Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

1 minute ago, Nickymaster said:

Great news! I normally don't drink alcohol but tonight I am going to have a beer. Finally Thailand got rid of those corrupt Shins. They have stolen billions and on top of it mismanaged this beautiful country. Let's hope Oakie is next.

If only you were right!

They are lurking, like a bad smell lingers, just waiting for any opportunity to get back in control. That trough is just too big and bountiful!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Her "alleged" negligence is just negligence now that she has been convicted !!

That's the last we'll see of her now... New beginnings :)

the last yes. . . . more or less permanent exile. For someone Thai, that's more serious than you would think. Personally I know a lot of people who would rather be in Thailand, especially if all your family live there. Dubai? For keeps? Yuck. Oh NO. 

Soon her niece will take over the PM seat after next election and contribute more Thai money to the Shinawatra famely fortune ...

Then later the niece will follow the famely  footsteps and join 1 big happy famely in Dubai 

sponsered by the ignorent Thai people..... RIP

Edited by Muggi1968

Thailand civil war check list:

Limited access to 7/11, Big C, Tesco Lotus and fuel due to supply chain disruptions.

No YouTube. Facebook. LINE. Limited internet.

Dramatic decrease in tourists as Thailand is declared a war zone.

Baht corrects 30%

Marshall law.

Chiang Mai Airport burned.

Bangkok airports burned.

DMZ set up south of Korat.

Complete shut down of all domestic press.

Red shirt check points on highways outside Bangkok.

Firefights in Bangkok.

Rice production stopped.

Some Thai banks become insolvent.

CNN/BBC and world media report daily with updates of urban warfare in Thailand.

Or nothing will happen and everybody will just get drunk. :cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A

1 hour ago, tomwct said:

Now she and her brother will never return to Thailand.

hmm - that is rather contingent upon the junta and its backers retaining power indefinitely,  something which may just not be as certain as you obviously hope.

42 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So why did they accept the request, and act on, the notice for Red Bull boy?

Unlike you, they don't believe all the Shin BS and PR crap!

"Oh, woe is us, all so innocent; it's all political. We're just poor billionaires" 

There is a slight difference. The Red Bull heir killed a policeman, whilst alleged to be drunk and high.

Yingluck (and indeed Thaksin) regardless of their wealth are politicians, ousted by a coup whilst standing for re-election as the then constitutions allowed and required. They have subsequently been convicted in legal processes which by even the most generous of considerations are hardly immune from the influence of the coup makers, and in Yingluck's case the military junta installed by the coup, during an election process, which continues to govern. No amount of pedantry as to the exact process which ousted them, or sardonic yawns at the fact that they were legitimately elected, (unlike the present incumbents), will alter the fact that Interpol and just about every other agency as far down the food chain as the Hemel Hempstead Model Railway Society will ignore any requests for their extradition, or sanctions against them.

Edited by JAG

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Two years more than her brother got! I somehow doubt either of them will ever serve a single day of it though, regardless of how much bullshit we are going to hear about asking Interpol to bring them back.

I have no interest in this as such, but you dont have to be too intelligent to work out that this fits the old English saying, Just what the doctor ordered

In other words it will do nicely wherever they are to keep them there, what happens in the future if there is a change of regime who knows

9 minutes ago, 007cableguy said:

I bet the guy is not happy who received something like a 40 year jail sentence and hers was only 5 years!!!

Under Thai law, when two thieves rob a store the one nearest to the cash register gets the big jail term.

33 minutes ago, JAG said:

There is a slight difference. The Red Bull heir killed a policeman, whilst alleged to be drunk and high.

Yingluck (and indeed Thaksin) regardless of their wealth are politicians, ousted by a coup whilst standing for re-election as the then constitutions allowed and required. They have subsequently been convicted in legal processes which by even the most generous of considerations are hardly immune from the influence of the coup makers, and in Yingluck's case the military junta installed by the coup, during an election process, which continues to govern. No amount of pedantry as to the exact process which ousted them, or sardonic yawns at the fact that they were legitimately elected, (unlike the present incumbents), will alter the fact that Interpol and just about every other agency as far down the food chain as the Hemel Hempstead Model Railway Society will ignore any requests for their extradition, or sanctions against them.

Combined Thalksin and yingluck killed thousands of Thais.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

If you think the vast majority of Thais do not see through this sham then you are deluded. Whether this translates into action I have no idea but Thais will never forget what an unelected Junta IS and what it is FOR.

And how does that relate to 26 October?

Yingluck sentenced to five years

By The Nation

e15d5874786f9e2cc221a59fd7c86e6c-sld.jpeg

File photo: Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled unanimously to sentence fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to five years in prison.

The fugitive politician was convicted of negligence in preventing corruption and irregularities in her government’s rice-pledging scheme prior to the 2014 coup.

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders ruled that Yingluck had acknowledged the illegality of government-to-government rice deals but refused to cancel a contract with a Chinese state enterprise.

The court ruled that the deal involved ill-gotten gains and the dishonest discharge of official duties.

“The defendant was found guilty of the alleged offences under Section 157 of the Criminal Code and Section 123/1 of the Organic Act on Counter Corruption 1999 and was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment,” a statement from the court read.

The court will issue another arrest warrant against Yingluck, after an initial warrant was issued when she failed to appear before the court on August 25, when the verdict was originally scheduled to be read.

The nine-judge panel started reading the verdict at 11.15am and finished at 3pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327843

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-27

43 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

so reconciliation is off the cards then

It was never on the cards. It's just a power struggle between different factions. It was never the intention of the junta to fix anything as is apparent after more than three years of military rule.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled unanimously to sentence fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to five years in prison.

Here, let me correct you:

The military junta on Wednesday ruled unanimously to sentence fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to five years in prison.

19 minutes ago, Becker said:

It was never on the cards. It's just a power struggle between different factions. It was never the intention of the junta to fix anything as is apparent after more than three years of military rule.

But what does reconciliation mean?

I've asked you and others several times before but never ever one answer.

So please share your version of what reconciliation means; the process and what would the expected tangible result be.

And please don't suggest forgiveness or amnesty, which IMHO would in this country, just encourage more corruption, cronyism, violence etc., in fact achieve no progress whatever.

My version of reconciliation is everybody more knowledgeable about the law and respecting the law,  much more understanding of how civil society and democracy works, massive reform of the RTP,  the military, the judiciary, education, and all forms of beaurocracy, rebuilt checks and balances with much more public participation, and everybody respecting each other regardless of political flavor, etc., etc.  

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Her "alleged" negligence is just negligence now that she has been convicted !!

That's the last we'll see of her now... New beginnings :)

What new beginnings? Military in power for the foreseeable future and still pulling the strings if there's ever an election. New beginnings my rear end.

Just now, Becker said:

Yinluck gave Ch-o-ch a free hand.

She trusted him.

What I'm preturbed about is this; there and literally hundreds of pics of them together. Well,,, so what!!?? I've seen a couple where, walking behind, he was glaring at her backside. Is it possible that he made a play for her and got rejected? Might explain his sudden obsession of destoying her. 

These pics were some 6 months before the Junta takeover. If I get the pics I'll post them up.

Edited by owl sees all