Looking for referral for orthoscopic knee surgery

seesip

Dr Chanagan did a fine job on my knee a couple years ago.  He has hours at Rajawet Hospital immediately across the street from the Holiday Inn.  He also has a private clinic on the opposite side of the river; his hours are shown in the photo.  I (and others, I'm sure) highly recommend him.

Doctor knee elbow bone hours.JPG

Edited by MrBrad
Add doctor's name.

19 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

Dr Chanagan did a fine job on my knee a couple years ago.  He has hours at Rajawet Hospital immediately across the street from the Holiday Inn.  He also has a private clinic on the opposite side of the river; his hours are shown in the photo.  I (and others, I'm sure) highly recommend him.

Doctor knee elbow bone hours.JPG

Heard only great things about him.....Seeing him next week & guessing it'll be a new hip.....

I've had the MRI done to take with me.....

The correct spelling of the doctors name is Chanakarn Phornphutkul M.D.

When you go to Rajavej to see him and ask for a queue card for his clinic, be sure you study the tones of the pronunciation of his name, otherwise nobody - absolutely nobody will know who you are talking about - even if you say Orthopedics. Trust me, they won't have a clue. Ask a Thai friend/wife to help you with the pronunciation!

BTW he is a great guy and a great surgeon, very caring and friendly and generous with his time at consultations, and he will not try and sell you unnecessary treatment.

Hey ‘seesop’

I’ve just had orthoscopic shoulder surgery, around 2 weeks ago.

I posted my experience in the General section of this forum under the title; ‘My Recent Experience….. May Save You Money!’

Chang Phuak Hospital, 1/7 Soi 2, Changphuak Rd. It’s near ‘Ram hospital’…… First point of contact, ‘Blue’ building 12th floor. Right side of hospital complex, as looking from main road. To make an appointment at this hospital, T; 05394 6826

The surgeon’s name is Prof.Chanakarn, nice guy, speaks very good English.

Good luck.

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

So it's safe to say that Dr. Chanakarn probably performs surgery in more hospitals than any other surgeon here. I believe he operates in Bangkok too.

He just came back from Malaysia....Busy guy....

37 minutes ago, elektrified said:

So it's safe to say that Dr. Chanakarn probably performs surgery in more hospitals than any other surgeon here. I believe he operates in Bangkok too.

Yer, I have spoken to him a few times and for sure he is a busy guy, I'm not sure just how busy he is right now, as he himself had orthoscopic knee surgery about 10 days ago.

He has a good reputation and I have no complaints so far from my surgery. 

1 hour ago, Tonto21 said:

Yer, I have spoken to him a few times and for sure he is a busy guy, I'm not sure just how busy he is right now, as he himself had orthoscopic knee surgery about 10 days ago.

Another great Doctor to talk to would be the one that did Dr C's surgery.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:14 AM, elektrified said:

The correct spelling of the doctors name is Chanakarn Phornphutkul M.D.

When you go to Rajavej to see him and ask for a queue card for his clinic, be sure you study the tones of the pronunciation of his name, otherwise nobody - absolutely nobody will know who you are talking about - even if you say Orthopedics. Trust me, they won't have a clue. Ask a Thai friend/wife to help you with the pronunciation!

BTW he is a great guy and a great surgeon, very caring and friendly and generous with his time at consultations, and he will not try and sell you unnecessary treatment.

Do not go to Rajavej to see him just go to his clinic from photo above. Just had knee replacement 4 weeks ago he did another good job. Up walking a bit as well as working on stairs at present.

19 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Do not go to Rajavej to see him just go to his clinic from photo above. Just had knee replacement 4 weeks ago he did another good job. Up walking a bit as well as working on stairs at present.

Any idea on the costs - fees?

12 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Any idea on the costs - fees?

My complete knee replacement cost around 6,000 dollars what you want alot less. I have not looked at my bill in detail yet but Rajavet is below the other hospitals on cost but I would not say on patient care. I have spent time in Ram and had a friend laid up in Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai for 3 months and the staffs are equal. For your surgery probably out the next day.

A week ago a young thai girl came to therapy and she had fractured her patella and Dr. Chanakhlan spelling charged her 140,000 that includes hospital stay as well as surgery.

I could not be happier with the out come at this point of my surgery

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

U.S. Dollars? Why U.S. Dollars? Meaningless in Thailand.

He gave US Dollar as a value..... If Singapore Dollar...... Would the exchange rate come out the same in Thai Baht...... What do you think?

Just got quoted 250,000 for hip replacement.....

Looks like the 29th.....

Note: I had an MRI done based on a prior post....Dr C said it was a waste of money.....Took X-rays at his office & total visit was 900B......

Cost me 7000B & one finger wagging session from my wife....:post-4641-1156693976:.....

Best of luck with that PG, hope you are up and around soon there after.

5 hours ago, elektrified said:

U.S. Dollars? Why U.S. Dollars? Meaningless in Thailand.

I find that US Dollars have a lot of meaning in Thailand and expect that many others do too.

16 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Just got quoted 250,000 for hip replacement.....

Looks like the 29th.....

Note: I had an MRI done based on a prior post....Dr C said it was a waste of money.....Took X-rays at his office & total visit was 900B......

Cost me 7000B & one finger wagging session from my wife....:post-4641-1156693976:.....

which hospital did you have your surgery at and how are you doing. hope all is progressing ok.

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

which hospital did you have your surgery at and how are you doing. hope all is progressing ok.

Won't be until the 29th - Ravajek is going to be the hospital....I asked Dr C and he said all the hospitals he goes to all are about the same in standards .....