Credibility of Thai justice system tested by probe of officials abetting Yingluck’s escape

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

They also firmly believe in reincarnation.

Me too and your point is?  or are you just trashing half the world?  apart from your love of Prayut what do YOU  "firmly believe in"?  maybe a guy who died 2000 years ago and walked on water?  or???   

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Me too and your point is?  or are you just trashing half the world?  apart from your love of Prayut what do YOU  "firmly believe in"?  maybe a guy who died 2000 years ago and walked on water?  or???   

The point is that belief doesn't make anything true. I don't love Prayuth, at times I find him cringe-worthy, but I find him far more acceptable than the criminal conspiracy he replaced.

I don't subscribe to myth or anything else that doesn't stand up to scientific method scrutiny, which includes most of your posts.

Edited by halloween

1 hour ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Another ill informed article. As there was no warrant out for her arrest the people that helped her leave the counry (if she have done so) have broken no law. Read the opinion piece in Bkk post about this. As for the approval of the junta for her leaving is another matter. But then again why spend so much energy on this trivial issue when we are faced with a junta imposed political system that have little or no support. 

"the people that helped her leave the counry (if she have done so) have broken no law."

Unless they could be charged with conspiracy - conspiring to aid someone to break bail, contempt of court. No idea what the actual Thai laws are on this but from past cases, they can be very very creative!

Just now, halloween said:

The point is that belief doesn't make anything true. I don't love Prayuth, at times I find him cringe-worthy, but I find him far more acceptable than the criminal conspiracy he replaced.

I don't subscribe to myth or anything else that doesn't stand up to scientific method scrutiny, which includes most of your posts.

Well at least you 'can be' funny.  Not that it helps your 'non-arguments' on behalf of the Military Junta.

Not sure the worlds Buddhists and Hindus would appreciate your terming their beliefs as "Myths"  very dismissive dear Halloween!   :w00t:

This pretend investigation is probably a farce designed to distract people from other nefarious stuff going on. 

Regarding credibility of Thai justice system.....two words: Red Bull. He didn't even have to flee, he was allowed to hold his passport and move around the world ignoring court summons without even an arrest warrant.

Thai justice and credibility in one sentence....? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Lets see;

- Bangkok 2010,

Young Hiso age 16, no driving licence, ploughs into minivan sending it over the edge of expressway, killing nine people - Given suspended sentence, oh and a bit of community service....

- Koh Tao (insert any of several murders, deaths or disappearances here........) Credible justice served? - you decide....?

- Red Bull 'Boss' debacle - embarrassing on world wide stage, credible justice served....? Not yet anyroad lol

- Yingluck's great escape (a'hem) ditto above, same basic arrangements agreed and probably same outcome ultimately, credible justice ahhh...

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Did you miss the bit that explains this post is about Yingluck doing a runner? Just like her big brother. Tends to make comments about Thaksin somewhat relevant.

The post of hansl or this thread? If you mean this thread then I disagree - it's about the Thai justice system (or lack thereof).

1 minute ago, Becker said:

The post of hansl or this thread? If you mean this thread then I disagree - it's about the Thai justice system (or lack thereof).

It's about the credibility, or lack of, of the Thai Justice system, in specific relation to the context of how the investigation and actions concerning the Yingluck absconding case progress.

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I wonder what they will be charged with, as she wasnt (yet) convicted of anything.

Or will it be a 100 Baht Fine?

I'm sure there could be some creative administrative (but not criminal) charges:

• Improper use of government property (police cars transporting a civilian for personal use)
  • Inappropriate use of time if on duty, especially if wearing a police uniform
  • Failure to notify command of travel plans out of district
  • Failure to initially disclose out of district travel to command
  • Operating an unlicensed taxi service if compensation was received by passenger

As the RTP falls under the authority of the NCPO, Chief Prayut will ultimately decide any punishment that falls outside civil service regulations. That typically has been reassignment to an inactive station - with pay.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Credibility of Thai justice system tested by probe of officials abetting Yingluck’s escape

By THE NATION

078e0162ec0777078fb67f3c37cc778c.jpg

File photo

OK, you lot, when you're ready . . . When I say 'now', that guy's going to take a picture of me pointing at the possible escape car. That's what credible investigators do . . . I think.

Edited by Ossy
grammar

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that "Credibility" is last on the minds of people who's 

really doesn't know or care for it, as money is king in this country

everything else is not really important or matter much....

What we seem to forget here is the old saying.

"He, or she or they, that pays the piper calls the tune"

true today in all countries.

However the theatre is quite good to watch in LOS.

What I find incredible is the amount of Thai people and some posters who would

like to see Thaksin or his family get back into power, no matter how they were when

they were running the government.  This coup was not the first and maybe it was

more needed than anyone imagined. 

Geezer

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

maybe it was more needed than anyone imagined. 

It certainly was from the perspective of the military.

With only two months before the next endorsed election in July 2014, failure of Suthep and Prayut to intimidate the PTP caretaker government into retirement and expectation of another PTP elected government, only extreme unconstitutional action could stop the PTP. Thus, the rise of the "I can do whatever" leader in May 2014 who now wields more power than anyone imagined.