Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

Trump has successfully done several things with his ridiculously quixotic campaign:

>>>  diverted some attention away from Russia/Trump issues

>>>  has not devoted one word or one dollar to the 3+ million P.Ricans suffering. 

>>>  created deep racial divides 

>>>  convinced even his millionaire former fans (NFL team owners and others) that he's an imbecile.

>>>  Not one coach or team owner has done what Trump shouted at them to do.

>>>  Millions of Americans who weren't already turned off by Trump, are now turned off to him.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump has successfully done several things with his ridiculously quixotic campaign:

>>>  diverted some attention away from Russia/Trump issues

>>>  has not devoted one word or one dollar to the 3+ million P.Ricans suffering. 

>>>  created deep racial divides 

>>>  convinced even his millionaire former fans (NFL team owners and others) that he's an imbecile.

>>>  Not one coach or team owner has done what Trump shouted at them to do.

>>>  Millions of Americans who weren't already turned off by Trump, are now turned off to him.

I agree.  But, he's really good at one thing...pissing people off!

The inept dotard babbles incoherently once again:

Trump: 'I wasn't preoccupied with the NFL'

"President Donald Trump continued his rant against NFL players who take a knee during the national anthem

during his joint press conference with the Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, calling it an "important situation."

"I wasn’t preoccupied with the NFL" Trump said when asked if he should’ve been focused on offering assistance to Puerto Rico, which was devastated by Hurricane Maria."

"He added, "Was I preoccupied? Not at all. I have plenty of time on my hands. All I do is work."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-rule-stop-nfl-players-kneeling-anthem/story?id=50099270

"I have plenty of time on my hands. All I do is work."  :blink:

Hyundai

"We stand for and respect individuals freedoms to express their first amendment rights in any peaceful manner in which they choose."  "We also stand for inclusion, freedom and all that represents those values."

Nike

“Nike supports athletes and their right to freedom of expression on issues that are of great importance to our society.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-nfl-sponsors-reacting-trumps-national-anthem-crusade-223102060.html

Don't believe the divisive Chicken Littles on this thread attempting to spread disinformation. :thumbsup:

Anheuser-Busch InBev

"At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the institutions and values that have made America so strong." 

"That includes our armed forces and the national anthem as well as diversity, equality and freedom of speech."

14 minutes ago, iReason said:

Anheuser-Busch InBev

"At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the institutions and values that have made America so strong." 

"That includes our armed forces and the national anthem as well as diversity, equality and freedom of speech."

Do you have any idea how much beer is bought and sold on military bases?  They will do anything to not lose those contracts.

If Trump runs out of things to bash and divert bigger things on... here is another thing he can tweet since the health bill just failed again 

America Flag Toilet Paper

https://www.amazon.com/America-Flag-Toilet-Paper-Pattern/dp/B00Q4IIF22/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I think this kneeling issue is getting out of hand, both sides are at fault and the president should not add fuel tot he fire, dividing the nation even further.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

The NFL has rules about showboating after scoring. That's a rule about the game. I didn't know that the standing for the National Anthem was part of football. I guess you learn something every day.

ANd Tim Tebow was chastised? Was that officially chastised? Is there such a thing as being officially chastised? Did the President of the United States start tweeting angrily about Tim Tebow praying? I must have missed that one.

You are really reaching.

I don't see where praying before the start of a game is showboating.   

2 hours ago, habanero said:

I'm calling BS on this one.. I was assigned as a civilian mitigate for the U.S. Army at a

base in Texas.  You really don't want to go there unless you have all your ducks in a row.

Eligibility Information

If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving -- you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!

*AUGUST 2, 1990 TO TODAY (PERSIAN GULF/ WAR ON TERRORISM)
DECEMBER 20, 1989 TO JANUARY 31, 1990 (OPERATION JUST CAUSE - PANAMA)
AUGUST 24, 1982 TO JULY 31, 1984 (LEBANON/GRENADA)
FEBRUARY 28, 1961 TO MAY 7, 1975 (VIETNAM)
JUNE 25, 1950 TO JANUARY 31, 1955 (KOREA)
DECEMBER 7, 1941 TO DECEMBER 31, 1946 (WORLD WAR II)
APRIL 6, 1917 TO NOVEMBER 11, 1918 (WORLD WAR I)

*Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.

U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).

You are free to call my post anything you feel like.  I was there in Okinawa (1st SF Group) in late '65, after serving a 6 month TDY tour in 'Nam, and the American Legion denied membership to me. 

I have no idea when that eligibility criteria you show was established.

Further, I have no idea what a "civilian mitigate" is. BTW, where do I not want to go? Is it more dangerous that the Central Highlands was?

Pat Tillman's Widow Pushes Back On Trump NFL Tweet

"As a football player and soldier, Pat inspired countless Americans to unify," Marie Tillman wrote in a statement to CNN."

"Pat's service, along with that of every man and woman's service, should never be politicized in a way that divides us."

"The very action of self-expression and the freedom to speak from one's heart — no matter those views —

is what Pat and so many other Americans have given their lives for," Marie Tillman said."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/26/553712302/pat-tillmans-widow-pushes-back-on-trump-nfl-tweet

Pat Tillman's widow asks Trump not to politicize her husband's service

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/26/us/pat-tillman-widow-reacts-trump-national-anthem/index.html

The dotard. The Great Divider.

4 minutes ago, mike324 said:

You must be happy the house has the power and your attitude is no different form Trump, intimidate because people don't agree with you. Disgusting.

I do think that the subsidies are too high, but there has been no research proving the positive or negative effects of these subsidies. This should be looked into further.

It's pretty clear that subsidies are a very bad idea, particularly in the case of a football stadium where there are 8  guaranteed home games per year. That's slightly more than one week.

7 minutes ago, klikster said:

You are free to call my post anything you feel like.  I was there in Okinawa (1st SF Group) in late '65, after serving a 6 month TDY tour in 'Nam, and the American Legion denied membership to me. 

I have no idea when that eligibility criteria you show was established.

Further, I have no idea what a "civilian mitigate" is. BTW, where do I not want to go? Is it more dangerous that the Central Highlands was?

To be in Vietnam in 1961, you would have had to be in what is now the Special Forces. (Green Berets as they are called now.)There were 400 assigned to the area under the guidance of the CIA. You would have had to be in an advisory position only. If you had proof of that, I can see no reason for you to be denied. 

For your second point. A Mitigate does analysis on possible civilian casualties in a time of confick and makes recommendations on how to minimize them.

Believe me, they are working overtime with this NK situation.

2 minutes ago, habanero said:

To be in Vietnam in 1961, you would have had to be in what is now the Special Forces. (Green Berets as they are called now.)There were 400 assigned to the area under the guidance of the CIA. You would have had to be in an advisory position only. If you had proof of that, I can see no reason for you to be denied. 

And what does that have to do with what klikster who was there in 1965?

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Not the original.

NFL is winning in fight against President Trump

"When Donald Trump veered off on one of his venomous tangents in a speech in Alabama Friday night, calling an African American athlete exercising his First Amendment rights a “son of a bitch,” he almost certainly never would have envisioned the picture that would lead the national news 72 hours later : With your divisive rhetoric, you’ve united NFL owners and players."

"Trump can spin this any which way he wants as he whiles away the hours on Twitter, but this time he has met his match."

"He has picked on people who have a megaphone as large as he does; He has gone after athletes with massive Twitter followings, with microphones in their faces and with devoted fans from red states as well as blue."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/09/26/nfl-winning-fight-against-president-trump/704383001/

Just now, habanero said:

For your second point. A Mitigate does analysis on possible civilian casualties in a time of confick and makes recommendations on how to minimize them.

Believe me, they are working overtime with this NK situation.

I was not in Vietnam in '61 .. never claimed I was.  Please learn to read.  I was there from late '64 to mid '65. 

Yes, SF then  and SF now.  The CIA had nothing to do with our camp at Plei Me. Yes they called us advisors .. in camp they called me "Doc".

I am a life member of the VFW (Udorn Post) as well as a life member of the SF Association (Bangkok).

Now, you can take your 'xpert' opinion about my previous post and insert it where the sun never shines.

NFL opts not to react to Trump's anthem kneel 'rule' tweet

"No matter what challenges his administration faces, President Donald Trump is keeping up his running commentary on the NFL — tweeting Tuesday about the football league's TV ratings and suggesting it bar players from kneeling during the national anthem."

"The NFL, for its part, was not all that eager to continue the back-and-forth with Trump."

"He's exercising his freedom to speak," league spokesman Joe Lockhart said on a conference call with reporters,

"and I'm exercising my freedom not to react."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/trump-begins-morning-slamming-nfl-50097172

Well done. Just ignore the babbling inept one. :thumbsup:

The dotard has now brought up the subject for the fifth day in a row.

Let him keep barking in the wind...

2 minutes ago, klikster said:

I was not in Vietnam in '61 .. never claimed I was.  Please learn to read.  I was there from late '64 to mid '65. 

Yes, SF then  and SF now.  The CIA had nothing to do with our camp at Plei Me. Yes they called us advisors .. in camp they called me "Doc".

I am a life member of the VFW (Udorn Post) as well as a life member of the SF Association (Bangkok).

Now, you can take your 'xpert' opinion about my previous post and insert it where the sun never shines.

Your right I just went back and checked it. I apologize. I misread the date.  Either way, I cannot see why you would have been denied membership.  

1 minute ago, habanero said:

Your right I just went back and checked it. I apologize. I misread the date.  Either way, I cannot see why you would have been denied membership.  

Bye the way. My husband is also Life Time member of the VFW and the American Legion.  

NFL 'ghosts' Twitter-trolling Trump

"The ratings for Monday's Cowboys-Cardinals game were up 63 per cent from the equivalent game a year ago, which went up against a presidential debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton."

"The ratings for Week 3 of the NFL season were 3 per cent higher than the same week last season."

"Whatever you think about what has happened over the last four or five days, people are more aware of these issues than they were Friday at 9 o'clock, It's our job at every level of the league to make sure that we use this for good, Lockhart said."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/nfl-trump-twitter-decline-to-respond-1.4308354

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

NFL 'ghosts' Twitter-trolling Trump

"The ratings for Monday's Cowboys-Cardinals game were up 63 per cent from the equivalent game a year ago,

which went up against a presidential debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton."

"The ratings for Week 3 of the NFL season were 3 per cent higher than the same week last season."

"Whatever you think about what has happened over the last four or five days,

people are more aware of these issues than they were Friday at 9 o'clock, It's our job at every level of the league to make sure that we use this for good, Lockhart said."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/nfl-trump-twitter-decline-to-respond-1.4308354

This is normal, some folks are curious and want to see what will happen.

Is this the calm before the storm?

4 hours ago, habanero said:

There was no Air Force until 1947

Army Air Force was created in June 1941 during the Second World War was over 2.4 million men and women in service and nearly 80,000 aircraft by 1944, and 783 domestic bases in December 1943.