Only a matter of time before someone is killed in South Pattaya - say residents

webfact

Only a matter of time before someone is killed in South Pattaya - say residents

2am.jpgPicture: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- Furious residents believe it is only a matter of time before someone is killed as a South Pattaya demolition job continues to terrify locals.

Last month corrugated iron fell into the street and other material was seen precariously flapping in high winds.

Now a third floor wall has collapsed breaking though and bringing with it more corrugated iron.

No one was killed and there were no injuries but residents want the authorities to act before it is too late.

The trouble is at the demolition of the Boutique Hotel in Soi VC, reported Sanook.

The hotel was ordered to be demolished after it was illegally extended from 7 to 13 floors.

But the job has been one disaster after another with people in the area fearing to even walk past the teetering structure.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-03

As I can see it, we only have negative solutions here.

Tear it down and somebody will surely die. Let it stand and somebody will surely find a good place for the ever so popular balcony jumping. :crazy:

Death is upon us, death is eminent......

Edited by Get Real

I've kinda withheld an opinion on the Junta, but. this is FAILURE.

I worked 18 months or so for a Thai company as a consultant/trainer, and NO MATTER WHAT I SAID, the workers would just grin at me and do it however they wanted to do the work.

It was probably the most unfulfilling job I ever had.

Suppose I has delusions of grandeur, in that I figured I could turn them into a highly efficient, productive crew...NOPE.

I quit, as I could not figure out what purpose I was serving, other than to present a Farang face to the customer on occasion.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Tear it down and somebody will surely die. Let it stand and somebody will surely find a good place for the ever so popular balcony jumping. :crazy:

Or turn into a place for squatters.

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

I worked 18 months or so for a Thai company as a consultant/trainer, and NO MATTER WHAT I SAID, the workers would just grin at me and do it however they wanted to do the work.

Suppose I has delusions of grandeur, in that I figured I could turn them into a highly efficient, productive crew...NOPE.

I quit, as I could not figure out what purpose I was serving, other than to present a Farang face to the customer on occasion.

An excellent appraisal of the difficulties faced when dealing with Thai workers....... pushing it a bit to blame the junta for years of neglect and culture.

Resident can be as furious as they want. Tea money didn't get paid, so the illegally modified hotel was ordered torn down. The hotel owner probably ran away to avoid having to pay to have the entire building razed and removed, at enormous cost. Now it will just sit like this. Take a picture next year and let's see how it looks.

The problem is simply lack of resources.

The Thai way is to employ one bloke with a toothpick and a plastic spade and bucket to do the demolition. As usual with the Thai way, it's simply inadequate.

They just need to put in a proper demolition team, evacuate the immediate area for the duration, and send the entire bill to the land owner. If he doesnt pay within 7 days, confiscate the land and any other assets he may have, and jail him until he does pay.

24 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

What does anyone have to do to get the sack from any job in Thailand!

Turning up for work on time, 

Staying at work for the full shift.

Knowing your job.

Not having a smart phone to surf the Webb, on shift,   with you.

Telling the truth. ( big no no,  people loose face )

Maybe there are a few more  :smile:

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Welcome to the third world part of Thai culture.  It is not all like that but sometimes it seems like it.  Very disappointing experience.  We have had builders like that.  You were being paid to put up with that unlike us who were paying.  The painting and preparation of concrete to paint was the worst.  I will be redoing bits of it for years.  TIT.

Edited by The Deerhunter

5 hours ago, jaywalker said:

assume, you had projects as a consultant or trainer before, where you were successful.

Sorry - but this Thailand "case study" sounds more like your personal failure and not the junta's failure.

Did you get some intercultural training, before accepting the job?

Additionally, it could also be a question of "lost in translation" ...

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Do you mean eminent or imminent?:giggle:

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Yep,,,There are Two ways to do things,,That's the Right way ,,The Second is The Thai way..

It's very simple. 

The government has not a clue what's going on. All these bananas care about is payments.

Reforms

1 : RTP audit all heads ( no committee cabinets or any other money spending decoys required )

2 : City Hall bosses forget reform.there all employed based on family connection and deserve to thrown. Not escored straight down the stairs.

3 : Employ real people from developed education backgrounds. Who have experienced western operations

4 : Get a real PM

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Hah... what about those massive unsecured boats being wheeled around on trailers with under inflated different sized tires. The boat ramps in jomtein are a war zone of carbon spewing tractors driven by wild men dragging these monsters through and among the tourists..... twice a day during peak time. I'm waiting for a tire to blow and tip one of these.... hopefully with noone beneath it.

City Hall should be removed 

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

Resident can be as furious as they want. Tea money didn't get paid, so the illegally modified hotel was ordered torn down. The hotel owner probably ran away to avoid having to pay to have the entire building razed and removed, at enormous cost. Now it will just sit like this. Take a picture next year and let's see how it looks.

What a government this is what you vote for. I would rather vote for the bar girl

People get killed in South Pattaya all the time, not sure getting squashed by falling building debris would be any worse then being beaten by a ladyboy gang, run over by a taxi, thrown from a balcony or poisoned by a rice farmers daughter. This is Thailand.

5 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I can't believe that the original contractor is still on the job!  What does anyone have to do to get the sack from any job in Thailand!

These situations are so easily prevented, but nobody gives a toss!

Go to the Bureau of Inactive Posts, and you might get an answer to your question!

Death how much is that cost 3 or 4 thousand Baht enclosing the whole building with scaffolding and mesh to protect the public while demolishing work is in progress cost ???? more than 4000 Baht  Easy Thai decision.