Miss Teen ‘Amy’ tense after first night in prison

snoop1130

Miss Teen ‘Amy’ tense after first night in prison

By The Nation

3a02b698ee716005172e783208a599e1.jpeg

Actress and former Miss Teen Thailand Amelia “Amy” Jacobs appeared tense on Friday morning after spending her first night in the Min Buri Remand Prison, the prison chief said.

Sompop Sangkotkaew said although Amelia appeared under stress, she managed to eat her first breakfast in the prison. Her first meal in jail was a bowl of boiled rice, the prison chief added.

Amelia and her boyfriend were arrested early on Tuesday morning in Bangkok’s Sai Mai district on drugs charges.

On Thursday, the Criminal Court approved a police request to continue detaining Amelia and Poonyawat Hirantecha, her boyfriend, for 12 days pending further investigation before they would be charged in court.

They were sent to the remand prison after the court approved the detention.

Sompop said the two were interviewed by prison officials to find out whether they have special medical needs. They do not, he said.

Regarding concerns that Poonyawat might not be safe in prison because he has rivals, Sompop said prisoners on remand are kept separate from convicted inmates. A system is in place to ensure the safety of inmates, Sompop said.

Sompop said Poonyawat has a record of once being jailed in a drugs case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30327400

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-22

Oh god... here we go. 

The "victim card" is officially being played. Next she'll get a slap on the wrist and told not to sell drugs again.

Interesting that her boyfriend has already been to prison before on drugs charges. He's done. 

Edited by Senechal

Her first meal in jail was a bowl of boiled rice, the prison chief added.

And I'm sure a darned tasty bowl of rice it was!!!  I hope she really likes rice, because I'm sure she'll be getting it on a daily basis for quite a while to come. Probably the bad leftover rice stocks that the government can't/won't sell on the open market.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

What a waste of life. She almost die in a very bad accident 2 years ago and was in ICU for 3 months. Affect her financially as well as physically. With no parental guidance, she fell in wrong company. Now her life is ruin. 

If she was only a drug user she gets all the sympathy from me there is. However if she was selling it that sympathy is a lot less. I am quite pro drugs and feel that users should not be convicted for usage. If your dealing its an other story then your in it for the profit and should accept the risks. The amounts found with her if hers are too high for personal use, could be that just her bf was the dealer if so I hope she gets a good deal. The whole idea of punishing drug users is a bit crazy.. but I come from a liberal country drugs wise and have used my fair share in the past too. 

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“If we judge ourselves only by our aspirations and everyone else only their conduct we shall soon reach a very false conclusion.” 
― Calvin Coolidge

I think I understand the point you are making.

I will come from another angle - as a Catholic I believe in a merciful God, one that we should not prejudge. Perhaps we end up in much the same place...

A question for you worldly guys out there. Why is it that so many of these types of women who it could be said have anything going for them; looks, talent, great career opportunities, fall for these thugish, deadbeat no hoper loser guys?

Is it some kind of animal magnetism? Is it because they are attracted to brutes that treat them like crap? I sure don`t understand it.

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Disgusting cruel and unusual punishment bordering on torture. Shameful.

Become involved with losers and they will take you down to their levels. That`s exactly what this woman did, this women who had everything going for her but it wasn`t enough.  She has no one else to blame but herself. Everyone should know, especially Thais, that Thailand has a no tolerance policy towards illegal drugs. Whether some people believe these laws are too harsh or not, that`s the way it is. In several S.E. Asian countries she would has received a death penalty.

What about the lives of the people that get destroyed when they get addicted to the drugs that her loser boyfriend sells? 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

If she was only a drug user she gets all the sympathy from me there is. However if she was selling it that sympathy is a lot less. I am quite pro drugs and feel that users should not be convicted for usage. If your dealing its an other story then your in it for the profit and should accept the risks. The amounts found with her if hers are too high for personal use, could be that just her bf was the dealer if so I hope she gets a good deal. The whole idea of punishing drug users is a bit crazy.. but I come from a liberal country drugs wise and have used my fair share in the past too. 

I think you know the user/dealer scenario has some very blurred lines. Often it is little more than supporting a habit. Though in this case it is probably more a case of who you hang out with. Of course if you live in a country that arrests "beer pretties" for promoting beer, you can't hope to avoid jail time for being caught with drugs. Totally agree that the idea of punishing drug users is crazy, won't stop those on this forum calling on her to be locked up as drugs are illegal. Of course if alcohol were to be made illegal at the stroke of a pen, and lets face it, you are living in a country where all that is needed is a stroke of a pen, those that condemn her would be out searching for dealers.

Edited by roamer

6 hours ago, roamer said:

I think you know the user/dealer scenario has some very blurred lines. Often it is little more than supporting a habit. Though in this case it is probably more a case of who you hang out with. Of course if you live in a country that arrests "beer pretties" for promoting beer, you can't hope to avoid jail time for being caught with drugs. Totally agree that the idea of punishing drug users is crazy, won't stop those on this forum calling on her to be locked up as drugs are illegal. Of course if alcohol were to be made illegal at the stroke of a pen, and lets face it, you are living in a country where all that is needed is a stroke of a pen, those that condemn her would be out searching for dealers.

Yes I know the user / dealer scenario has blurred lines, especially if we are talking small time dealers who sell a few pills extra to pay for their habit. I was more thinking about the bigger ones. I agree that there are many here that love to see users locked up, they see drugs as evil but don't see their beloved alcohol as a drug while its classified as a harddrug just like yabaa. Your right its only a pen stroke that separates the two drugs from legal and illegal. I am just real liberal here as I don't see drugs as a major problem, or at least nog for everyone. If you see how much drugs here are caught.. then just imagine how much are not caught.. then imagine how high the use rate is. If you imagine that then why are there not more addicts on the streets.. probably because most users are just like users of alcohol not a problem at all, just a few causing problems. 

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And I'm sure a darned tasty bowl of rice it was!!!  I hope she really likes rice, because I'm sure she'll be getting it on a daily basis for quite a while to come. Probably the bad leftover rice stocks that the government can't/won't sell on the open market.

The whole street along the BKK-hotel is full of restaurants, if you pay the guards they'll get you what you like to eat.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

So let's actually think about this...   Without users (breaking the law) would there even BE any dealers(breaking the law as a consequence of the willing users)?   As a former user, it sounds like you're kind of just pointing a finger and saying, "See!  It's not me!  It's that other guy!!"   Why shouldn't a dealer say, "Hey, I only deal because somebody else wants to buy!"?  'Seems to me your skirts aren't that much cleaner than theirs.   IMO, users deserve to bear their fair share of the legal risk as well.

11 hours ago, JAG said:

I think I understand the point you are making.

I will come from another angle - as a Catholic I believe in a merciful God, one that we should not prejudge. Perhaps we end up in much the same place...

Yep. We all end up six foot under!

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Become involved with losers and they will take you down to their levels. That`s exactly what this woman did, this women who had everything going for her but it wasn`t enough.  She has no one else to blame but herself. Everyone should know, especially Thais, that Thailand has a no tolerance policy towards illegal drugs. Whether some people believe these laws are too harsh or not, that`s the way it is. In several S.E. Asian countries she would has received a death penalty.

What about the lives of the people that get destroyed when they get addicted to the drugs that her loser boyfriend sells? 

There is a leniency for thai people. I have a friends whose girlfriend is on her 5th trafficking charge and finally received anmenaingful sentence of 5 years.

All the others were less than 12 months, the first 2 considerably less than 6. 

Edited by MadMuhammad

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

So let's actually think about this...   Without users (breaking the law) would there even BE any dealers(breaking the law as a consequence of the willing users)?   As a former user, it sounds like you're kind of just pointing a finger and saying, "See!  It's not me!  It's that other guy!!"   Why shouldn't a dealer say, "Hey, I only deal because somebody else wants to buy!"?  'Seems to me your skirts aren't that much cleaner than theirs.   IMO, users deserve to bear their fair share of the legal risk as well.

I think as long as the human race exists there will always be drug users, be them illegal or something you can buy right over the counter in a pharmacy.  Human beings have been using substances since the dawn of time, whether "drugs" or alcohol, the latter being one of the most toxic things you can put in your body. 

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

Prohibition worked good in the US... did they go after the users there. The drug war is lost.. better try something new. 

Where I used there was no risk and police did not care a thing so I have no feelings of guilt about what i did.. so no need to point fingers at others. It was easy and without many risks where I came from. You could even get your tablets tested to see if they were safe (relatively) at parties. 

Sometimes I wish they just outlawed alcohol.. so see all those holier then holy guys who post on here become users of an illegal substance and see their stance change. But then again.. would that be worth it seeing their opinion change while yet an other drug is outlawed in a loosing war on drugs. 

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

A question for you worldly guys out there. Why is it that so many of these types of women who it could be said have anything going for them; looks, talent, great career opportunities, fall for these thugish, deadbeat no hoper loser guys?

Is it some kind of animal magnetism? Is it because they are attracted to brutes that treat them like crap? I sure don`t understand it.

Whitney Houston, reportedly spent $2.3 Million USD on Cocaine in three years, she was on top of the world, then met her idiot husband.

12 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

A lot of hot chicks like a bit of rough...

Don't ask me how I know...

14 hours ago, robblok said:

I agree with you except the bit about dealers.   Without dealers where would users get their drugs?   I'm pro drugs also and would like to see more countries adopt a far more lenient approach to drug use and sale.   The Government should sell drugs as a revenue source, or at least do what other places do and tax them for revenue.

Putting people in prison does nothing to stop people wanting to adjust their brain chemistry.

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Posts line this confuse me. 

In the quote above you sound so intelligent and reasonable with your arguments, probably the result of a solid education from a democratic European country. On the other hand you support the removal of Thai democracy by force, removal of personal rights and aspirations for Thai people plus most of the BS that followed from the Junta.

Do you believe that the Thai people deserve less than their European counterparts? Do you just want to maintain a comfortable life for yourself here? Or are you bi-polar? I really don't get it.

Personally I think you want to maintain the status quo so you can keep your comfortable life here, cheap maids, cheap food, cheap everything. But you're backing the wrong horse and it's about time you admit it.