Scores of women, transvestites arrested for selling sex services in Pattaya

webfact

The main problem is that those arrested are all independent traders who don't normally pay any percentage of their earnings to officialdom, either directly or via the club/bar-owning pimps, except when they get arrested.

This naturally upsets the accepted order of things and prompts action by those financially affected.

Any serious effort to reduce prostitution would of course target the premises where most of the activity takes place, without concern for the financial effect.

When I read this, I immediately went into a state of shock. By arresting 60 individuals per week "luring foreigners to buy sexual services" means that they would be arresting over 3000 on an annual basis. So, in a short 10 years, there would be no more individuals left, willing and capable to "lure foreigners to buy their sex services".

Next to the temples and the pristine beaches, only gloom and doom left.

But then, on second thaught, as long as the "perpetrators" are let go after having paid a hefty fine of 200 Bht, re-appearing for work the next day, above calculation is probably incorrect. I hope.
Cheers.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

... So, in a short 10 years, there would be no more individuals left, willing and capable to "lure foreigners to buy their sex services"...

Even if they didn't arrest them, they'd be at the end of the "best used by" date after 10 years.

".. my my what is it like living a well used piece of second hand machinery. ..."

You don't worry about adding a few scratches or dents, as it doesn't affect the resale value that much.

If any of you want to see what a fun devoid place with virtually no nightlife looks like take a break in Chiang Mai. If they keep this up in Pattaya it is going to become another Chiang Mai.

The way it's going, I'll be able to leave LOS without a regret when the time comes.

Killing, golden and goose comes to mind.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If any of you want to see what a fun devoid place with virtually no nightlife looks like take a break in Chiang Mai. If they keep this up in Pattaya it is going to become another Chiang Mai.

The way it's going, I'll be able to leave LOS without a regret when the time comes.

They are so stupid that know one knows what's happening

Just a bad government 

On 10/1/2017 at 1:52 AM, swissie said:

When I read this, I immediately went into a state of shock. By arresting 60 individuals per week "luring foreigners to buy sexual services" means that they would be arresting over 3000 on an annual basis. So, in a short 10 years, there would be no more individuals left, willing and capable to "lure foreigners to buy their sex services".

Next to the temples and the pristine beaches, only gloom and doom left.

But then, on second thaught, as long as the "perpetrators" are let go after having paid a hefty fine of 200 Bht, re-appearing for work the next day, above calculation is probably incorrect. I hope.
Cheers.

Pay police go work. Pay police go work

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't disagree with this. While the 'scene' may not be appealing to many, the fact that it brings tourists in from all over the world can not be denied.

Looks more like someone is in fear of their job and wants to be seen to be 'busy' before the next round of appointments comes around. 'Rounding up' a few 'hookers' is a lot easier than dealing with any real criminals who might have guns or more important relatives.....

18 hours ago, Merylhighground said:

I can't disagree with this. While the 'scene' may not be appealing to many, the fact that it brings tourists in from all over the world can not be denied.

Looks more like someone is in fear of their job and wants to be seen to be 'busy' before the next round of appointments comes around. 'Rounding up' a few 'hookers' is a lot easier than dealing with any real criminals who might have guns or more important relatives.....

Nah. The "rounding up" happens occasionally, and has done so for decades. What is different now is that it is a lot more than fining a few ladies now and then. It seems to be a concerted attack on everything that makes Pattaya unique.

They should be careful of what they wish for, as I'm sure places like Cha Am don't have the big spenders rolling in, and that is what they are going to end up with, NOT the Riviera.