Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

3 hours ago, habanero said:

You still don't get it.  Just don't protest during the counties national anthem.  After that, no one cares what the hell you do. You can run up and down the field naked for anyone gives a crap! It is the simple fact that they kneel down during the anthem. Sending a message that this country is so unfair. (must be a big hassle cashing those million dollar checks in such an unfair country).  They are making the Anthem political. That is what is so upsetting to so many... Wrong place....

You still don't get it. Actually you Can NOT run up and down the field naked as that is a criminal offence, kneeling during a national anthem is NOT a criminal offence. Non of the millionaire sportsmen are saying the 'country  is unfair' to them, they are kneeling and protesting because they are saying the country is unfair to an element of society that has no voice, that is not seen by 50 million viewers every weekend. One of them even forfeited his million dollar a month career to protest the rights of people he believed were suffering an injustice. But..........nah!............you still don't get it.

There is no right to free speech on private property or with a private company. Such as the NFL.  

Well conveniently Thai Visa is in fact a bit of internet, virtual, private property, so can you forgo your right to free speech under your own rules and give us all a break !

I totally agree with you. The prez has no right to dictate firing policies.  I will be the first to admit Trump needs a smaller shoe if he is going to keep putting his foot in his mouth.

His shoes are small enough, they are commensurate and proportional  with the size of his hands.

Edited by Andaman Al

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, amvet said:

You do know that more Americans died during 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor in case you think we are not at war right now. 

Yes and as a result of Pearl Harbour the US upped its game, joined the war and all but annihilated Japan using Nukes. In comparison the perpetrators of 9/11 - Saudi Arabia were given a free pass and we embarked on the destruction of two country's that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. So what's your point?

9 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Yes and as a result of Pearl Harbour the US upped its game, joined the war and all but annihilated Japan using Nukes. In comparison the perpetrators of 9/11 - Saudi Arabia were given a free pass and we embarked on the destruction of two country's that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. So what's your point?

We went to war as a result of 9/11 but with the wrong country.  My point is that a President should conduct himself on a war footing and begin to act like a fellow who is cognizant of the reality that we are being attacked on many fronts.  It would have been a heck of a lot easier to deal with North Korea when they didn't have nukes.  Are we going to wait for them to have more nukes and that somehow makes Kim less crazy or less dangerous?  Would a football player have not stood for the Anthem in 1942?

Edited by amvet

1 hour ago, habanero said:

"Those that disrespect the flag, have never been given a folded one".

Those that have been given the folded flag hate it !! I would rather have my young boy home any day than a frakking folded flag on the frakking table. YOU have never been given a folded flag!!

It is funny how this hysteria over the national anthem and the flag is entirely reminiscent of the muslims hysteria over disrespecting the koran or 'Mohammed'. Oh it's just a book everybody says, it's just some guy out of history, why all the fuss? Muslims going mad about nothing, going mad about burning or dissing a book. And here we are , citizens of the United States of America going mad about some dudes kneeling down during a national anthem. Have you all not noticed, one of your territories - Puerto Rico has had no power for 6 days, people are dying due to heat, poor sanitation and a lack of fresh water, but lets stay on the out rage bus about black guys kneeling during an anthem, and don't climb on the out rage bus about the complete lack of government response to 3 million US citizens suffering in a disaster area.

1 minute ago, amvet said:

We went to war as a result of 9/11 but with the wrong country.  My point is that a President should conduct himself on a war footing and begin to act like a fellow who is cognizant of the reality that we are being attacked on many fronts.  It would have been a heck of a lot easier to deal with North Korea when they didn't have nukes.  Are we going to wait for them to have more nukes and that somehow makes Kim less crazy or less dangerous?  Would a football player have not stood for the Anthem in 1942?

You didn't allow that many blacks to play football in 1942. You put them all on the front line in blacks only regiments.

A President should NEVER conduct himself on a war footing, that is why we are in all this crap with head cases like Kim Jong Un running North Korea, that was the result of a President from the US 'on a war footing'. A President should leave a wave of peace wherever he has the fortune to walk, the US has enough warmongers without having one at the helm.

26 minutes ago, amvet said:

I lived in an athletic dorm at a college with a reputation for first round draft picks and total number of players in the NFL. 

Below is my and Charles Barkley's opinion of football players.

Only one more and you will have achieved the Triple Crown of deflections. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, amvet said:

I agree.  Send the black guys down there to help em out.  No power so the football players are big guys and can do the heavy lifting. 

EDIT:  Really not worth the energy.  Your disgusting comment is reported.

Edited by Slip

Just now, iReason said:

Only one more and you will have achieved the Triple Crown of deflections. :thumbsup:

I'm just saying I agree with Charles Barkley and Barack Obama and that football players are idiots and should think about the wives and children of the soldiers who lost their lives working in support of the USA.  This topic is about football players clashing with the President.  About this issue it was not only one President but two Presidents. 

15 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Have you all not noticed, one of your territories - Puerto Rico has had no power for 6 days, people are dying due to heat, poor sanitation and a lack of fresh water, but lets stay on the out rage bus about black guys kneeling during an anthem, and don't climb on the out rage bus about the complete lack of government response to 3 million US citizens suffering in a disaster area.

Zero response for 5 days. Not a word from the "Twitter" in chief. None, zip, nada.

The fool was too preoccupied with a football player who knelt in silence. A year sgo.

3 minutes ago, amvet said:

I'm just saying I agree with Charles Barkley and Barack Obama and that football players are idiots and should think about the wives and children of the soldiers who lost their lives working in support of the USA.  This topic is about football players clashing with the President.  About this issue it was not only one President but two Presidents. 

No, one President handled the situation like a statesman and if you quoted him in FULL he pointed out BOTH SIDES of the protest. The other President handled it like the deplorable red neck whooping an hollerin unemployable member of the core base he was aiming at in Alabama. Who would have thought he would bring up and argument about blacks in Alabama, that was never going to cause controversy was it. He is the Grand Orange Troll.

10 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Nice!

You brought it up.  Puerto Rico has had no power for 6 days, people are dying due to heat, poor sanitation and a lack of fresh water, but lets stay on the out rage bus about black guys kneeling during an anthem, and don't climb on the out rage bus about the complete lack of government response to 3 million US citizens suffering in a disaster area.

What do you think is going to happen?  The US military will go down there and do the heavy lifting and stand up when the National Anthem is played by a thankful Puerto Rico. 

Who do you think will pay the bill?  Puerto Rico?  No.  Mainland US taxpayers because Puerto Rico is broke. 

Edited by amvet

10 minutes ago, Slip said:

EDIT:  Really not worth the energy.  Your disgusting comment is reported.

If football players wanted to make an impression they would go to Puerto Rico and help out rather than kneeling during the playing of the National Anthem.  Do good is better than griping about something no one even understands what you are complaining about. 

4 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

No, one President handled the situation like a statesman and if you quoted him in FULL he pointed out BOTH SIDES of the protest. The other President handled it like the deplorable red neck whooping an hollerin unemployable member of the core base he was aiming at in Alabama. Who would have thought he would bring up and argument about blacks in Alabama, that was never going to cause controversy was it. He is the Grand Orange Troll.

Meanwhile this is the sort of behaviour that one of the presidents mentioned is enabling.  From middle-schoolers no less.
DKhauUrWAAI4Obm.jpg
https://twitter.com/rita_nde/status/912078681983549441

Edited by Slip

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Before Obama was President he had a job saying he was sorry to people.  Before Trump was President he had a job saying. "you're fired."  You mean the people who voted for Trump expected all of a sudden he was going tell everyone how sorry he was for them?

11 minutes ago, amvet said:

Bingo! Triple Crown Deflection achieved.

Take a bow.

:coffee1:

13 minutes ago, amvet said:

This topic is about football players clashing with the President

That is correct.

But that didn't stop you from going off on bizarre tangents about scapegoats, coups, showing disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary, firm statement about not liking democracy, and Black people are opportunistic"

As well as Nazis, embargoes, the invasion of Poland, the of start WWII, The War Production Board, Pearl Harbor and War.

And most recently N. Korea.

Speaking of:

21761989_1450671041690939_7107543385533538355_n.jpg

16 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And you are being Trolled here.

23 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You didn't allow that many blacks to play football in 1942. You put them all on the front line in blacks only regiments.

A President should NEVER conduct himself on a war footing, that is why we are in all this crap with head cases like Kim Jong Un running North Korea, that was the result of a President from the US 'on a war footing'. A President should leave a wave of peace wherever he has the fortune to walk, the US has enough warmongers without having one at the helm.

The U.S. military was still heavily segregated. The air force and the marines had no African Americans enlisted in their ranks, and the navy only accepted black Americans as cooks and waiters. The army had only five African-American officers. In addition, no African-American would receive the Medal of Honor during the war, and their tasks in the war were largely reserved to noncombat units.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-ushistory/chapter/social-effects-of-the-war/

They have a right not to be offended by protesters on private property. 

There is no such thing as a right not to be offended.  People can vote with their pocket books if they feel aggrieved by some imagined offense.  As an alleged businessman, Trump should be in favor of such a free market solution.

Edited by attrayant

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

The U.S. military was still heavily segregated. The air force and the marines had no African Americans enlisted in their ranks, and the navy only accepted black Americans as cooks and waiters. The army had only five African-American officers. In addition, no African-American would receive the Medal of Honor during the war, and their tasks in the war were largely reserved to noncombat units.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-ushistory/chapter/social-effects-of-the-war/

I am not interested, that has nothing to do with your statement and my reply, you missed the point that was in reply to your misguided point in your post.

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color......  https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

So said a black man who was (at the time) getting paid $2m? to play in a sport where over 70% of the players are black, and the average salary is $2M PA.  Mmmmmm.  Something is not quite right.  And I do mean not right.  

Meanwhile the American people are speaking in droves, attendance and viewership at NFL games is down and continuing to slide.  Sponsors of players and the NFL are starting to cancel their support. Also meanwhile, Nascar has told all drivers and teams that if they dont stand for the anthem and flag raising, they will be fired.  

And of course the MSM and liberals are complaining about what Trump said and his tweets, which is exactly what many Americans have said too. Trump didnt divide America to become the POTUS - he took the conservative patriotic side of the argument - and he won.  

6 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

If you think fans and sponsors are going to stop watching NFL over this , both you and your messiah Trump are gravely mistaken.

Indeed, fans usually tune in sometime around the 1st quarter.  Now, with Trump's foot-it-his-butt statements, fans will tune in from the first minutes, in order to see who is protesting, and how.  

Trump is the greatest thing to happen to NFL ratings since 'The Fridge' played for Chicago. I guess twice as many Americans are watching/attending now.  The 'Jobs President' was hoping to fire and/or put the NFL out of business (as he's tried to do with the NY Times and Wash.Post), but he has instead increased their popularity ten-fold.

If you want a mega-boost in popularity, get Trump to poop on you.  It works like a dream.

6 hours ago, amvet said:

What team does this guy play for?  The one who started it all.

Kappy.jpg

The San Francisco 49'ers.  For 25 yrs, I resided not far from SF, so I rooted for that team.  That was during the 'Montana-to-Rice years', .....wow, that was fun!

31 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

I am not interested, that has nothing to do with your statement and my reply, you missed the point that was in reply to your misguided point in your post.

You wrote, " You didn't allow that many blacks to play football in 1942. You put them all on the front line in blacks only regiments. "

I wrote, "The U.S. military was still heavily segregated. The air force and the marines had no African Americans enlisted in their ranks, and the navy only accepted black Americans as cooks and waiters. The army had only five African-American officers. In addition, no African-American would receive the Medal of Honor during the war, and their tasks in the war were largely reserved to noncombat units."

You were in error and I corrected you.  No more no less. 

22 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Indeed, fans usually tune in sometime around the 1st quarter.  Now, with Trump's foot-it-his-butt statements, fans will tune in from the first minutes, in order to see who is protesting, and how.  

Trump is the greatest thing to happen to NFL ratings since 'The Fridge' played for Chicago. I guess twice as many Americans are watching/attending now.  The 'Jobs President' was hoping to fire and/or put the NFL out of business (as he's tried to do with the NY Times and Wash.Post), but he has instead increased their popularity ten-fold.

If you want a mega-boost in popularity, get Trump to poop on you.  It works like a dream.

The San Francisco 49'ers.  For 25 yrs, I resided not far from SF, so I rooted for that team.  That was during the 'Montana-to-Rice years', .....wow, that was fun!

NBC 'Sunday Night Football' ratings lowest for Week 3 since 2006. 

The afternoon games also didn't fare well, with Fox's national game between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles down 16 percent

Steelers lineman Alejandro Villanueva was the only Steelers player to come out of the locker room before his team faced the Bears in Chicago. 

Villanueva served three tours in Afghanistan as an Army ranger. 

38 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color......  https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

So said a black man who was (at the time) getting paid $2m? to play in a sport where over 70% of the players are black, and the average salary is $2M PA.  Mmmmmm.  Something is not quite right.  And I do mean not right.  

Meanwhile the American people are speaking in droves, attendance and viewership at NFL games is down and continuing to slide.  Sponsors of players and the NFL are starting to cancel their support. Also meanwhile, Nascar has told all drivers and teams that if they dont stand for the anthem and flag raising, they will be fired.  

And of course the MSM and liberals are complaining about what Trump said and his tweets, which is exactly what many Americans have said too. Trump didnt divide America to become the POTUS - he took the conservative patriotic side of the argument - and he won.  

Some of these 'kneelers' are finding out that 'free speech' works both way.  You get to say what you want.  However, you have to listen to what you don't want.  :cheesy:

43 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

So the main issue here is because they are black Americans ?

28 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Meanwhile the American people are speaking in droves,

attendance and viewership at NFL games is down and continuing to slide.  

Sponsors of players and the NFL are starting to cancel their support.  

No surprise here. Nothing to see folks.

Just making stuff up. Lies as well.

Again.

NFL sponsors unconcerned about national anthem protests: Official

"The NFL’s top corporate sponsors haven’t expressed any concern about the unprecedented wave of player national anthem protests this weekend, a league spokesman said Monday."

"I haven’t heard of a single issue of a sponsor that is worried or has raised particular issue about the weekend,”

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told reporters during a conference call Monday."

“Nike supports athletes and their right to freedom of expression on issues that are of great importance to our society,”

the company said.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/09/25/nfl-sponsors-unconcerned-about-national-anthem-protests-official.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-25/nfl-s-top-sponsors-stay-quiet-after-trump-s-call-for-boycott

In a statement, CBS Sports said its overall NFL game coverage on Sunday increased by 4% from the same week in 2016."

http://time.com/4955913/trump-nfl-ratings-week-3/

And absolutely zero reports of "American people ... speaking in droves"

The NFL had been struggling with attendance before the inept one even opened his bloviating mouth.

Just Chicken Little blather and Parroting "Tweets" from the dear leader...