Blacklist

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Please read the entire thread. The legal reason (if it matters) is in the first page but is also covered specifically in an earlier, longer thread by the OP which in itself is very enlightening and makes good reading about the actualities of company law with respect to property ownership versus the imponderables of Immigration and their blacklist 'law'.

Th reason for overstay has absolutely NO bearing on what the OP is pursuing in this thread.

Good luck to the OP.

Yes it Has,,,,If he did Everything Right That he would have NOT being Blacklisted,,, 

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

As stated above, consulates have no access to immigration blacklists. Being issued with a visa will probably not even allow you to check in for your flight to Thailand. The Advance Passenger Information System will alert immigration of your intention to travel, and immigration will tell the airline you will not be admitted.

AFAIK Thailand is not a subscriber to the APIS system which was established by the US Customs & Border Protection.

6 minutes ago, Sri Thanonchai said:

The original post person for this thread on Blacklist I have pulled up on Imm database, his Nationality is Indian, which if stated in Post would explain everything, Blacklist can not be removed for African, Indian, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc 

It seems to be a world wide phenomena that people, once in the computer data base, might have the right to be "removed", but in reality the blacklist will always be visible to the officers and those who'd like to " find something" to deny entry. 

I'm afraid that it's the best to get in touch with the main office in Bangkok, or the specific Immigration.

http://www.thaiimmigration.org/thai-immigration-details.html

Just now, digger70 said:

Yes it Has,,,,If he did Everything Right That he would have NOT being Blacklisted,,, 

Already had this non-debate in the longer, earlier thread... which made it longer than it had to be, like this one probably will be if the 'holier than thou' members keep posting.

FWIW: The OP knows what he did wrong, admitted guilt in a Thai court of law and was fined and blacklisted for it.

End of.

• Like 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

Already had this non-debate in the longer, earlier thread... which made it longer than it had to be, like this one probably will be if the 'holier than thou' members keep posting.

FWIW: The OP knows what he did wrong, admitted guilt in a Thai court of law and was fined and blacklisted for it.

End of.

So that's it ,,,a 5 year ban,,, Why get a Lawyer  He Won't Win.Wasting his time and money.Come back in 5 years or find a better place where he can do things wrong.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As stated above, consulates have no access to immigration blacklists. Being issued with a visa will probably not even allow you to check in for your flight to Thailand. The Advance Passenger Information System will alert immigration of your intention to travel, and immigration will tell the airline you will not be admitted.

AFAIK Thailand is not a subscriber to the APIS system which was established by the US Customs & Border Protection.

It has been introduced for many countries. It was only introduced for Thailand within the last couple of years. Here is a link that shows which countries it applies to for ANA flights: https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/th/e/asw_common/prepare/information/api/

EDIT: I think APIS is what the airlines use to provide the information to Thai immigration, and APPS is what immigration use internally to match passengers against their own database.

Edited by BritTim
APIS versus APPS

32 minutes ago, Sri Thanonchai said:

The original post person for this thread on Blacklist I have pulled up on Imm database, his Nationality is Indian, which if stated in Post would explain everything, Blacklist can not be removed for African, Indian, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc 

So it means no hope ? Even if my thai wife is appealing?

11 minutes ago, vasudev said:

I am no expert, but my understanding is that compassionate grounds cannot be used to cancel blacklisting within a short time of its imposition. What I understand can work is the following:

• Your lawyers locate the police officer who originally recommended your blacklisting, and "persuade" him to reverse his recommendation.
  • Armed with this, your lawyer approaches a very senior immigration official, and "persuades" him that the blacklisting was done "in error"

Under those circumstances, the "error" can be corrected. This would be extremely expensive.

• Like 1

Your lawyer, if they succeed in having you removed from the blacklist on compassionate grounds, would presumably be able to furnish you with documentation to prove it.

Believe it or not, an ex-friend of mine (deceased) got removed from his blacklist ban after about 14 years overstay.  He retired from Military in 1986 and never left.  His lawyer used the excuse he had lived in Thailand so long he couldn't live in a cold country, and could possibly die, of course that was in 2000, so maybe the IM laws were more relaxed then.  It worked, he was allowed back from the US and died happily in Pattaya in 2010. (again on overstay).:smile:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vasudev said:

No it does not. She can try based upon it being given improperly in my opinion. I don't think a person's nationality makes any difference.

If might mean having to do it through the administrative court or perhaps even contacting the ombudsman's office might get some results.

5 hours ago, visarunner said:

You can appeal after 5 years, that is the earliest.

BTW to change passport and name does not help because your  personal number does not change.

The earliest you can appeal is after you 'serve' your time?

What is the personal number that does not change?

Terry

12 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

The earliest you can appeal is after you 'serve' your time?

What is the personal number that does not change?

Terry

Blacklist, if you convinced by court, is always 100 years and the earliest you can file an appeal is after 5 years.

In the "barcode" of every passport there is more info embedded than you see. I do not know the exact wording

but they store the data of previous passport details too.

30 minutes ago, visarunner said:

Blacklist, if you convinced by court, is always 100 years

Technically this is correct, the OP was deported with a 5 year ban on entering Thailand, not blacklisted in the true sense of the word.

I do not think that the machine readable part of a passport contains any previous passport data, see the Wiki article on what is contained

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport

Most countries will link previous passports by Nationality, Surname and DOB and if from a country that issue, then the personal i.d. number.

14 hours ago, vasudev said:

I have been blacklisted by thai immigration and banned for 5 yrs. (i was living in thailand from last 25 yrs)

Now my thai wife has appeal in immigration against this ban and our lawyer has given us some hope.

My question is what happens after i get removed from blacklist( legally) do i get some papers from immigration office that i m not blacklisted anymore as i dont want to be in any big trouble at my arrival on svarnbhumi airport

Does to get non -o visa (marriage visa)means that i m not blacklisted in thailand anymore?

Thanx eyeryone

How does one appeal a blacklist?

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

It has been introduced for many countries. It was only introduced for Thailand within the last couple of years. Here is a link that shows which countries it applies to for ANA flights: https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/th/e/asw_common/prepare/information/api/

EDIT: I think APIS is what the airlines use to provide the information to Thai immigration, and APPS is what immigration use internally to match passengers against their own database.

Your're almost there.

APIS is the American government system that has airlines servicing the US from about two dozen countries contributing passenger info.

Antigua
Australia
Barbados
Canada
China
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Grenada
India
Ireland
Jamaica
Japan
Maldives
Mexico
Republic of Korea
Russian Federation
Saint Lucia
Spain (except for Schengen zone passengers)
Taiwan
Trinidad & Tobago
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

The airlines use it to report passenger details to the US CBP. When travelling to or from these countries, passengers are required to provide advance passenger information (API) before they check in or they will be unable to fly.

APPS is the local, home-grown derivative where Thai Immigration and Customs load the database with every person who enters, exits or transits Thailand. Airlines access this database to see if they are clear to board or are denied boarding.

AFAIK is not at all linked to APIS.