Thai woman wanted white skin and big breasts - pays with her life on the eve of her 35th birthday

webfact

Thai woman wanted white skin and big breasts - pays with her life on the eve of her 35th birthday

6p.jpg

Picture: Kapook

A Thai woman from Prae died after taking supplements sold online that were advertised as a way to get white skin and enhance breast size.

But she developed kidney disease and died in her own bathroom before help could reach her.

Relatives who had arranged her 35th birthday party celebration on Friday were concerned when she didn't show.

On Sunday they took her cake to present to her at her funeral, reported Kapook.

Wijitra Jantaphrom or Waew started taking the "herbal" supplements in capsules some months ago and initial results looked promising as her complexion improved.

She even recommended the capsules she found out about and ordered on Facebook to her friends.

But soon the mother of one, who was a furniture factory worker in the northern Thai province, suffered a swelling of the face. She went to hospital and passed out on the way and was diagnosed with kidney disease from taking the pills.

She was sent home and then things got worse. She passed out at home and this time there was no one around to help her and she died alone in her bathroom last week.

Kamchanok Kongkoi, 26, a relative, said she did not turn up to a planned birthday party on Friday.

Tragically they took her birthday cake to present to her corpse at the funeral at Wat Ton Khrai in Prae on Sunday.

Pharmacists told Kapook that this tragic case highlighted the problem of dangerous substances being sold online to people who wanted an answer to having lighter skin color and a better body shape.

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-25
  • Sad 3

Tragic, so very tragic, a woman in her prime taken away because of this stupid thing Thai women have about getting whiter skin.

What i cannot understand is why so many women belieive all this rubbish posted on social media about  how wonderful  these pills are, how they can make you look the way you want, how they can make your skin whiter, make youi look younger, when 99% of these things are just conning people, not tried /tested or even safe.

• Like 2

There's a lot money to be made and a big industry mostly underground that results in lot of disfiguring and scared for like in the pursuit of the " perfect look",

Alas, while very few succeed, many pays with tier health and lives for it....

I have so much to say about this subject.

1. Do not complain against nanny states back home that have regulations.

2. Some people are generally not smart. They need the government to tell them what's good for you and what's not.

3. Facebook should be held responsible about the marketplace. They should ban users who sell supplements. If you actually buy something from a 3rd party seller on Amazon on ebay they have to be approved to sell supplements and supply invoices from distributors and documents from FDA and other relevant parties to be able to sell. 

I am waiting for a day when some lawyer will take a class action suit against FB that will bring it to its knees. It's a very dirty company that has broken many US laws.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Like 1

At least they got those dangerous E-Cigs banned /rolleyes

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

1. Do not complain against nanny states back home that have regulations.

iirc supplements are also mostly unregulated in our countries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Thai women believe it because that is what they're taught in schools. To see a black Thai lady with whitener on is truly scary. I hate my wife using it, but she doesn't listen.

Here is a poster from a Thai school.

images (34).jpg

Well he is black, isn't he, therefore ugly?

No PC in Thailand. 

I nearly died from taking valid medication for my Diabete's ... it also stuffed up my kidney's ... I now live in one kidney and I'm still alive, thanks to the staff of the Queen Sirikit Hospital in Khon Kaen ... so beware, it doesn't have to be a badly made drug/medicine to stuff your system up .... I now inject Insulin over the dry tablets

One has to accept God's creation and not to go against it.

We should be grateful with what we have as well.

I never accept or agree with any so called herbal medicine etc unless recommended by my GP.

A Thai friend of mine ended up with  cancer after taking tons of the so called herbal pills.She always ask me to shower after smoking outside in the garden fearing the smoke will give her cancer.

I hope these pills get investigated and stopped if possible.?

They should look at the photos of the woman who wants to look like Barbie and the man who wants to look like Ken, Barbies male friend.  Both have undergone many plastic surgery procedures to look like these dolls.  The woman even had ribs removed in order to have a smaller waist.  Another obsession that Thai females often suffer from.  The man just reported that when older he may undergo a sex change so that he does not look "droopy or a have a saggy face" but will continue with his expensive obsession to maintain his obtained results.

The <deleted> hospital staff should be taken out back and flogged.

To see someone in failure and likely to die, a competent staff would have addmitted her on the spot. The Hippocratic oath (as honored throughout the same world) aparently is flat ignored here. It says...first do no harm....they knew better, knew she needed immediate care, they tasitly murdered her. 

• Thanks 1

Although the translation from Thai when discussing this topic is 'beautiful', the underlying reason for this obsession is 'status'. Fair skin allows you entry to a higher social status and all the benefits that brings whilst dark skin means you are barred. The most obvious manifestation of this is the choice of partner for a woman. A dark skinned woman is seen as a less desirable wife/mother. So in the end it comes down to competition for power and resources , the typical fundamental motivating factor dringing much behaviour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I wonder what ingredient in the pill caused kidney failure

What ingredients in the pill can cause 'white' skin without huge health hazards? I wonder when this mentality of attributing beauty to skin whiteness will end.