18 brands of chocolate products on sale in markets tainted with lead and cadmium

webfact

On 04/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, blackcab said:

I wonder if the chocolate manufacturers will launch multiple criminal defamation suits as they believe the speaker in the OP has caused damage to their reputation that resulted in a loss of profit?

I really hope so but they probably realise they are dealing with a bunch of 5 year olds pretending  to be clever

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/10/2017 at 3:18 PM, xerostar said:

These two sound a bit dodgy ..

Lotte Ghana Black Chocolate Extra Cocoa
Lotte Ghana Extra Cacoa Black

I wonder if Nigeria makes chocolate too ?

Ghana is one the worlds leading exporter of cacoa beans.

Coffee as well. When I lived there so much of the coffee beans were for export that the only available coffee was instant Nescafé shit. 

But I did live in a fairly isolated region of the country. 

Edited by Bluespunk

15 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Sometimes a particular natural substance has naturally occurring things we consider bad. Is this true in this case?

Getting from the pod of the cacao to chocolate requires a lot of processing.   The more processing that something goes through, then the greater the chance of contamination.  

On 10/4/2017 at 4:38 PM, champers said:

The truth is out. A KitKat puts lead in your pencil. A tasty alternative to those blue tablets.

I still refuse to knowingly buy ANY Nestles products after their drinking water monopoly admissions several years ago. Even at a restaurant, when I order bottled water, if it is Nestle I send it back.