Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

:crazy:

Yeah right such an insult:

And this was quoted just a page or two ago, so why are you making stuff up?

"I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing."

Above is an insult.  Obama told Kaepernick he caused pain to a wife and child of a dead American hero. 

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In any case, it's not the proper role of a U.S. president to try to dictate firing policies of a private organization. Of course we all know by now the con man clown potus is totally IMPROPER. 

Every President I can think of has dictated firing policies of private organizations that did things that were opposed to our national interests.  Perhaps if you took a couple of American History courses it would help.  Tell me what you thought the Boston Tea party was about? 

1 minute ago, amvet said:

"I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing."

Above is an insult.  Obama told Kaepernick he caused pain to a wife and child of a dead American hero. 

1) He clearly uses the word 'may'.

2) Even if he didn't use the word 'may' it is not an insult, it is a statement of potential consequence.

3) Here is an insult: "Get that son of a bitch off the field right now."  Guess who is the insulting one in these two examples, and yet here you are trying to indulge in whataboutism in defence of your hero.

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

Nice spin. NOT.

This is an insult: "Get that son of a b**ch off the field right now."

:coffee1:

1 minute ago, amvet said:

Every President I can think of has dictated firing policies of private organizations that did things that were opposed to our national interests.  Perhaps if you took a couple of American History courses it would help.  Tell me what you thought the Boston Tea party was about? 

Sure thing, dude. Who was the U.S. president at the time of the Boston Tea Party? 

26 minutes ago, habanero said:

I totally agree with you. The prez has no right to dictate firing policies.  I will be the first to admit Trump needs a smaller shoe if he is going to keep putting his foot in his mouth.

What would think of the Nazi army driving Fords to invade Poland and start WWII?  How about Americans that were fired for selling steel to Japan in volition of the embargo before WWII?  

The War Production Board (WPB) was an agency of the United States government that supervised war production during World War II. President Franklin D. Roosevelt established it in August 1939, with Executive Order 9024. The WPB replaced the Supply Priorities and Allocation Board and the Office of Production Management.

You do know that more Americans died during 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor in case you think we are not at war right now. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing, dude. Who was the U.S. president at the time of the Boston Tea Party? 

Samual Adams probably gets credit for the Tea Party and Presidents have intervened in many issues of law and business the most notorious was the suspension of the right of habeas corpus.   Roosevelt pushed executive powers to new limits, arguing that the rise of industrial capitalism had rendered limited government obsolete. You might want to check with Rockefeller and Carnegie about what government did to their businesses with anti trust legislation.  All this making Trump look like an angel as far as meddling with business. 

Why is Obama and Trump even in this conversation? The kneeler can't even get a job anymore. Neither O or T started this and D said he didn't like it. So the football players under the disguise of a back guy being shoot are really just acting against Trump and the anthem. This is pure politics and disrespect 

rather than standing up for blacks. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Last time I checked, the USA is not currently in a declared war with any nation. 

Anyway, the idiocy of orange troll potus is the issue here. Not USA wars. 

I'm sure I read that moderation did not want any more name calling "orange troll potus" anymore or do you get a special dispensation?

8 minutes ago, amvet said:

I'm sure I read that moderation did not want any more name calling "orange troll potus" anymore or do you get a special dispensation?

I make no secret about my total disgust for 45. If you're too delicate to handle dissent against the fascist in the white house, keep watching Fox News and put me on ignore. 

As you're IGNORANT of the rules here, let me fill you in. You aren't allowed to alter the actual literal name of a public figure.

For your edification, I will give you an example of a FICTIONAL public figure.

Say there is a president called Monstri.

You can't write his name as President Monster.

You are allowed to describe public figures as you like according to your POV.

You may call 45 a hero, and MAGA. I never will. 

Orange troll potus is in my view an apt description of that corrupt sleazeball. 

Edited by Jingthing

32 minutes ago, iReason said:

I certainly hope so.

There is no place for nationalistic, god-fearing propaganda at a sporting event.

In the words of that great American President Barack Husein Obama I think you ought consider the pain you are causing to an American wife or child of a hero who has died in the service of his country at the orders of our then Commander and Chief of the Army Barack Husein Obama. 

A boycott of the NFL will never work.

Because if you're a football fan, there is only one NFL.

You don't have a trump-FL to watch instead.

I'm no longer a football fan but if I still was and the players all wore MAGA hats the entire game, I would still watch the games (but would need to keep a VOMIT bag close by). 

Edited by Jingthing

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I make no secret about my total disgust for 45. If you're too delicate to handle dissent against the fascist in the white house, keep watching Fox News and put me on ignore. 

As you're IGNORANT of the rules here, let me fill you in. You aren't allowed to alter the actual literal name of a public figure.

You are allowed to describe public figures as you like according to your POV.

You may call 45 a hero, and MAGA. I never will. 

Orange troll potus is in my view an apt description of that corrupt sleazeball. 

Thanks for telling me that.  I totally misunderstood his post.  I remember the part about not using the report button about you anymore and I'm glad you clarified the name calling issue. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A boycott of the NFL will never work.

Because if you're a football fan, there is only one NFL.

You don't have a trump-FL to watch instead.

I'm no longer a football fan but if I still was and the players all wore MAGA hats the entire game, I would still watch the games (but would need to keep a VOMIT bag close by). 

I agree with you.  You would have thought that throwing the World Series would have done it but no.  But this one will come close.  Not successful but close enough to worry the owners. 

29 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Why is Obama and Trump even in this conversation? The kneeler can't even get a job anymore. Neither O or T started this and D said he didn't like it. So the football players under the disguise of a back guy being shoot are really just acting against Trump and the anthem. This is pure politics and disrespect 

rather than standing up for blacks. 

Trump inserted himself in the discussion, taking it to a whole new level.

Really stupid move, he made the discussion about him.

Edited by stevenl

57 minutes ago, amvet said:

What would think of the Nazi army driving Fords to invade Poland and start WWII?  How about Americans that were fired for selling steel to Japan in volition of the embargo before WWII?  

The War Production Board (WPB) was an agency of the United States government that supervised war production during World War II. President Franklin D. Roosevelt established it in August 1939, with Executive Order 9024. The WPB replaced the Supply Priorities and Allocation Board and the Office of Production Management.

You do know that more Americans died during 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor in case you think we are not at war right now. 

Whoa!

The flood gates have opened.

And you're off and running.

With another mound of wildly hyperbolic blather.

Let's review where you have traveled from:

19 hours ago,  amvet said: 

The poor sports who can't stand the results of our electoral process are trying to scapegoat the current legal administration into a coup.

The whole point of kneeling is to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary. 

Why else do it?  It is a firm statement about not liking democracy if the results don't go your way.

8 hours ago,  amvet said: 

Black people are opportunistic when it comes to protests

and will jump on any bandwagon that happens to be passing by

"scapegoats, coups, to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary, firm statement about not liking democracy, and Black people are opportunistic"

And now, we have Nazis, embargoes, the invasion of Poland, the of start WWII, 

The War Production Board, Pearl Harbor and War.

You have quite an imagination that started with a silent protest while kneeling.

You compare that, with the above?

:blink:

Hey, not sure if you missed this one,

you never responded to my query regarding your post:

Do you consider the "quotes" you provided, listed below,

that you claim you heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to", not racist?

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

No use of "the race card" there?

Edited by iReason

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As far as I can gather, and unless anyone can point to any evidence to the contrary, he didn't just insert himself into the discussion, he resurrected a discussion that was pretty well dead and done.  The great divider.

1 minute ago, Slip said:

As far as I can gather, and unless anyone can point to any evidence to the contrary, he didn't just insert himself into the discussion, he resurrected a discussion that was pretty well dead and done.  The great divider.

Pretty much. It wasn't quite dead and gone, but it was far off the lead news stories.

Another red meat diversion/distraction for his white resentment base away from the clown's legislative failures, what is shaping up as trump's Katrina (PUERTO RICO!), and of course RUSSIA.  

Edited by Jingthing

54 minutes ago, amvet said:

Reagan fired all the air traffic controllers.  Kennedy warned the RR union that there would be vast repercussions if they went on strike.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, Trump made harsh comments on this issue. No different then any other issue 

But the whole kneel thing was about a black getting killed, now that's forgotten it is now a retaliation against Trump, but really their actions are against the country. Go kneel in front of Trump Tower instead.

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

Whoa!

The flood gates have opened.

And you're off and running.

With another mound of wildly hyperbolic blather.

Let's review where you have traveled from:

The poor sports who can't stand the results of our electoral process are trying to scapegoat the current legal administration

into a coup.

The whole point of kneeling is to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary. 

Why else do it?  It is a firm statement about not liking democracy if the results don't go your way.

Posted 19 hours ago amvet said: 

The poor sports who can't stand the results of our electoral process are trying to scapegoat the current legal administration

into a coup.

8 hours ago,  amvet said: 

Black people are opportunistic when it comes to protests and will jump on any bandwagon that happens to be passing by

"scapegoats, coups, to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary,

firm statement about not liking democracy, and Black people are opportunistic"

And now, we have Nazis, embargoes, the invasion of Poland, the of start WWII, 

The War Production Board, Pearl Harbor and War.

You have quite an imagination that started with a silent protest while kneeling.

You compare that, with the above?

:blink:

Hey, not sure if you missed this one,

you never responded to my query regarding your post:

Do you consider the "quotes" you provided, listed below,

that you claim you heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to", not racist?

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

No use of "the race card" there?

Another poster said that American Presidents should not interfere with business.  Many would say that is all Democratic Presidents do is interfere with business.  I cited a few examples when Presidents have or should have interfered with business.  If the blacks had come out and voted for Hillary in the same numbers as Obama Hillary would have won.  So they only have themselves to blame. 

And here is an assortment of patriotic picnic ware, which you can slop greasy food on and then toss into the garbage when you're done with them.  

59ca3b53d0db4_flagplates.jpg.a105b29b938c98207792279439550b45.jpg

Amazingly, they have 88% five-star ratings and not one single comment about how disrespectful they are.  Let's not even mention the American flag toilet paper.  

Edited by attrayant

34 minutes ago, amvet said:

Another poster said that American Presidents should not interfere with business.  Many would say that is all Democratic Presidents do is interfere with business.  I cited a few examples when Presidents have or should have interfered with business.  If the blacks had come out and voted for Hillary in the same numbers as Obama Hillary would have won.  So they only have themselves to blame. 

Spectacular deflection! Well done!  

Gold Medal stuff.

:clap2:

Absolutely nothing to address my post.

I will take that as an affirmative that you stand by your quotes I pointed out.

:thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, habanero said:

"Those that disrespect the flag, have never been given a folded one".

Well, which is it?

The nationalistic anthem written by a racist or the flag?

Where’s the Debate on Francis Scott Key’s Slave-Holding Legacy?

"In 1814, Key was a slaveholding lawyer from an old Maryland plantation family,

who thanks to a system of human bondage had grown rich and powerful."

"When he wrote the poem that would, in 1931, become the national anthem and proclaim our nation “the land of the free,” like Jefferson, Key not only profited from slaves, he harbored racist conceptions of American citizenship and human potential."

"Africans in America, he said, were: “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/wheres-debate-francis-scott-keys-slave-holding-legacy-180959550/

That last quote sure sounds like a lot of the rhetoric from the followers of the current occupier of the White House...

34 minutes ago, iReason said:

Spectacular deflection! Well done!  

Gold Medal stuff.

:clap2:

Absolutely nothing to address my post.

I will take that as an affirmative that you stand by your quotes I pointed out.

:thumbsup:

I lived in an athletic dorm at a college with a reputation for first round draft picks and total number of players in the NFL. 

Below is my and Charles Barkley's opinion of football players.