Flu shot in Pattaya?

soistalker

I got one last week. Went to Dr. Oliver as thought it may be cheaper than hospital. The receptionist told me "no have go to hospital" without even looking up from her mobile phone.

So I went to Bangkok Pattaya Clinic on Sukhumvit opposite Big C. Best bit is no hanging around as it is a quiet place.

Baht 790 including Dr. consultation to write prescription, taking Weight, Blood pressure and temperature.

BPC Flu Jab.pdf

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Oink said:

I got one last week. Went to Dr. Oliver as thought it may be cheaper than hospital. The receptionist told me "no have go to hospital" without even looking up from her mobile phone.

So I went to Bangkok Pattaya Clinic on Sukhumvit opposite Big C. Best bit is no hanging around as it is a quiet place.

Baht 790 including Dr. consultation to write prescription, taking Weight, Blood pressure and temperature.

BPC Flu Jab.pdf

That's actually really funny because I called his clinic this morning. Receptionist couldn't be understood. Kept asking whoever was next to her what I was saying. Then related it back to me. 

"No have."

She didn't tell me to go hospital. Just, "No have."

So, I asked here. 

Thanks, Oink.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, johnnybgood said:

Well, as I lie here in my bed, alternating between sweating and shivering.... 

......  necking a fist full of paracetamol for the third day............

I can at least have comfort in saving 790 baht.     :smile:

That sucks. How'd you catch it?

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

This being a tourist city doesn't help germs are flown into this, and any country daily.

B790 seems a reasonable amount to help to avoid the discomfort of flu'

Maybe that's a task for me for later today

21 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Air con pubs, 2 kids at school, or my wife.

I'm a bit scared of needles so a flu shot wasn't on the menu. 

I couldn't even feel the needle go in. I had to look at the bandaid to see the blood to know she'd actually jabbed me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richsilver said:

If you get your medical information from Alex Jones, you deserve what you get!

So where u get ur info? From ur friendly big pharma pharmacist?

you can find a lot on it on forums or youtube, 

Edited by Xaos
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In previous years I've used Pattaya Memorial for 'flu vaccination, this time they estimated Baht 2000 , previous years was Baht 900.

Based on this posting. I checked BPHospital who have a package at Baht 990. This morning I went to the Clinic opposite Big C SouthRd. In-and-out the front door in 15 minutes: friendly staff, only had to wait 5 minutes for the previous patient to be seen, proper check before vacccination  and Baht 790.

Although I live near North Road I will be using this clinic (3 miles walk away) for minor ailments. I've been at a loss since Dr Belen retired. 

Thanks for the good advice

• Like 1

I got mine at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya 24 hour clinic on Sukumvit next to Chic Republic. The cost was 790 baht. This included registration, a nurse that takes your vitals (weight, height, blood pressure, body temperature), followed by a 30 second chat with the doctor who basically asked if I had allergies or previous reactions to flu shots. Finally the shot itself and payment. Nice thing is they take credit cards and provide a report if you seek insurance reimbursement. I was the only patient, top notch service, easy parking. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, soistalker said:

Flue can only, far as I know, be caught from another person. Could be anyone that sneezed or coughed nearby.

The old wives tales about getting a cold from being wet or "cold" are just old wives tales.

That's why, when I pass someone coughing or sneezing I hold my breath till well past, as it's an airborne virus, though if someone wiped their nose with their hand and touched something that I subsequently touched and then stuck my finger in my nose, that might do it too.

I don't know how long the cold/ flue virus survives outside the body, but that info will be out there on the internet for someone interested enough to look at.

Flue can only, far as I know, be caught from another person. Could be anyone that sneezed or coughed nearby.
The old wives tales about getting a cold from being wet or "cold" are just old wives tales.
That's why, when I pass someone coughing or sneezing I hold my breath till well past, as it's an airborne virus, though if someone wiped their nose with their hand and touched something that I subsequently touched and then stuck my finger in my nose, that might do it too.
I don't know how long the cold/ flue virus survives outside the body, but that info will be out there on the internet for someone interested enough to look at.

My understanding is that cold weather lowers your resistance and makes you more susceptible to the virus.
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2017 at 8:52 AM, johnnybgood said:

Air con pubs, 2 kids at school, or my wife.

I'm a bit scared of needles so a flu shot wasn't on the menu. 

These days the flu jab is hardly felt at all, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just a slight prick!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, toadflax said:

In previous years I've used Pattaya Memorial for 'flu vaccination, this time they estimated Baht 2000 , previous years was Baht 900.

Based on this posting. I checked BPHospital who have a package at Baht 990. This morning I went to the Clinic opposite Big C SouthRd. In-and-out the front door in 15 minutes: friendly staff, only had to wait 5 minutes for the previous patient to be seen, proper check before vacccination  and Baht 790.

Although I live near North Road I will be using this clinic (3 miles walk away) for minor ailments. I've been at a loss since Dr Belen retired. 

Thanks for the good advice

That's a bit cheeky for PM Hospital.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are basically stuffed on the flight coming over if someone has got it within 3 rows of where you are sitting.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 1:18 AM, johnnybgood said:

Well, as I lie here in my bed, alternating between sweating and shivering.... 

......  necking a fist full of paracetamol for the third day............

I can at least have comfort in saving 790 baht.     :smile:

Every single year I went down with the flu sometime after getting to Thailand and suffered badly from it. The whole thing. You know, the 2 bouts and over a week of misery. Stopped now with having the flu jab. Free in the UK.