• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, baboon said:

So let me get this straight:

She vanishes like a puff of smoke from under the watchful eye of the junta. Who have not prosecuted anyone in connection with her 'escape'. And who don't know where she is but she is in Dubai. Yet she has promised not to be involved in politics, despite there being no communication. And we are expected to take all this at face value?

I mean, is it just me or what?

I think it is all of us and not just you.

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I think it is all of us and not just you.

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Juntaland...

Edited by baboon

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Until her son is out of the army and the country she will agree with anything they say.

Sorry to disappoint you but he is NOT in the Army at all as he is still a schoolboy.

It is true that he is in the cadet force at school and it is true that he has been on a 2 week training camp but that happens to all schoolboys who have signrd up fo the program and is nothing special.

Perhaps you need to do a little research sometimes before you post.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

I bet the Shinawatra's will be banned from any decent European country...corrupt people are not liked there.

But you're right they should ban Goldman Sachs as well.

I do hope that you are not relying on your betting acumen to fund a luxurious retirement.

Nor for that matter your knowledge of the rules pertaining to international property ownership - Thaksin has properties in England....

"Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in Dubai and has promised not to be involved in any political activities."

Says who?

"Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday."

Right ho, I see....

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but he is NOT in the Army at all as he is still a schoolboy.

It is true that he is in the cadet force at school and it is true that he has been on a 2 week training camp but that happens to all schoolboys who have signrd up fo the program and is nothing special.

Perhaps you need to do a little research sometimes before you post.

Hmm, whilst it is true that the school cadet force training program is undertaken by lots of Matyom 4 - 6 pupils, I would suggest that it is not exactly the same as for example, the school cadet forces in the UK or other Commonwealth countries. Here the cadets are liable for mobilization and have a reserve commitment. What's more, the training is conducted by the regular army, and they are under the direct control of the Ministry of Defence. The army has "tabs" on the cadets....

2 hours ago, Thian said:

So Dubai is quite happy to be the home for corrupt criminals who are on the run??

Not sure if i would like to fly Emirates again...i hate corruption.

what you call corrupt criminals you find in any UK govt or any other..........without any conviction

......Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday (Sept 28) that it’s good for ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra to be in Dubai as it has no extradition treaty with Thailand.

His comment came after Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha revealed that Ms Yingluck is now staying in Dubai, the city of the United Arab Emirates.

But he said that although the UAE has no extradition treaty with Thailand, it has assured Thailand that it has requested the fugitive ex-premier not to engage herself in any political activity, and that she must complete with its laws....."

<deleted>.... day after  day for flippin weeks Prawit has been banging on about....".tracking her down...bringing her to justice....we have our experts on the case....we will find her..." blah blah blah...ad infinitum.......then suddenly he says.... "it's good for her to be in Dubai as it has no extradition treaty with Thailand...".....but his boss in another article today....bangs on about..." leaving it to the RTP to seek her extradition...Interpol has been advised etc etc..."

You really have to wonder...with these two boys running the country...!!!

Interestingly, Prawit is now the spokesperson for the ex-PM, Yingluck Shinawatra. Usually the leaders of the current military-led administration like to speak on behalf of foreign Western leaders and government ministers but now they have turned their spokesperson skills to Thai politicians.

Interestingly, Prawit is now the spokesperson for the ex-PM, Yingluck Shinawatra. Usually the leaders of the current military-led administration like to speak on behalf of foreign Western leaders and government ministers but now they have turned their spokesperson skills to Thai politicians.

3 hours ago, ikke said:

You can call them corrupt criminals or maybe victims of a corrupt system.

I think that any civilized country would love to host them both, so you better stop flying ......

A corrupt system for sure. But the Shins, innocent victims, you're having a laugh !!

I'm sure they're both consoled by their billions.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

So Dubai is quite happy to be the home for corrupt criminals who are on the run??

You hate corruption ?

You got to hate about nearly everybody here ...

All politicians are corrupt ... some more , some less ... depends on how you define corruption ...?

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Hmmm... Is it worse than Thailand being home for corrupt criminals who will never be prosecuted?

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Australia and London refused mr Thaksin to buy a house on their land. So i can always fly with them.

I believe that is false. Most Australians are fully aware of political pursecution, a sound legal system and Thailands history of military stuff ups. Its ashame more Thais dont know their own history accept what they are told.

We also dont have a phobia about foreigners buying property as do some backward countries.

Edited by Reigntax

3 hours ago, baboon said:

So let me get this straight:

She vanishes like a puff of smoke from under the watchful eye of the junta. Who have not prosecuted anyone in connection with her 'escape'. And who don't know where she is but she is in Dubai. Yet she has promised not to be involved in politics, despite there being no communication. And we are expected to take all this at face value?

I mean, is it just me or what?

Yes it is you and your poor comprehension skills. Read the first 2 paragraphs again, they clearly state there has been communication with Dubai authorities. Nowhere is the any indication of communication with Yingluk, only that a promise was made. To whom? Dubai authorities.

1 minute ago, halloween said:

Yes it is you and your poor comprehension skills. Read the first 2 paragraphs again, they clearly state there has been communication with Dubai authorities. Nowhere is the any indication of communication with Yingluk, only that a promise was made. To whom? Dubai authorities.

Can the authorities in Dubai just kindly send her back home.

30 minutes ago, halloween said:

Are you really that poor at reading? Did you miss "There is no extradition treaty between Thailand and the UAE." in your own link.

And? My link proves extradition between the two countries are still perfectly possible.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

The corrupt criminals are here with a amnesty to exclude them from being pursued 

They are also coup.leaders who committed high treason. Prawit talk bull. UAE knows about these old men. Yingluck will do as she please.