Foreigner Marry In Thai

Nyuu

Hi, iam just wondering, can foreigners (2 different nationality) get marry in Thai?

if so what do they need? like:

- what papers

- how long it takes

- where can register (or maybe hire a lawfirm? where?)

appreciate for any answer. :o

Hi, iam just wondering, can foreigners (2 different nationality) get marry in Thai?

- what papers

- how long it takes

Yes they can...rockstars and movie stars do it all the time....There are some resorts in Phuket that have wedding packages for foreigners....

- what papers

- how long it takes

Yes they can...rockstars and movie stars do it all the time....There are some resorts in Phuket that have wedding packages for foreigners....

there are reports that they simply enjoy a Buddhist blessing and do the civil cemonary back home for the legalities .

I am not sure those are legal weddings,

in the same way that a Thai ceremony is not a legal wedding.

The legal part is the paperwork at the Amphur office,

which is totally without ceremony.

I am not sure those are legal weddings,

in the same way that a Thai ceremony is not a legal wedding.

The legal part is the paperwork at the Amphur office,

which is totally without ceremony.

The A listers usually take their own celebrants along with them...

As far as I know the resort packages are legal weddings and sorry Nyuu, I dont know any numbers...it is something I can remember from years ago...Run a Google search...you may find something.

Yes two foreigners get married the same as a foreigner and Thai - by obtaining paperwork from the Embassy (single and able to marry), having it translated into Thai and registered at the Ministry of foreign Affairs and the having it registered at a District Office. This formal signing can take place outside of the government office at small additional costs for the person involved and resorts/underwater/what have you are all done here. I am sure some of the translations places could also provide full service but most major hotels and resorts will have such experience if your pockets are a little deeper.

You may find procedure outlined on some Embassy web sites I believe.