Elections most likely in 2019: PM Prayut

webfact

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

The longer he's in, the better.It will take decades to reverse the corruption cancer in this country. Imo the sophistication of the people allows them to be too easily misled by political opportunists. The present military have made a difference, they should keep going. 

If what you say was true, I would have thought that they had sorted out the corruption in the 8 decades they are ruling already.

Or could it be that they are actually the reason for the corruption?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

The longer he's in, the better.It will take decades to reverse the corruption cancer in this country. Imo the sophistication of the people allows them to be too easily misled by political opportunists. The present military have made a difference, they should keep going. 

Reverse the corruption cancer! Lordy, it got worse and the military can't be investigated nor comment. Those who dare got dragged off the streets, ordered to military camp, arrested before they made it to the park and some die in custody. Anyone investigating the massive military hardware purchases? Don't think so. Take off your green shade mate. 

What a joke, elections, why bother,  Prayuth has already picked/appointed 250 senators, so who it there to vote for? all seats have already been filled to assure that the status quo will be kept, and the man in charge will be dictating what gets passe and not passed. 

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

A bit early in the morning to be on the bottle......

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Great news  !   hope it is postponed again ....  all the nayers will have plenty of time to relocate.

Khun Prayuth has done an excellent job in the US and speaking to the Trump administration.

81627ce4c9fc61716b57c10503e6ab80.jpg

Yep, and you probably believe that the earth is flat as a pancake too. :cheesy:

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Great news  !   hope it is postponed again ....  all the nayers will have plenty of time to relocate.

Khun Prayuth has done an excellent job in the US and speaking to the Trump administration.

I think the frame with the portrait of him hanging over your bed is leaning.

Edited by Lupatria

And how lovely of him to announce it at the centre for adults with learning difficulties!

:clap2:...good one!

...oh...wait...you are serious?!

3 hours ago, SABloke said:

I think he's getting overconfident and his delusions of grandeur are going to his head. He used to dangle the carrot not too close but not too far - now talking of 2019 (which might only be 15 months away but 'feels' like two years) could start to stir the pot a bit too much. When was the last time a Junta was in power for 5 years?

Exactly. He doesn't seem to realise that Thai people have just about reached their limit or if he does he couldn't give pigs arse. Thailand, Cambodia, Myamar, all heading the same way, complete despotic rule.

This will coincide with Trumps second term run. Making future elections shoulder to shoulder with other western electoral processes. When there is movement in the background it can be difficult to focus on what is happening in the foreground. This could be a serious statement by the General, placing Thailand in sync with at least election processes practiced in western societies. It's an interesting timeframe he has chosen, given he has just visited the USA. It could also be a way to keep the shell game going while there will be much focus on Trumps second term bid. Again, very interesting timeframe.

13 minutes ago, Happy Time Thai said:

This will coincide with Trumps second term run. Making future elections shoulder to shoulder with other western electoral processes. When there is movement in the background it can be difficult to focus on what is happening in the foreground. This could be a serious statement by the General, placing Thailand in sync with at least election processes practiced in western societies. It's an interesting timeframe he has chosen, given he has just visited the USA. It could also be a way to keep the shell game going while there will be much focus on Trumps second term bid. Again, very interesting timeframe.

Elections have been promised in mid 2015, late 2015, early 2016, mid 2016, late 2016, early 2017, mid 2017, late 2017, mid 2018 and late 2018. What makes you think this latest 'assurance' is any more believable and would you like to buy a space shuttle? 

Edited by baboon

18 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

As I noted on the previous related thread, this guys head is now going to swell to massive proportions. The biggest surprise will be that if genuine elections actually take place at all.

Never going to happen but unlike some here I think elections WILL happen but they will have no relation to what we normally call 'democracy' and I predict they will come up with many tag lines 'Thai style democracy' etc. but the result will be the same keeping the country in the dark ages and Thais, is has to be said, don't show any stomach to change it as they have in many other places so 'som nam na' as the rich get richer.

81627ce4c9fc61716b57c10503e6ab80.jpg.46e

6 hours ago, webfact said:

During an hour-long talk, Prayut was asked whether he would compete in the next general election. He replied that he would have to seek party members first. 

No change, apart from those hands, groping Mrs P . . . and right next to hubby, too. Even his answer to the straightforward Q, 'whether he would compete in the next general election', gets the sort of answer we've come to expect from him. Does he know that 'seek' means 'search for' and, if so, just where are those 'party members' hiding? The man is an utter clown, whether opening his mouth, clearing the August floods from Isan streets or driving an iron buffalo, a safe distance away from BKK. I can't believe he was much better with a gun in his hands . . . what a terrifying thought!

Could be my forecast of an early election, feeding off 'good' US trip vibes, is doomed, after all this 'organic law drafting'. Nine months to draft 10 laws . . . how many brains are involved in this assembly of assorted gobbligook?

2018, 2019, 2020 . . . what the hell? I'm just going to sit back and watch it all happen, hoping that my laughter doesn't disturb the neighbours.

I'm cutting down my visits to t-v, too, it's getting so slow. Maybe a bit of good old US tech is called for, here :smile:

51 minutes ago, tstcman said:

<deleted> this guy. he promised 2018 . i hope he burns in hell.

The words 'promise' and 'apologise' don't have Thai translations . . . did you know that? Only my theory, but I often wonder.

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

What makes you think this latest 'assurance' is any more believable

Especially when the Timeline has an election "delay clause."

March-November 2018: "Completion of the bill review and revision by the Constitutional Court and relevant independent agencies."

"If the bills are dropped, a new round of the legislative process will begin. The timeframe is unknown."

2019 is a long time to wait to see the back of this junta regime. Fractions are forming in the military and there are the extreme left reds that can be very worrying. Big risk and hope he got the smart and humility to hand over his premiership to a civilian and form a coalition government like Prem did. He may prevented a civil war but ultimately may be the cause of igniting a real one. 

28 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

As I noted on the previous related thread, this guys head is now going to swell to massive proportions. The biggest surprise will be that if genuine elections actually take place at all.

'GENUINE' . . . you gotta be joking, the 'upstairs bunch' having already been issued with yellow shirts and guns; yes, all 250 of 'em. Constitutional constipation, if you ask me, and the sooner they pay a visit - a big one - the better . . . the term 'a royal flush' comes to mind.