Phuket’s public toilets to get tourism boost

webfact

Phuket’s public toilets to get tourism boost

The Phuket News

1506939340_6480-org.jpg

In March this year Wichit Municipality won Best Public Park Toilet for the facilities at the Elderly Relaxing Centre at Wichit Public Park. Photo: Phuket Provincial Health Office

PHUKET: -- Tourism officials from Bangkok have unveiled plans to improve public toilets across the island in the hope of improving tourist’s “experience” while on holiday in Phuket.

The news was announced at a Department of Tourism and Sports meeting held at the Royal Phuket City Hotel in Phuket Town today (Oct 2).

Leading the meeting was Wanthana Jangprajack, Director of the Division of Tourism Service Development under the Ministry of Tourism & Sports in Bangkok.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-public-toilets-to-get-tourism-boost-64134.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-03

6 hours ago, jobwolf said:

Which ever is fine, the 4 km stretch of Patong Beach has only 3 of them and one is on the opposite side of the main road.

Patong beach is 2.6km long (thats from the roundabout at south end near Sea View Resort to the Dolphin roundabout at North end) but the main thing is the charge for WCs and for use of a shower - do not want to miss an opportunity to make a few baht from the tourists do we? 

By the smell of urine in other areas around the beach front it appears there is not much call for the bogs from the male 'Beach Team'

6 hours ago, pest said:

um ok where are they hidden? Never seen any yet

There one on promenade roughly facing Patong Tower and there is one towards North end on prom facing Muslim Cemetery, have toilets and shower, charge payable for each

8 hours ago, Lokie said:

There one on promenade roughly facing Patong Tower and there is one towards North end on prom facing Muslim Cemetery, have toilets and shower, charge payable for each

Good information. Thank you.

If they ever manage to clean waste water to the point where I would consider go in the water at Patong beach I know where to go.

16 hours ago, jobwolf said:

Which ever is fine, the 4 km stretch of Patong Beach has only 3 of them and one is on the opposite side of the main road.

I think that's three more than the longer Karon Beach. Please correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm not aware of any public toilets anywhere in Karon.

36 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I think that's three more than the longer Karon Beach. Please correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm not aware of any public toilets anywhere in Karon.

Years ago there was one facility down towards Centara by the sh*** lagoon.  Haven't been there in years, so not sure about now.  However, if wanting to be at an international standard **cough cough** Restrooms and shower and changing facilities should be every 500 metres or so along Phuket's most popular attractions, the beaches.

Well for Patong 'participants' the charge is 5 Baht for Toilet and 20 Baht for shower, as said one opposite Patong Tower on beach prom and one just past Loma Park opposite Muslim Cemetery.

But if you is really cheap Charlies obviously you can always go for a Mc - $ hit in Maccy Ds or Burger King (any other fast food outlet) in and out without buying anything is a Mc-$hit as in Roger Smellies profanisaurus, doing it on someone else's crapper is termed a 'Foreigner' 

http://viz.co.uk/category/rogers-profanisaurus/page/2/

5 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Years ago there was one facility down towards Centara by the sh*** lagoon.  Haven't been there in years, so not sure about now.  However, if wanting to be at an international standard **cough cough** Restrooms and shower and changing facilities should be every 500 metres or so along Phuket's most popular attractions, the beaches.

Yes it's still there by the corner end of the Lagoon nearest the main road. I cannot think of another along the enire stretch of Karon beach .... shocking