"Foreign" girl, 13, says she was sold to a karaoke lounge in Bangkok

webfact

"Foreign" girl, 13, says she was sold to a karaoke lounge in Bangkok

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A story was posted on Facebook after a 13 year old girl ran out of a karaoke lounge in tears claiming she had been sold.

Fortunately she ran into the arms of a kind taxi driver who took her off to his family to ask them what he should do.

Everyone agreed that she should be taken to the police station.

The girl said she had run away from home in Chacherngsao and thought she was going to a restaurant in Bangkok. But she ended up at a karaoke lounge that are usually fronts for sexual activity.

The girl, aged about 13, was thought to be foreign, reported Sanook.

Lat Prao police are investigating.

The story was posted on the page of "Piyakamon Bunthabong".

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-26

Disturbing story if correct. I hope the individuals selling and buying are identified and jailed promptly. When I came to Thailand I heard about sick foreigners preying on kids, but living here has shown the locals have way more to answer for. This sort of thing really needs to be stamped out across the board.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Well if it was her family who sold her. She has little chance of going back.

In the OP it said the girl was a runaway.... so she runway from her family and hoped to get a job in BKK. This was just not the job she had in mind.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Disturbing story if correct. I hope the individuals selling and buying are identified and jailed promptly. When I came to Thailand I heard about sick foreigners preying on kids, but living here has shown the locals have way more to answer for. This sort of thing really needs to be stamped out across the board.

Example: 10 years back I put my house in Pattaya on the market with an add in the local Pattaya mail and photos etc., on boards at supermarkets.

An older brit turned up and said immediately 'I'm not interested in buying a house, I just follow up names I've never had contact with before to see if guys know any sources of 12 year old virgins'.

He was dispatched very quickly.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I shudder to think how much of this goes on completely out of the sight of tourists and aggressive NGOs even, because it's entirely a thing amongst locals.  The only foreigners who'll be exposed to it are ones seriously pursuing children and involved by locals they somehow find to invite them.   It's one of the uglier aspects of the culture that isn't going to be easy to "stamp out".

3 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

I shudder to think how much of this goes on completely out of the sight of tourists and aggressive NGOs even, because it's entirely a thing amongst locals.  The only foreigners who'll be exposed to it are ones seriously pursuing children and involved by locals they somehow find to invite them.   It's one of the uglier aspects of the culture that isn't going to be easy to "stamp out".

Why do you say seriously pursuing children.  I have lived in several villages and had their daughters offered to me often enough.  I politely refused with a smile and went my own way.  I've got 3 kids of my own so I can tell you that I am not a rock spider.

Why does every falang have to be a pedo or pervert to you people?

There are most probably more good guys in Thailand than bad.

12 minutes ago, car720 said:

Why do you say seriously pursuing children.  I have lived in several villages and had their daughters offered to me often enough.  I politely refused with a smile and went my own way.  I've got 3 kids of my own so I can tell you that I am not a rock spider.

Why does every falang have to be a pedo or pervert to you people?

There are most probably more good guys in Thailand than bad.

"Why does every falang have to be a pedo or pervert to you people?"

So who said "every falang..."?  I was actually saying just the opposite!  What on earth are you drinking?   (whatever it is, it's not doing much for your reading comprehension)

I actually believe very few farangs pursue children, and while I'm a bit surprised at your claim that resident expats are frequently and easily invited into all that, I still think it's a rare thing for tourists except those ***FEW***  (<<<<<see:  I said FEW.   Get it??)   going out of their way to find that.   Your claim that expats get exposed to it, which I'm not contradicting BTW, only substantiates what I'm saying about how deeply embedded it is in the culture and NOT going to be easily eradicated.

Edited by hawker9000

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yes, indeed, if you may believe the do-gooders in the Western world, it is solely a foreigner problem.

Fact is, it is a local thing, here and there "available" for westerners, but mostly "locals only".

And I am afraid stamping the foreign thing out might eventually be possible, but I doubt the local business is rather impossible to even make a dent in the total.

Most likely from across the Mekong as I was served food and drinks by very young girls a year ago as I was a guest on a Mekong cruise boat.I was intrigued by the 2 girls age.I asked them and my Thai Dentist friend translated  that they were 13&14.

Luckily they were in a clean environment. ?

20 hours ago, Get Real said:

Another good taxi driver. Right decision to go to the police. Now it´s just to see what they do. There is the problem as always.

By the way. Watch out Uber! Taxi is collecting points. :cheesy:

Although he refused to use the meter?

• 3 weeks later...