Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

1 minute ago, amvet said:

The kneeling protest started when the knucklehead occupying the White house was Obama. 

Why are these lot trying to change history.  Is the hatred so entrenched for one man that many do not care how they distort the truth or try to disassemble history.  And they don't seem to care if they are caught out. No wonder America is in the state it is, with the rest of the world slowly following.  What is it about lunatics and asylums?:wai:

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, amvet said:

13 months ago (while Obama was President) Kaepernick knelt down to show his disrespect for the American National Anthem and protest of what he deemed are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

In an attempt to satiate your Obama/Hillary obsession that is injected into most of your posts,

no matter what the topic may be, here are the responses from both of them:

(Video at link)

The Difference Between President Trump and President Obama's Reactions to the NFL Kneeling Movement

“There are gonna be a lot of folks who do stuff we don’t agree with...but as long as they’re doing it within the law, then we can voice our opinion objecting to it, but it’s also their right," Obama said during a CNN town hall event last September, not long after Kaepernick first knelt."

“I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing."

"But I also want people to think about the pain he may be expressing about somebody who’s lost a loved one that they think was unfairly shot,” Obama said."

http://time.com/4955050/trump-obama-nfl-nba-kaepernick-kneeling/

Edited by iReason

34 minutes ago, iReason said:

In an attempt to satiate your Obama/Hillary obsession that is injected into most of your posts,

(Video at link)

The Difference Between President Trump and President Obama's Reactions to the NFL Kneeling Movement

“There are gonna be a lot of folks who do stuff we don’t agree with...but as long as they’re doing it within the law, then we can voice our opinion objecting to it, but it’s also their right," Obama said during a CNN town hall event last September, not long after Kaepernick first knelt."

“I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing."

"But I also want people to think about the pain he may be expressing about somebody who’s lost a loved one that they think was unfairly shot,” Obama said."

The overwhelming point is they both agree that kneeling during the American Anthem is wrong and hurtful.  I agree with both of them on that. 

43 minutes ago, iReason said:

(Video at link)

And there is the difference between Trump and a class act.

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

The overwhelming point is they both agree that kneeling during the American Anthem is wrong and hurtful.  I agree with both of them on that. 

Not quite,

President Obama did insult the mothers of the protesters.

As the crass, boorish buffoon that occupies the White House did.

President Obama gave a reasoned response.

Something, it appears, said occupier is completely incapable of.

:coffee1:

9 minutes ago, amvet said:

Yes I do too but I think the compromise would be don't play the anthem or make it at the very beginning before the players come out so it's obvious that it's 'up to them'. 

Someone said earlier what if a white guy was shot by a black Police officer and teams did the same?  it can never happen, of course, but what if...?  so take the sting out and don't play it

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Yes I do too but I think the compromise would be don't play the anthem or make it at the very beginning before the players come out so it's obvious that it's 'up to them'. 

They should say "All stand for the National anthem"

And then play this instead

9 minutes ago, mike324 said:

hahaha enough said, pot calling the kettle back.

How many times does Donald Trump back track on his words?

He has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them!

He loves to throw down the race card as well:

Interesting that his source is, once again, a far right conspiracy site. 

This one run by Tucker Carlson/Fox "News":

"The study also found that the Daily Caller provided "amplification and legitimation" for "the most extreme conspiracy sites", such as Truthfeed, Infowars, Gateway Pundit and Conservative Treehouse during the 2016 presidential election."

"The Daily Caller also "employed anti-immigrant narratives that echoed sentiments from the alt-right and white nationalists but without the explicitly racist and pro-segregation language."

"The Daily Caller has published articles by Jason Kessler, a white supremacist who organized a rally of hundreds of white nationalists in Charlottesville."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller#Controversies

1 hour ago, iReason said:

(Video at link)

You still don't get it.  Just don't protest during the counties national anthem.  After that, no one cares what the hell you do. You can run up and down the field naked for anyone gives a crap! It is the simple fact that they kneel down during the anthem. Sending a message that this country is so unfair. (must be a big hassle cashing those million dollar checks in such an unfair country).  They are making the Anthem political. That is what is so upsetting to so many... Wrong place....

Edited by habanero

2 minutes ago, habanero said:

You still don't get it.  Just don't protest during the counties national anthem.  After that, no one cares what the hell you do. You can run up and down the field naked for anyone gives a crap! 

You still don't get it, Americas free speech allows people to do that and its not a crime! If you don't agree with free speech, push the president to change the law then. 

1 minute ago, mike324 said:

You still don't get it, Americas free speech allows people to do that and its not a crime! If you don't agree with free speech, push the president to change the law then. 

There is no right to free speech on private property or with a private company. Such as the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, habanero said:

There is no right to free speech on private property or with a private company. Such as the NFL.  

well apparently the NFL believes in free speech in cases like this...so wait till NFL has a new board and change their rules

since its a private company, you have no right to tell it what to do as well!  all we can do is be keyboard warriors

Can someone clarify the time line of events for me?  Surely this was old news to do with Kap in 2016 who has not been picked up by any teams this year. Had someone else done it since to cause Trump's comments on Saturday, or is it just another example of him stirring the pot to throw red meat to his base?  

5 minutes ago, habanero said:

In any case, it's not the proper role of a U.S. president to try to dictate firing policies of a private organization. Of course we all know by now the con man clown potus is totally IMPROPER. 

10 minutes ago, habanero said:

Sure is.

Especially, if the Commissioner of the NFL says he is proud of the protesters and the owners uniformly agree.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In any case, it's not the proper role of a U.S. president to try to dictate firing policies of a private organization. Of course we all know by now the con man clown potus is totally IMPROPER. 

I totally agree with you. The prez has no right to dictate firing policies.  I will be the first to admit Trump needs a smaller shoe if he is going to keep putting his foot in his mouth.

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Sure is.

Especially, if the Commissioner of the NFL says he is proud of the protesters and the owners uniformly agree.

Not exactly according to the U.S. supreme court.  People pay to attend these games. They have a right not to be offended by protesters on private property. 

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Can someone clarify the time line of events for me?  Surely this was old news to do with Kap in 2016 who has not been picked up by any teams this year. Had someone else done it since to cause Trump's comments on Saturday, or is it just another example of him stirring the pot to throw red meat to his base?  

More than 200 protest racism in loud NFL statement

"More than 200 NFL players defiantly took a knee during the national anthem at their games Sunday while hundreds of other grid stars locked arms with their coaches — and even some team owners — in protest of President Trump, who had ripped the league over the weekend."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/about-100-protest-national-anthem-in-loud-nfl-statement/

38 minutes ago, iReason said:

Not quite,

President Obama did insult the mothers of the protesters.

As the crass, boorish buffoon that occupies the White House did.

President Obama gave a reasoned response.

Something, it appears, said occupier is completely incapable of.

Obama insulted Kaepernick by telling him he hurt a dead American Hero's parents.  It don't get much worse than that even for us Patriots.  Trump and Obama both insulted kneelers as they should as the President of America is supposed to do. 

Just now, iReason said:

More than 200 protest racism in loud NFL statement

"More than 200 NFL players defiantly took a knee during the national anthem at their games Sunday while hundreds of other grid stars locked arms with their coaches — and even some team owners — in protest of President Trump, who had ripped the league over the weekend."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/about-100-protest-national-anthem-in-loud-nfl-statement/

Thanks iReason- I know that it blew up in his face, but that happened after Trump mouthed off about it.  Why did he do that in the first place?  Surely it was a dead issue until he dragged it up again.  That is why I was wondering if something had happened the week before that might at least explain why he felt the need to open up the whole can of worms again.

6 minutes ago, habanero said:

I totally agree with you. The prez has no right to dictate firing policies.  I will be the first to admit Trump needs a smaller shoe if he is going to keep putting his foot in his mouth.

Even worse is imo the tone and exact words. Calling a player's mother a bitch and similar he should refrain from.

7 minutes ago, habanero said:

They have a right not to be offended by protesters on private property. 

Have you been to or seen a rally for the occupier of the White House?

Where the Obama and Hillary protesters dwell?

Best thing about those rallies is, they are behind closed doors as not to offend the majority of the general population.

It's only going to get worst. The largest veterans organization in the U.S.  The American Legion is chiming in.

We haven't heard from the AMVETS or VFW yet. 

I believe the days of the National Anthem and Jets flying overhead is coming to a close.

The American Legion blasts NFL for disrespect

INDIANAPOLIS (September 25, 2017) –  The leader of the nation’s largest veterans organization characterized professional athletes and other Americans who fail to show respect for the national anthem as “misguided and ungrateful.”

American Legion National Commander Denise H. Rohan lamented the politicization of what used to be a display of unity at NFL games and other sporting events throughout the country.

“The American Legion is one of the original architects of the U.S. Flag Code,” said Rohan, a U.S Army veteran. “That code was produced by 69 patriotic, fraternal civic and military organizations in 1923. It included members of all political parties, big labor, industry, and minorities. The code calls on all present to stand at attention while the anthem is played. It wasn’t political when it was written and it shouldn’t be political today. Having a right to do something, does not make it the right thing to do. We salute Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva, who stood alone respecting the flag as his teammates stayed in their locker room. NASCAR also deserves credit for their support of our anthem. There are many ways to protest, but the national anthem should be our moment to stand together as one UNITED States of America.”

With a current membership of two million wartime veterans, The American Legion, www.legion.org, was founded in 1919 on the four pillars of a strong national security, veterans affairs, Americanism, and youth programs. Legionnaires work for the betterment of their communities through nearly 13,000 posts across the nation.

John B. Raughter

Deputy Director, Media Relations

http://www.legion.org/sites/legion.org/files/legion/sig/embsig.jpg

6 minutes ago, amvet said:

Obama insulted Kaepernick by telling him he hurt a dead American Hero's parents.  It don't get much worse than that even for us Patriots.  Trump and Obama both insulted kneelers as they should as the President of America is supposed to do. 

:crazy:

Yeah right such an insult:

And this was quoted just a page or two ago, so why are you making stuff up?

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

Obama insulted Kaepernick by telling him he hurt a dead American Hero's parents. 

Trump and Obama both insulted kneelers as they should as the President of America is supposed to do. 

Just making stuff up.

Your Obama fixation is borderline obsession.

Hey, while I've got you here,

you never responded to my query regarding your post:

Do you consider the "quotes" you provided, listed below,

that you claim you heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to", not racist?

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

No use of "the race card" there?

5 minutes ago, habanero said:

It's only going to get worst. The largest veterans organization in the U.S.  The American Legion is chiming in.

We haven't heard from the AMVETS or VFW yet. 

I believe the days of the National Anthem and Jets flying overhead is coming to a close.

The American Legion blasts NFL for disrespect

INDIANAPOLIS (September 25, 2017) –  The leader of the nation’s largest veterans organization characterized professional athletes and other Americans who fail to show respect for the national anthem as “misguided and ungrateful.”

American Legion National Commander Denise H. Rohan lamented the politicization of what used to be a display of unity at NFL games and other sporting events throughout the country.

“The American Legion is one of the original architects of the U.S. Flag Code,” said Rohan, a U.S Army veteran. “That code was produced by 69 patriotic, fraternal civic and military organizations in 1923. It included members of all political parties, big labor, industry, and minorities. The code calls on all present to stand at attention while the anthem is played. It wasn’t political when it was written and it shouldn’t be political today. Having a right to do something, does not make it the right thing to do. We salute Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva, who stood alone respecting the flag as his teammates stayed in their locker room. NASCAR also deserves credit for their support of our anthem. There are many ways to protest, but the national anthem should be our moment to stand together as one UNITED States of America.”

With a current membership of two million wartime veterans, The American Legion, www.legion.org, was founded in 1919 on the four pillars of a strong national security, veterans affairs, Americanism, and youth programs. Legionnaires work for the betterment of their communities through nearly 13,000 posts across the nation.

John B. Raughter

Deputy Director, Media Relations

http://www.legion.org/sites/legion.org/files/legion/sig/embsig.jpg

Tell Trump not to make it political.