Blacklist

15 hours ago, vasudev said:

I have been blacklisted by thai immigration and banned for 5 yrs. (i was living in thailand from last 25 yrs)

Now my thai wife has appeal in immigration against this ban and our lawyer has given us some hope.

My question is what happens after i get removed from blacklist( legally) do i get some papers from immigration office that i m not blacklisted anymore as i dont want to be in any big trouble at my arrival on svarnbhumi airport

Does to get non -o visa (marriage visa)means that i m not blacklisted in thailand anymore?

Thanx eyeryone

Just for the hell of it try to enter the Kingdom through an easy land border and see what happens. Nong Khai comes to mind. 

4 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Just for the hell of it try to enter the Kingdom through an easy land border and see what happens. Nong Khai comes to mind.

That will not work. The officer on entry will still see the banning on their computer.

Like in India if court cases drag on for ages in Thailand, then whats the point? But if I were you I would pursue the case so as not to lose face before my Thai wife. I understand you fighting to the last, my man. More power to you!

4 hours ago, dapperdan said:

If they don't want me I don't want them. If ever blacklisted I'm gone for good. Do the same. Go back to your country apply for your wife to come and put this place behind you.

I can think of many nicer places than "your (my) country," which is run for the benefit of everyone except it's own citizens.  I certainly would not subject my Thai wife to it. 

If I were the OP, I'd set up closer to Thailand, where his family can at least visit him while this process takes its course.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I can think of many nicer places than "your (my) country," which is run for the benefit of everyone except it's own citizens.  I certainly would not subject my Thai wife to it. 

If I were the OP, I'd set up closer to Thailand, where his family can at least visit him while this process takes its course.

Can you please mention some that come to your mind which are nicer and where he can sell his coconuts:-) ( if he was selling coconuts that is)

Edited by Aditi Sharma
correction

Mr Vasudev, you have helped perpetuate the bad reputation Indians have in Thailand. No wonder I am not offended when somebody like Sri Thanonchai says that  "Indians, Pakistan, Africans, Bangladesh etc would not be considered for any appeal, understand!!!, Nationality does matter." You should of been more discreet with your name and your case. Not that you had no right to seek help or make a full breast of your predicament to forum members.

1 minute ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Can you please mention some that come to your mind which are nicer and where he can sell his coconuts:-) ( if he was selling coconuts that is)

It depends on one's income-source - mine is overseas.  In my case, a better cost-of-living / quality-of-living equation is available in most countries outside of North America and Western Europe, though I would avoid places where I might be killed for being the "wrong" color or religion. 

As for the OP, Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines (in the region) - with the first 2 being easiest/cheapest for his Thai family to visit.  If he needs to work 'a job' where he lives, that is easier to do legally in Cambodia and Vietnam than Thailand.

As far as the ...

3 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

...Nationality does matter ...

bit of the other poster:  Money is the same color no matter the skin-color of the person holding it.  What would be required to get the ban lifted would, I suspect, be more dependent on "how much money" than "national origin" - though the latter might change the negotiated price.

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Ihat would be required to get the ban lifted would, I suspect, be more dependent on "how much money" than "national origin" - though the latter might change the negotiated price.

And would you say that Indians would be able to get out paying substantially less than Americans? Or would you say that would depend on negotiation skills? That's another kettle of fish. Americans would Win hands down in my experience.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

1 minute ago, Aditi Sharma said:

And would you say that Indians would be able to get out paying substantially less than Americans? Or would you say that would depend on negotiation skills? That's another kettle of fish. Americans would Win hands down in my experience.

That would depend entirely on the perspectives of the Thai persons involved in lifting the ban and the lawyer's "connections."  Do they like people of Indian-origin here, or not?  Does the lawyer have "friends in high places" who can call in favors, or not? 

I would guess a Lao citizen would have the easiest time, based on general attitudes - but that is just speculation on my part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

That would depend entirely on the perspectives of the Thai persons involved in lifting the ban and the lawyer's "connections."  Do they like people of Indian-origin here, or not?  Does the lawyer have "friends in high places" who can call in favors, or not? 

I would guess a Lao citizen would have the easiest time, based on general attitudes - but that is just speculation on my part.

Wow, if this should not give him enough hope then nothing else will. 

You bet, most Thais have Lao as their second language. 

41 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Apologies to Vasudev if he has genuinely felt bad for my suggesting that he might have been selling coconuts. Though I would kill for having Thai coconuts in Mumbai!!! Bad joke:-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

AFAIK Thailand is not a subscriber to the APIS system which was established by the US Customs & Border Protection.

FYI - APIS was designed and implemented as a joint venture between the USA and the UK following 911.   Currently 16 countries, including Thailand, use the APIS.  Thailand started operating the system about 2 years ago and has gradually phasing in the international airlines.

6 hours ago, Mattd said:

Thailand do have their own version now.

http://www.thai-apps.com/en/

FYI - APIS and APPS are one and the same system.... its just that the Airport Authority of Thailand chose to use their own title for the system.   If they were different systems every international airline flying into, and out of, Thailand would require a separate system just for Thailand and that isn't going to happen.

14 minutes ago, Sri Thanonchai said:

Insufficient information Ubonjoe he will be apprehend, taken to IDC and deported to his home country 

If the OP attempted to make a crossing at any land post the moment the IO scans his passport theOP's history will be displayed on the IO's screen.  The IO will see that he has been banned for 5 years and the reason(s) why.   As technically the OP has not entered Thailand, the IO would just refuse him entry on the grounds that he is a person who is banned and send him back from where he came.

Edited by 007 RED
typo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sri Thanonchai said:

Insufficient information Ubonjoe he will be apprehend, taken to IDC and deported to his home country 

Not unless he was already in the country. He would just be denied entry and sent back to Laos.

13 minutes ago, Sri Thanonchai said:

Incorrect entered from Cambodia 

This is the post I replying to.

3 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Nong Khai is one of entry points from Laos.

Has nobody who has been here been able to get their blacklisted status removed? Or seen it removed?

Is there no alternative to waiting 5 years? 

What does he do after 5 years?  Contact his embassy for a visa? 

When does the ban period of 5 years start? From the point he was deported?

What should his lawyer try to achieve in order to reduce the ban period? If he find a precedent in one province where the ban period was reduced would it be relevant to the OP's case?

Can the OP engage an Indian lawyer to argue his case in a Thai court?

Vasudev, in your own words why were you blacklisted?  If you lived here for 25 years I assume that you must have been living here on either a marriage or retirement Non-Immigrant-O Visa.  Am I correct about that?  What happened did you just not extend your stay or not get a new visa or something?  I don't understand how someone who has been living in Thailand for 25 years suddenly gets blacklisted.  I'm not judging or anything I'm just curious how you just suddenly ended up in that situation.