Pattaya mayor upbeat as improvements to Bali Hai port expected to be ready on time for show

webfact

Pattaya mayor upbeat as improvements to Bali Hai port expected to be ready on time for show

21768391_1663202900367304_2667890872352123213_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Pattaya Mayor Anan Charoenchasri was all smiles yesterday as he announced that landscaping and building for the marine park and other infrastructure at Bali Hai in South Pattaya was on schedule.

Despite a few delays due to the weather the whole 800 million baht project is expected to be completed by the end of October.

An international boat show to commemorate the 50th anniversary of ASEAN is due to be held from 13 to 22 November, reported Sophon Cable TV on Facebook.

21766364_1663202973700630_1721827395851114163_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Almost 200 million baht has been spent on landscaping on 10 rai (about four acres) and other improvements to existing infrastructure while the rest of the budget is being used for new building work at the port.

Anan said that 70% of the work is now completed and that despite delays caused by the weather which were entirely understandable the project would be completed on time.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-27

If not for the Fleet "SHOW", we'd still be reading about this rennovation 4 or 5 years from now.

Pattaya is never one to disappoint though, we'll just get to read about how it's falling apart (again) in 18 months.

I recall about a year after Bali Hai opened...It was falling apart & some guy got electrocuted out there on the pier.

Coincidentally I took this picture this morning from the Pattaya City sign because I wanted to ask what people think is the purpose of all this painting on the concrete in various shades of blue?

It shouldn't be hard to learn that in this harsh tropical sun paintwork on concrete fades extremely quickly. You can see this clearly on Beach Road where they painted red and white stripes on the pedestrian crossings. the same with the bus stops. When they first painted them they stood out but now they are quickly fading away.

The other question is whatever use is proposed for this area as usual in Pattaya there is no shade whatsoever.

Why couldn't they have turned this area into a smooth grassed park with mature trees for shade cover?this could have compensated for the loss of the park after they built that hideous monstrosity of a car park.

bali.jpg

25 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

Coincidentally I took this picture this morning from the Pattaya City sign because I wanted to ask what people think is the purpose of all this painting on the concrete in various shades of blue?

It shouldn't be hard to learn that in this harsh tropical sun paintwork on concrete fades extremely quickly. You can see this clearly on Beach Road where they painted red and white stripes on the pedestrian crossings. the same with the bus stops. When they first painted them they stood out but now they are quickly fading away.

The other question is whatever use is proposed for this area as usual in Pattaya there is no shade whatsoever.

Why couldn't they have turned this area into a smooth grassed park with mature trees for shade cover?this could have compensated for the loss of the park after they built that hideous monstrosity of a car park.

bali.jpg

Maybe the blue is the bottom  of an outdoor swimming pool? I fear it will be a congrete treeless park.

Crickey they even removed the lasy remaining grass around the clock tower and it looks like round seating (that they removed everywhere else) have made a comeback but no trees not even a palm tree maybe they ran out....those seats will be very hot !

43 minutes ago, johng said:

Crickey they even removed the lasy remaining grass around the clock tower and it looks like round seating (that they removed everywhere else) have made a comeback but no trees not even a palm tree maybe they ran out....those seats will be very hot !

I can't believe they would be that shortsighted as to not plant any trees at all! I assumed that the holes in the middle of that round seating  will accommodate even more palm trees probably( yawn ).and then there are even more fronting the beach. So I just imagine that's where people will congregate for a bit of shade.

But even so no imagination and no consideration for how the space could have been used with a much more enjoyable theme than just even more concrete.

Bali Hai park was a great, peaceful place to go late at night as the bars were closing. The 7/11 supplied the snacks and drinks. A lady rented mats to sit on. A cool breeze came off the bay. There were a few food carts - one of which always had some music playing. Often there was some dancing but always good sanook with friends. Some of my best memories are about this park.

MLNA0010.JPG

19 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

bali.jpg

As long as the paint job last till the end of November its all good....Every one must know that paint job is going to look like absolute crap within 6 months time don't they?

17 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

I can't believe they would be that shortsighted as to not plant any trees at all! I assumed that the holes in the middle of that round seating  will accommodate even more palm trees probably( yawn ).and then there are even more fronting the beach. So I just imagine that's where people will congregate for a bit of shade.

But even so no imagination and no consideration for how the space could have been used with a much more enjoyable theme than just even more concrete.

Did not the mayor made a big announcement a while back how they were going to be planting a lot of trees and turn Bali Hi into a park?

''Look honey see all that concrete beautiful isn't it''    

Edited by fforest1

On 9/28/2017 at 10:40 PM, fforest1 said:

Despite a few delays due to the weather the whole 800 million baht project is expected to be completed by the end of October....

24 million dollars has been spent on the Bali Hi upgrade?

Is this even possible?

Money hasn't all been spent on upgrade of Bali pier, but upgrades in other areas aka "extra managerial fees and charges" might be the answer

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Money hasn't all been spent on upgrade of Bali pier, but upgrades in other areas aka "extra managerial fees and charges" might be the answer

1 or 2 or 3 million dollars I believe...Hell I am feeling

generous today so I will throw in another million...

That leaves about a 20 million dollar question mark...

Edited by fforest1