Thai Pig Farmers Complain Trump Is Porking Them

snoop1130

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

trumppork-696x522.jpg

'I don't want Mr. Trump's pork, I am afraid to die,' reads a banner held by Trump-masked representatives of the Northeastern Swine Breeders Association on Friday at Impact Muang Thong Thani.

BANGKOK — On one banner, American president Donald Trump was depicted as a sharp-fanged pig. On another, he was being burnt at the stake.

Such banners framed a Bangkok stage upon which speaker after speaker denounced the 71-year-old leader as a stone-hearted and greedy businessman out to destroy Thai people’s livelihoods.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/10/02/thai-pig-farmers-complain-trump-porking/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-2

So where does one start

It was stated that only products not consumed by Americans would be exported ( considering the number of rituals here It would not hurt )

? do they grow wheat here - If not why the duty

Do not the Thais know that their products are at a much less Tariff Policy around the world then their imports ? But we still pay alot more for them

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

destroy Thai people’s livelihoods

Look closer to home for those who are doing this, then let the USA bang 200% on rice imports and other goods that arrive from here, then they can complain about who is being porked

The USA is being porked with the local import tax on goods from the states and all other countries. 300% on Aus wine which you can buy cheaper in the EU than here and its been transported across the globe.

Porked yes but done here only

Edited by wakeupplease

11 hours ago, farq said:

Thailand doesn't want or need that rubbish from the US. Fed on GMO grain, filled up with antibiotics and steroids, no thanks!!

TGF's mother sells fertilizer to rice farmers. You should see what's in that <deleted>!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

11 hours ago, farq said:

How does that solve the problem?! The problem will only be solved when the US are told that Thailand doesn't want their rubbish!

No, Thailand can make the same rubbish,so way import it ?

Or do you think thai chicken and pigs have no antibiotics  in them ?

Probably even more !Since nobody respects any law here.

I understand the views of the workers in the pig farms here, they know little else other than their industry.

However I find it difficult to go with any complaint against trade made by the Thais when they themselves are such a protectionist nation when the big picture is looked at.

I also think it may not be the wisest move to threaten Trump, it may well backfire.

Given the tariffs and duties on items shipped from the US to Thailand, I have about a thimble full of sympathy for a country who has protectionism down to an art form.  Quid pro quo.  Dry eyes here!

15 hours ago, hstew said:

i would much rather eat US "rubbish" pork ANY DAY over the poison pork from a dirty / infected banana republic who cares nothing about hygiene

Go ahead, close your eyes and enjoy US pork.....

4 hours ago, connda said:

Given the tariffs and duties on items shipped from the US to Thailand, I have about a thimble full of sympathy for a country who has protectionism down to an art form.  Quid pro quo.  Dry eyes here!

Yeah they won't hurt Thai producers. It's a option for high end buyere

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

trumppork-696x522.jpg

'I don't want Mr. Trump's pork, I am afraid to die,' reads a banner held by Trump-masked representatives of the Northeastern Swine Breeders Association on Friday at Impact Muang Thong Thani.

BANGKOK — On one banner, American president Donald Trump was depicted as a sharp-fanged pig. On another, he was being burnt at the stake.

Such banners framed a Bangkok stage upon which speaker after speaker denounced the 71-year-old leader as a stone-hearted and greedy businessman out to destroy Thai people’s livelihoods.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/10/02/thai-pig-farmers-complain-trump-porking/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-2

His afraid to die lol. You pork has 0 health checks old man. No antibiotics nothing. Could be eating diseased pork.

24 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Go ahead, close your eyes and enjoy US pork.....

I would have thought that the US would have had a meat inspection requirement which would be light years ahead of whatever thailand has (especially so for pork!)... but that's not really the issue here.

as with all products, Thai people can choose to support Thai farmers.... or not, and in this issue, I think there is some exploitation of the uneducated by local interested parties

Just now, farcanell said:

I would have thought that the US would have had a meat inspection requirement which would be light years ahead of whatever thailand has (especially so for pork!)... but that's not really the issue here.

as with all products, Thai people can choose to support Thai farmers.... or not, and in this issue, I think there is some exploitation of the uneducated by local interested parties

Of course same as Australia..Thailand is non existing 

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

Thais because the majority of them have below avg earnings will choose the cheapest one, hence why high custom tariffs are quite effective to keeping competition to a minimum. 

Bingo exactly right

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The US will reply,we don't want your shrimp.tit for tat.

regards worgeordie

I'm reasonably certain the US doesn't want shrimp heads and intestines now.  Import those pig heads and pig intestines or stop exporting cars to the US.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:52 PM, worgeordie said:

The US will reply,we don't want your shrimp.tit for tat.

regards worgeordie

They have already banned shrimp from Vietnam, surprised they allow Thai shrimp to be imported.