Russian cannibal couple sold human meat pies

webfact

Cannibal couple sold human meat pies

BY BRAD HUNTER, TORONTO SUN

mo.jpg

Image: source Internet 

MOSCOW: -- The Russian cannibal couple accused of murdering — then eating — 30 people served up some of their victims in human meat pies.

Published reports say Natalia Bakshaeva, 42, and her hungry hubby, Dmitry Baksheev, 35, confessed to murdering, dismembering and eating scores of their victims.

Now, the sickening case has taken a more macabre turn.

Neighbours told reporters that Bakshaeva made and sold “meat” pies for extra money. Russia Today reports that she told local cafe owners she could supply “meat” and may have worked as a chef.

“I bake pies,” she reportedly told one local, who added that when she was asked about her ingredients, Bakshaeva replied: “Whatever is around.”

Full story: http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/27/cannibal-couple-sold-human-meat-pies

-- TORONTO SUN 2017-09-29

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to take a close look at what Humans consider edible, and what they consider taboo.

>>>  top of the list, of taboo, are fellow humans.  Babies are probably the biggest taboo in that category.

>>>  next are pets.  Particularly pets of elitists, which are pampered.

>>>   horses are in a gray area.   Same for dogs in some societies.  ....and insects.

>>>   For most humans; cow, pig, and goat meat is perfectly acceptable to ingest.  

>>>   For all but a few, fish and chicken are fine.

What % of humans don't eat any flesh at all?  My guess, about 6%, most of whom in India.

33 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Cannibalisme , one of the last taboo's .

If you murder animals and eat their corpses , it's a small step to eat human meat. They still do it in parts of New Guinea & Borneo.

I wonder what it tastes like .

Chicken, maybe.

Funny peculiar that cannibals don't get asked that question more often.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Even so, the vast majority of humans still think our species is superior.  Religionists want us to believe we're not even related to animals, but instead some sort of angelic super-beings.  Go figure.

Human beings are quite extraordinary creatures . Far in advance of any other animals . There is the animal instinct too , such as these meat eating cannibals , but religions are there to teach us the way to elevate from the animal state . Re Ligion actually means tie back to God or the Highest . Difficult to believe I know if you spend too much time in places like Pattaya . 

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Even so, the vast majority of humans still think our species is superior.  Religionists want us to believe we're not even related to animals, but instead some sort of angelic super-beings.  Go figure.

'religionists' ... now there's an interesting word ... :thumbsup:

Horrible story.

We eat a lot of things we don’t know about. If food has ingredients listed at all, few ever read them.

There was a case in Manchester England some 50 years ago where a very popular meat and potato pie seller in Albert Square was found to be using dog meat and on investigation was found to be the cause of disappearance of dogs and cats around the area for years. A Manchester University student discovered the secret when he analysed a bone he found in one pie.

And did you know that here in Thailand S&P Fruit and Nuts Mooncakes contain 25% pork? Nor did I until I read the little label tucked inside.:shock1:

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

Cannibalisme , one of the last taboo's .

If you murder animals and eat their corpses , it's a small step to eat human meat. They still do it in parts of New Guinea & Borneo.

..put the bite on the missus.

1 hour ago, MisterTee said:

Chicken, maybe.

Funny peculiar that cannibals don't get asked that question more often.

Pork, apparently.

"Long pig is an antiquated term for human flesh, eaten by cannibals. Purportedly, the term long pig is a translation of a phrase used in the Pacific Islands for human flesh intended for consumption. Early explorers and missionaries who contacted cannibal Pacific Islanders were told that human flesh tasted similar to pork, thus the term long pig".

http://grammarist.com/archaic/long-pig/

In "The happy isles of Oceania", Paul Theoroux came to the conclusion that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh.

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

You can ask one of the survivors of flight 571 that crashed in the Andes. The passengers had to eat the flesh of the dead people.  

The survivors had little food and no source of heat in the harsh conditions at over 3,600 metres (11,800 ft) altitude. Faced with starvation and radio news reports that the search for them had been abandoned, the survivors fed on the bodies of dead passengers that had been preserved in the snow.

2 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

Human beings are quite extraordinary creatures . Far in advance of any other animals . There is the animal instinct too , such as these meat eating cannibals , but religions are there to teach us the way to elevate from the animal state . Re Ligion actually means tie back to God or the Highest . Difficult to believe I know if you spend too much time in places like Pattaya . 

Skimeera opines: "Human beings are quite extraordinary creatures . Far in advance of any other animals."

I've thought on this topic a lot, and the only thing I've concluded, when comparing humans with other animals, is that we're craftier than other animals.   That's not to say animals aren't also crafty in their own ways (spiders can spin amazing webs, birds of paradise can concoct colorful gardens).   However, no other animals can design and craft a jet engine, for example, or paint a Mona Lisa.

As for things and senses which animals excel over humans, .....the list is quite long.  

From another perspective, there are things which humans are unique at doing, which no other animals do:   most of those things are debilitating and harmful, to humans and to other species.   That's also a very long list.  Top of the list are self-damaging mental afflictions unique to only humans.

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Pork, apparently.

"Long pig is an antiquated term for human flesh, eaten by cannibals. Purportedly, the term long pig is a translation of a phrase used in the Pacific Islands for human flesh intended for consumption. Early explorers and missionaries who contacted cannibal Pacific Islanders were told that human flesh tasted similar to pork, thus the term long pig".

http://grammarist.com/archaic/long-pig/

In "The happy isles of Oceania", Paul Theoroux came to the conclusion that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh.

An interesting bit of info but just to discuss further, So when the explorers went and found the pacific Islands were there pigs already on the islands? I find that hard to believe that pigs were on the islands, unless the missionaries took the pigs themselves, cooked them up and then the locals said "nah, people taste much better" and are much easier to come by, - as pigs don't sail ships.

38 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

An interesting bit of info but just to discuss further, So when the explorers went and found the pacific Islands were there pigs already on the islands? I find that hard to believe that pigs were on the islands, unless the missionaries took the pigs themselves, cooked them up and then the locals said "nah, people taste much better" and are much easier to come by, - as pigs don't sail ships.

That's a good question.  The settling of the South Pacific was comparatively recent, and spread out over a number of migrations.  It looks like the first wave brought pigs with them in their canoes, and evidence suggests that, although the people came from Taiwan, the pigs came from Vietnamese stock.

"Pigs made a harrowing journey about 3,500 years ago to the most remote islands of the Pacific alongside their ancient human owners, and that partnership is revealing how the region was colonized".

https://www.livescience.com/1389-pig-journeys-reveal-human-migration-patterns.html

Therefore the inhabitants were already eating pigs, and each other, before the first western explorers arrived.

16 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

That's a good question.  The settling of the South Pacific was comparatively recent, and spread out over a number of migrations.  It looks like the first wave brought pigs with them in their canoes, and evidence suggests that, although the people came from Taiwan, the pigs came from Vietnamese stock.

"Pigs made a harrowing journey about 3,500 years ago to the most remote islands of the Pacific alongside their ancient human owners, and that partnership is revealing how the region was colonized".

https://www.livescience.com/1389-pig-journeys-reveal-human-migration-patterns.html

Therefore the inhabitants were already eating pigs, and each other, before the first western explorers arrived.

Thank you. It just goes to show, 'every day's a school day'.