Blacklist

I have been blacklisted by thai immigration and banned for 5 yrs. (i was living in thailand from last 25 yrs)

Now my thai wife has appeal in immigration against this ban and our lawyer has given us some hope.

My question is what happens after i get removed from blacklist( legally) do i get some papers from immigration office that i m not blacklisted anymore as i dont want to be in any big trouble at my arrival on svarnbhumi airport

Does to get non -o visa (marriage visa)means that i m not blacklisted in thailand anymore?

Thanx eyeryone

His question was the following;

"what happens after i get removed from blacklist( legally) do i get some papers from immigration office that i m not blacklisted anymore"

--------------------------------------------------------

Intresting to know,, if somebody could answer this...

Glegolo

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

Getting a visa does not mean you're off the blacklist. Theres not much point applying until you've written confirmation that you're off the list.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

Getting a visa does not mean you're off the blacklist. Theres not much point applying until you've written confirmation that you're off the list.

Does the immigration and embassies dont share the same computer data base?

You can appeal after 5 years, that is the earliest.

Once you get approval you will be removed from Blacklist, but they will maintain a lock on your name. 

Means every time when you leave and come back you will be ask to show the "approval letter".

BTW to change passport and name does not help because your  personal number does not change.

No need for a lawyer, that is a waste. Your wife can do, but earliest after 5 years.

• Like 2

Does any one really know how this "Black List" works.

Seems like some type of public legal proceedings would be requiter,

Who approves the addition of some one to the list?

It could be a dangerous tool in the wrong hands.

Is it public, who administers it, who has access to it?

How are you notified you are on this "Black List".

Lots of questions but no answers!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Can we know the reason you were blacklisted?

He set up a Thai company with fake (non-existent) nominees, perhaps for the purpose of home purchase, not sure.

Edited by tonray

8 hours ago, vasudev said:

our lawyer has given us some hope.

You mean hes given himself hope of drawing a nice monthly salary of you for as long as he can string you along for, and i suspect your wife is the go between you and him so therefore even longer. Stated before will state again move to cambodia. Closer for your wife to visit you and she can still look after your MIL.

Edited by jeab1980

14 minutes ago, tonray said:

He set up a Thai company with fake (non-existent) nominees, perhaps for the purpose of home purchase, not sure. He was forced to stay here for trial, the judgement was against him and I believe that he also ran into some overstay issues due to confusion about the special extension for the trial and verdict.

I was not overstay even for single day

Personally, I wouldn’t get your hopes up to high that the ban will be rescinded no matter what your lawyer says.  As was indicated in your previous post (Court case over but black listed) it is going to be an extremely expensive of action in terms of lawyer’s fees and disbursements. Removal of entry bans are extremely rare.

If, and when, the ban has either been terminated, or finished, it is unlikely that immigration will provide you with a letter confirming that the ban has been lifted. Again this is something that they normally will not do.

Please also bear in mind that even if the ban is lifted/finished and you obtain a visa, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the country.  Entry is at the discretion of the IO at the 'port of entry'.  The moment the IO scans your passport, your history will appear on their screen and if the IO has got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning they could refuse you entry for any one of several reasons.

Best of luck

32 minutes ago, farang62 said:

Cambodia is tightening the long term visa loop hole, many changes in Cambodia in the wind. Best to check the new rules and conditions, not that easy anymore.

I am still reliably informed its quite easy and painless. Rumour control is rife over there as it always is here  but thats all it is so far rumours. 

Edited by jeab1980

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not rumor. In the news yesterday.

Still looks relativley easy a letter of employment is easily obtained. I note after all requirements the word OR is inserted im sure the agents are already up to speed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

Personally, I wouldn’t get your hopes up to high that the ban will be rescinded no matter what your lawyer says.  As was indicated in your previous post (Court case over but black listed) it is going to be an extremely expensive of action in terms of lawyer’s fees and disbursements. Removal of entry bans are extremely rare.

If, and when, the ban has either been terminated, or finished, it is unlikely that immigration will provide you with a letter confirming that the ban has been lifted. Again this is something that they normally will not do.

Please also bear in mind that even if the ban is lifted/finished and you obtain a visa, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the country.  Entry is at the discretion of the IO at the 'port of entry'.  The moment the IO scans your passport, your history will appear on their screen and if the IO has got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning they could refuse you entry for any one of several reasons.

Best of luck

Thanx for ur advice

9 hours ago, vasudev said:

I have been blacklisted by thai immigration and banned for 5 yrs.

2 hours ago, visarunner said:

You can appeal after 5 years, that is the earliest.

Surely there wouldn't be much point in appealing after 5 years if the ban is for 5 years?

Or are you saying that you must appeal to allow you to be able to enter Thailand again after the ban is lifted?

Edited by Mattd