Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

An apologist would be someone defending terrorist scum and their actions, not someone pointing out the absurdity of blaming all Muslims for the actions of scum who misrepresent a faith.

That would in fact be a terrorist apologist. A Muslim apologist would be someone that argues in defense of Muslims and their religion of Islam. You will of course remember that I did not suggest that you were either of these. They are not colloquialisms that I would use, especially without knowing your views.

I don’t know if you defend the fact that Islam teaches homophobia, and that acts of homosexuality still carry the death penalty in 10 Islamic countries including Saudi Arabia, which is home to so many gay men that you couldn’t script the irony.

I don’t know if you defend gender inequality, whereby men are allowed multiple wives, there is no rape within marriage, and if a couple commit adultery the man is never punished but the woman always is ….. in some cases by being stoned to death; or the really progressive stuff, when a woman gets raped and is then punished for adultery. 

I don’t know if you defend girls as young as 12 being forced into marriage with men 4 times their age, and then being systematically raped.

I don’t know if you defend any of these teachings, but they are followed and adhered to by millions of Muslims throughout the world, and these medieval dictums are the very essence of what creates fear and distrust into the minds of normal 21st century non muslim citizens about Islam. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Before you dismiss comments like this, just think about what people are seeing in Britain over the past decade or so:

- The number / proportion of Muslims growing rapidly, already estimated at 6% of the total UK population.

- In 2001 there were 600 mosques in the UK, and now there are 1,800.

- Large parts of big towns are becoming majority Muslim (Tower Hamlets (35% Muslim), Newham (32%), Rochdale, Luton,  Walthamstow, Bradford, Birmingham to name just a few).

- Islam is now the second largest religion in the UK.

- Between 2001 and 2009, the Muslim population increased 10 times more than the non-Muslim population.

- The birth rate for Muslims is ~ 3 times higher than for non-Muslims, and non-Muslims must convert to Islam to marry a Muslim

Based on current momentum, what do you think the UK demographic will look like in another 30 years? 

some just cant pull there head out the sand, or dont want to,

muslims are trying to take over the world, thats what they are tought,

i said it before,

not all muslims are terrorists,

BUT MOST TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIM, !

There are no go areas for white people in some of the big cities in england, yes in england, posters on lamposts telling after 8pm only muslims,

they are the most racist bunch of people in the world,

they move from sh@t holes then try and turn the places they take over into sh@t holes,

you see gays sticking up for them, that is unbelievable as they will be the first thrown off a high building,!!

How many of these muslim imigrants has Dubai taken,, they know they are trouble,

And i know this thread is about thailand, but please take a look at what has happened in other countries,

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Before you dismiss comments like this, just think about what people are seeing in Britain over the past decade or so:

- The number / proportion of Muslims growing rapidly, already estimated at 6% of the total UK population.

- In 2001 there were 600 mosques in the UK, and now there are 1,800.

- Large parts of big towns are becoming majority Muslim (Tower Hamlets (35% Muslim), Newham (32%), Rochdale, Luton,  Walthamstow, Bradford, Birmingham to name just a few).

- Islam is now the second largest religion in the UK.

- Between 2001 and 2009, the Muslim population increased 10 times more than the non-Muslim population.

- The birth rate for Muslims is ~ 3 times higher than for non-Muslims, and non-Muslims must convert to Islam to marry a Muslim

Based on current momentum, what do you think the UK demographic will look like in another 30 years? 

It will look like Britain.

I've lived and worked in Luton and Bradford. Luton was a bit dull but Bradford was a great place. Love visiting friends in Birmingham.

The UK is a multi-ethnic, multi-faith country.

Demographics change.

Deal with it.

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I’m sure I will not be alone in noticing that you continually criticise other people's views and opinions, but when questioned about your own, you become extremely reluctant ….. your sigh speaks volumes on your behalf 

My views have been made abundantly clear.

You don't judge the majority on the bigotry and appalling actions of the few.

Just as I don't judge humanity on the basis of the intolerant, Islamophobic and bigoted posts I occasionally have the misfortune to read on here.

8 hours ago, hansnl said:

I don't blame all muslims.

But when there is another islam induced act of terror, part of the islam are having a party, a few token muslims speak out against the atrocity, while the majority is earshattering silent.

Quite obvious most non muslims have no idea what is written and instructed in their holy book.

If you knew no defense of islam would be forthcoming.

Come on now , Hans :

original.jpg.3be7ba1543ccfefa30114694b82e6114.jpg

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

My views have been made abundantly clear.

You don't judge the majority on the bigotry and appalling actions of the few.

Just as I don't judge humanity on the basis of the intolerant, Islamophobic and bigoted posts I occasionally have the misfortune to read on here.

I was looking forward to your response to Eloquent Pilgrim's comments, just to hear the counter-argument.  I'm genuinely curious about your position on the points he raised.  I'd like to know if you (and other like minded people) dispute these facts, or acknowledge but accept them. 

But all we got was "Sigh". :post-4641-1156693976:

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I was looking forward to your response to Eloquent Pilgrim's comments, just to hear the counter-argument.  I'm genuinely curious about your position on the points he raised.  I'd like to know if you (and other like minded people) dispute these facts, or acknowledge but accept them. 

But all we got was "Sigh". :post-4641-1156693976:

Because that's what I feel when I hear the same old prejudices trotted out.

Made very clear my views on relevant topics on sexual assault and homophobia.

I feel the same way about them as I do Islamophobic bigots and terrorist scum.

Utter contempt.

However this thread is about bigots refusing to let fellow Thais build a place of worship...

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, pigeonjake said:

There are no go areas for white people in some of the big cities in england, yes in england, posters on lamposts telling after 8pm only muslims,

Where pray tell never seen any and neither have you just lies

35 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Utter contempt.

However this thread is about bigots refusing to let fellow Thais build a place of worship...

So you agree on the issues of sexual assault homophobia and misogyny, and presumably you're aware of the almost weekly terror attacks being carried out (by a minority, but a growing minority). And you agree that the Muslim population is growing at a fast pace across Europe and most of the world. These things you don't dispute?

With all those things in mind you can't really blame people for having concerns about more mosques going up in Thailand.  Just calling them bigots does nothing. You could instead explain why you think there is no need to worry.

21 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So you agree on the issues of sexual assault homophobia and misogyny, and presumably you're aware of the almost weekly terror attacks being carried out (by a minority, but a growing minority). And you agree that the Muslim population is growing at a fast pace across Europe and most of the world. These things you don't dispute?

With all those things in mind you can't really blame people for having concerns about more mosques going up in Thailand.  Just calling them bigots does nothing. You could instead explain why you think there is no need to worry.

Those things in your first sentence of your paragraph have nothing to do with faith.

Terror attacks are carried out by scum who do not represent the majority of their faith/philosophy.

As for the spread of Islam across Europe, I have no idea nor do I care.

As I keep saying, the majority are just people living their lives.

I certainly can blame people from wishing to curtail their fellow citizens from having a place of worship and I do call them bigots.

There is no need to worry because people have have the right to follow their faith and it is not worrying they wish to do so.

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Utter contempt.

So you consider it  prejudicial if I abhor men raping teenage girls, and prejudicial that I abhor a religious culture that is homophobic, and has the death penalty for acts of homosexuality.

You think I am showing the same old prejudices by finding it unacceptable that rape within marriage is not recognised, and that women that have been raped can subsequently be persecuted for adultery; are these the same old prejudices that you are tired of hearing ?? 

“Made very clear my views on relevant topics on sexual assault and homophobia” 

….. when did you make those clear, and by sexual assault, I assume that you mean rape, but don't like to say it.

You eventually admit that you feel utter contempt for the millions of Muslims that both preach and practice, homophobia, gender inequality and the raping of children ….. so, some progress at last, well done   

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It will look like Britain.

I've lived and worked in Luton and Bradford. Luton was a bit dull but Bradford was a great place. Love visiting friends in Birmingham.

The UK is a multi-ethnic, multi-faith country.

Demographics change.

Deal with it.

You've lived and worked in Luton and Bradford and have friends in Birmingham …….. but you are not a muslim, nor an adherent to the Islamic religion and culture .........  yeah right,  I've dealt with it  …… ha … ha … ha  

17 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So you consider it  prejudicial if I abhor men raping teenage girls, and prejudicial that I abhor a religious culture that is homophobic, and has the death penalty for acts of homosexuality.

You think I am showing the same old prejudices by finding it unacceptable that rape within marriage is not recognised, and that women that have been raped can subsequently be persecuted for adultery; are these the same old prejudices that you are tired of hearing ?? 

“Made very clear my views on relevant topics on sexual assault and homophobia” 

….. when did you make those clear, and by sexual assault, I assume that you mean rape, but don't like to say it.

You eventually admit that you feel utter contempt for the millions of Muslims that both preach and practice, homophobia, gender inequality and the raping of children ….. so, some progress at last, well done   

Wow, do |I have to spell it out this slowly...

"point" 1: I specifically made clear I regard these as abhorrent, regardless of faith. 

"point" 2: The prejudices I am tired of hearing is the lies that this only occurs in Islam. That's pure BS.

"point" 3: Read the threads dealing with these issues, you'll find me there...

"point" 4: I did no such thing. I said I have utter contempt for those who spread hate, lies and prejudice and bigotry. That includes all faiths and those who postulate such contemptible intolerance under the guise of concern.

Including those who do so on online forums. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You've lived and worked in Luton and Bradford and have friends in Birmingham …….. but you are not a muslim, nor an adherent to the Islamic religion and culture .........  yeah right,  I've dealt with it  …… ha … ha … ha  

Oh dear, are different life experiences upsetting your equilibrium.

Poor, poor you...

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Wow, do |I have to spell it out this slowly...

"point" 1: I specifically made clear I regard these as abhorrent, regardless of faith. 

"point" 2: The prejudices I am tired of hearing is the lies that this only occurs in Islam. That's pure BS.

"point" 3: Read the threads dealing with these issues, you'll find me there...

"point" 4: I did no such thing. I said I have utter contempt for those who spread hate, lies and prejudice and bigotry. That includes all faiths and those who postulate such contemptible intolerance under the guise of concern.

Including those who do so on online forums. 

Wow, do |I have to spell it out this slowly…  er, no thanks  

……….  please tell me what other faith’s or religions preach and practice homophobia, misogyny and child rape   

…… please tell me what lies I have allegedly told

"point" 3: Read the threads dealing with these issues, you'll find me there… 

……. I’ve searched and cant find you condemning any aspect of Islam or Islamic teachings without attaching huge caveats to 

"point" 4: I did no such thing. I said I have utter contempt for those who spread hate, lies and prejudice and bigotry. That includes all faiths and those who postulate such contemptible intolerance under the guise of concern 

……. see answer to point 3 ….. you cannot condemn anything to do with Islam unless it presents an opportunity for you to shout bigot or Islamophobe 

22 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You were either very lucky, or you choose to turn a blind eye.  Here's your relative peace:

Lebanese civil war 1975-1990

Kurdish-Turkish Conflict 1978-present

Iranian Revolution 1979-80

Islamist Uprising in Syria 1979-1982

South Yemen Civil War 1986

Iraq invades Kuwait (Gulf War) 1991

Yemen Civil War 1994

Those are just the more high profile conflicts.

And  which one  if  any of those  conflicts  led  to the  mass exit to Europe  or  elsewhere apart  from  the  followers  of  the  Bahai   faith  from  Iran?

And  it seems  conveniently  forgotten  that  the  Serbian  Bosnian Croation conflict  was  between  which predominant  religious  factions  and  the  location !

The  current  exodus  is  the  result  of   "We will   save  you  intervention "  by  Western dictate  which seems  to  lack  any  effin plausible  logic unless  it  is  a  mutilation  of  the "We  will  take  you  down for  our  own  purposes" motivation.

Taunt  any  species  of  animal  and it will  eventually  become  aggressive and  possibly  bite.

The  human  animal is  no different  other than having a more  calculated response.

And  once  you  have  convinced  that  animal that it has  no  option  other than  to  aggressively  defend then  the  chances  it will ever trust  again  is  remote.

Phobia once  instilled   is  very  difficult  to curtail.

The  Islamophobia  being  instilled  in the  world is a  complete  and  utter contravention  of  all the   anti  discriminatory  principles  supposedly  contained  in  the  constitutions  etc  of  near all  member  countries  of the  modern  world.

It  is an insidious  distraction  for political  purposes .

Consider  the  fact that  if   every   follower of  Islam  is potentially or  already  is a "terrorist" then their current numbers  would  mean that  the   rest of  the  non  Muslim  world  would have been   easily  over run .

I  personally  have   very  good  friends   who are  followers  of  Islam  and  I  know   that  they  are  dismayed  and  sickened  by the  actions  of those Islamic  pretenders who they  consider  enemies  of their  faith. They  are  equally   disgusted  by the  generalized  discrimination disseminated   about   Muslims.

I have   no particular intent  to defend any  religion but  I  do feel an imperative  to  defend  against  discrimination based  on  it.

Thailand  is  in the  majority  deemed  to be populated  by  believers in  Bhuddism but has  no   "official "   religion.

Sectarian dictate surely  belongs  in  the  past ! Discrimination  ensures it  perpetuates!

Personally I  think  that  all  National Anthems   should  be reworded  to  be  honest  and  say   " God   save,defend, protect, etc  our  Dollar,  Pound, Euro,  Shekel ,etc " as  appropriate  to  real  assignations !

Bite  Me !

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wow, do |I have to spell it out this slowly…  er, no thanks  

……….  please tell me what other faith’s or religions preach and practice homophobia, misogyny and child rape   

…… please tell me what lies I have allegedly told

"point" 3: Read the threads dealing with these issues, you'll find me there… 

……. I’ve searched and cant find you condemning any aspect of Islam or Islamic teachings without attaching huge caveats to 

"point" 4: I did no such thing. I said I have utter contempt for those who spread hate, lies and prejudice and bigotry. That includes all faiths and those who postulate such contemptible intolerance under the guise of concern 

……. see answer to point 3 ….. you cannot condemn anything to do with Islam unless it presents an opportunity for you to shout bigot or Islamophobe 

"point" 1: Those things are carries out by scum. They are not exclusive to any one faith...

"point" 2: your whole agenda is full of those lies that claim it is only in Islam these things are found.  

"point" 3: That was not what you asked. However I do not condemn a faith because of prejudices found throughout humanity.

"point" 4: I'm not shouting but I will highlight bigots and bigotry when I see it.

And I see it all over this thread.

I'm surprised that someone who states I am an atheist can describe any religion as being a good idea.

Just imagine if from tomorrow all religious teaching in schools etc stopped and kids were left to themselves to decide if they wanted to follow or not.

By the time they reached an age to decide for themselves religion I believe would die out.

Let's face it all religions are just centuries old ideas so a few can control the masses and make money from them.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

They are the actions of scum not faith. 

Hope that clears things up for you. 

So Muslim = scum... considering no other places than the ones controlled by them consider raping kids, raping women, killing gays etc as normal

thanks for clearing it up

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"point" 1: Those things are carries out by scum. They are not exclusive to any one faith...

"point" 2: your whole agenda is full of those lies that claim it is only in Islam these things are found.  

"point" 3: That was not what you asked. However I do not condemn a faith because of prejudices found throughout humanity.

"point" 4: I'm not shouting but I will highlight bigots and bigotry when I see it.

And I see it all over this thread.

I agree such acts are carried out by scum, but Islam is the only religion, to my knowledge that both preaches and practices homophobia, misogyny and child rape. If I am wrong or lying, I have already invited you to tell me of another religion that does so 

I don't have any agenda, the truth is my only dictum, so tell me what lies I have told, and I will address them immediately  

Do you mean prejudices against child rape, gender inequality and homophobia  …… ??

Sure you will highlight what you consider bigotry, but you get the zigg if I highlight child rape as part of the Islamic culture ….. jog on will ya

Religion is simply a way to part a fool from his money, been doing that from day one yet many do not see it as think after death you go to higher places.

Utter bull if you look at it, every religion has a leader just too many gods for my liking so all of them are the Gods of the Brownstuff

4 minutes ago, JohnLick said:

So Muslim = scum... considering no other places than the ones controlled by them consider raping kids, raping women, killing gays etc as normal

thanks for clearing it up

No, not what I said. 

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I agree such acts are carried out by scum, but Islam is the only religion, to my knowledge that both preaches and practices homophobia, misogyny and child rape. If I am wrong or lying, I have already invited you to tell me of another religion that does so 

I don't have any agenda, the truth is my only dictum, so tell me what lies I have told, and I will address them immediately  

Do you mean prejudices against child rape, gender inequality and homophobia  …… ??

Sure you will highlight what you consider bigotry, but you get the zigg if I highlight child rape as part of the Islamic culture ….. jog on will ya

None of these things are to do with faith. 

They are to do with those who abuse others. They are the actions of scum, not faith. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Religion is simply a way to part a fool from his money, been doing that from day one yet many do not see it as think after death you go to higher places.

Utter bull if you look at it, every religion has a leader just too many gods for my liking so all of them are the Gods of the Brownstuff

Agreed. But how  do you legislate  or  prevent  blind  stupidity?