Pattanakarn becomes trash dump

Rimmer

Pattanakarn becomes trash dump

image.png

PATTAYA:--A stretch of Pattanakarn Road was turned into a makeshift garbage dump and residents are none too pleased.

The pile of rubbish near the Tungklom Tanman intersection emerged over several nights when an unknown party dumped plastic bags, old, big foam boxes, wooden scrap and vegetable waste along the roadway.

Residents complained to Nongprue Sub-district Sept. 19, saying that the trash is a smelly eyesore, especially since the local government just spent millions of baht repaving the road and installing new lights.

Officials responded by sending out a backhoe to dig a large hole and bury all the garbage on site.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-29

I see at least 6 cops and a couple of police vehicles in the picture in the OP. I wonder how all those cops with transportation managed to miss all that rubbish being dumped over a period of several days.

Actually, I don't wonder at all, it's just for dramatic effect... like having at least 6 cops watching a back-hoe digging a hole and burying rubbish.

Edited by NanLaew

Just wait until the decomposing rubbish starts to emit methane gas.  What a mob of unintelligent twits, glad I don't live there.  :bah:  But wait, maybe I am being too harsh, they could be starting a methane gas plant to help in solving the local energy crisis.  Gosh, could I be that wrong?      :sorry:     Doubt it. :wai:

17 hours ago, peperobi said:

That is the absolute best solution, especially in case you like to attract more tourists and investors!!! Good!

Rubbish.  Oh, forgive the pun.  So are you going to invest in the new gas plant? (methane) :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

I've seen many plots of land

(especially Jomtien second road)

that used "trash" to raise the level to equal or higher than the road then a thin layer of soil on top,leave to settle for a few months then start building "luxury villages" on it !

23 hours ago, johng said:

I've seen many plots of land

(especially Jomtien second road)

that used "trash" to raise the level to equal or higher than the road then a thin layer of soil on top,leave to settle for a few months then start building "luxury villages" on it !

Yes, take a drive around South Jomtien and you'll see loads of trash.  It's unreal how much there is.