Three foreign overstayers arrested in Phuket

webfact

Three foreign overstayers arrested

The police found that Khurram had been overstaying for 1,302 days, Riasat 1,115 days and Ratnakar 278 days overstay

By Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_06610-copy.jpg

PHUKET: -- 3 foreigners have been arrested on Bangla Road, Patong, including 33 year old Khurram Rasheed from Pakistan, 23 year old Riasat Ali from Pakistan, and 21 year old Ratnakar Reddy Singireddy from India.

The police made a patrol in the area yesterday evening (September 30) following the current crackdown on illegal immigrants. Police noticed the three men looking suspicious so asked to check for their passports, which they didn’t have on them at the time. Police took them to the Phuket Immigration Office.

The police found that Khurram had been overstaying for 1,302 days, Riasat 1,115 days and Ratnakar 278 days overstay.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/three-foreign-overstayers-arrested

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-10-02

58 minutes ago, nausea said:

I'm curious as to how they've been supporting themselves.

Selling counterfeit stuff in one of the small shops or in Jungcylon?

100's of them in Patong without visa or workpermit. Good backhander every month.

It's time to check everyone, everywhere, no passport to bad hold them in police station until one is shown. Problem Police stations won't be big enough.

The law should be enforced, carry your passport and be prepared to show it, The Thai's are required to have their Thai ID cards with them at all times.

When requested by a properly uniformed and identified officer.

I have noticed and witnessed "non uniformed "Thai Persons" saying they were either police or immigration officers. Demand them to show their ID card, if not tell them to take you to the police station. I have seen it in Lamai, when they are asked for an ID they tell the person "never mind" and disappear. 

I always have a photo of my passport and latest TM card available on my phone. Most of the time this is enough proof, but if not produce your documents as required by the law.

inconvenient, to bad!

This is the law so enforce it. It is also the law in most other countries.

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Selling peanuts. Working for someone big with big brown envelopes. They've probably already been replaced. They cleaned out the peanut sellers in my area (mainly Pakistanis) but their back.

Maybe it's a slow news day or something, but how is this even news? In other countries, 300 illegals could get arrested in a day and it wouldn't even registered in the news at all.......I suspect the biased Thai media is deliberately trying to paint foreigners as evil threats to society by finding any law breaker (even having to resort to the most trivial transgressions of the law when there's nothing else to raise a stink about) and pushing this to the front of all news reports. What makes it so laughable is the best they could find for todays anti-foreigner propaganda piece is 3 people on expired visas 

It's disappointing that a website catering to the foreign community in thailand consciously spreads the government line by publishing stuff like this. 

10 minutes ago, farang62 said:

It's time to check everyone, everywhere, no passport to bad hold them in police station until one is shown.

Agreed. We've tried eveything else to get rid of these pesky tourists, from taking away the sunbeds to down and out violence; but still they come. Let's lock half the suckers up, and see if that works.

No need to segregate people based on region and color . everyone must be dealt with according to the law which l, I think is the same for all.. so clean all people who overstayed their visas or have been living with out proper documents.  No cheap charlies from any country for that matter.. in fact most of the cheap Charlies are Occidental and not Oriental .. never condemn people based on color and region.. 

Ahum....go to the largest shopping mall in Patong, and pick up more than a few dozen Nepalis and Indians illegally working and staying. Go to most Thai restaurants and the staf will be Burmese. Stop pick up trucks in the morning, and find 75% illegal Burmese. But this generous of source of tea is of course very well known to the BIBs.

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Wow! So many Law & Order enthusiasts on here.

Your life in Thailand must be very disappointing..........

Not really, just most here (me) jump through the hurdles to do what is required to reside here...:stoner:

4 hours ago, nausea said:

I'm sure I saw the one in the yellow T shirt outside Club 82 (?) at the top of Bangla trying to get passers-by into the club, which I believe is now owned by Indian or Pakistani interests.........so making a living like this perhaps?

1 hour ago, meinphuket said:

Ahum....go to the largest shopping mall in Patong, and pick up more than a few dozen Nepalis and Indians illegally working and staying. Go to most Thai restaurants and the staf will be Burmese. Stop pick up trucks in the morning, and find 75% illegal Burmese. But this generous of source of tea is of course very well known to the BIBs.

Burmese have a special agreement, as do Cambodians and Laotians, their situation changes from year to year but at the moment they are being given ID cards if they are in work here, they provide roughly 10% of Thailand's workforce, they are very much needed, nothing to do with tea money, more to do with fulfilling all the low paid jobs that Thai's are not willing to do. 

Indians and Nepalese vary in status, just like your own nationality, some are here illegally some legally, not sure why anyone would assume that they must be illegals just because they are from India or Nepal.

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Why are you so malicious as to want to put someone in prison for 5 years for merely heading to another country to better their life?

Because that's where they belong  -  most of them are illegal for a reason, on the run from home country, scammers, selling counterfeit watches on the street - nothing to do with seeking a better quality of life.