90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

It would me, but then again I and my country back home have morals.

Huh? The fact that the old lady of some other guy that you don't know from Adam used to be a slapper bothers you?

Really?

You from Amish Country then?

17 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Since San Bernadino, the K-1 Visa has been harder and harder to get, the only saving grace is he met her 'singing in a bar' which deflects any accusation of prostitution marraige.

Really? Was the song that bad?

Many more Visa's are being declined 

Tourist Visa forget it.

I have a couple of buddies in the K1 process.  It has been approaching almost 18 months for both.

Apparently you can track the progress online and it seems their applications are sitting on some desk in Washington.

So sad so long....

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Really? Was the song that bad?

Yeee Haw!!   but I was referring to the San Bernadino Massacre, the perpetrator brought his wife in on a K-1 Visa and hadn't finalized the marraige before the shot up the place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us/san-bernardino-shooting.html

7 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

I estimate the erection will come before the divorce! Solly.

Even when a particular medication will make it easier for him to go for it. She luv he 2 mutch. 

To be honest, I prefer a Donald Duck cartoon book to this story. 

Edited by jenny2017

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

and I find your post hypocritical.

That's all.

Fair play for outing the philandering fool. On one hand he points to 8 years of bliss on another he's hiding a den of short time lovers. Seriously is it even worth bragging about to a bunch of strangers on the Internet forever, no less. 

And...don't cry when you get burnt.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Another jealous bar stool.

Jealous of what? Being another desperate internet lover who finds his way here or Being flotsam, shot out as being considered of no value? Have I hurt your feeling baldy? Can you see yourself in this story?

Just now, Currumbin said:

Jealous of what? Being another desperate internet lover who finds his way here or Being flotsam, shot out as being considered of no value? Have I hurt your feeling baldy? Can you see yourself in this story?

No baldy or oldy but your a bitter pill. You have a beard and your mildly obese and you have body odour even with AC flowing. I'd be bitter too.

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

ROTFLMAO !
She's from a (very) poor village in Beung Kan (on the Lao border next to Nong Khai). She went to Bangkok to find a job, or a "new life". :whistling:

He met her in a bar. (Let me guess, she started working there the same day he showed up ! Those aren't tattoos, they're birthmarks !) :w00t:

After "a week or two" he proposed. Spoiler alert ! She said yes ! :shock1:

He feels like he's just won the lottery. They are planning on moving to America. :intheclub:

Oh, and he had to pay a dowry for her !!!!!! Somehow I don't think he's the one who won the lottery ! :jap:

I don't know, seems like he's also getting something out of it. Sex with a young woman and probably his house taken care of. Maybe he's good with that deal. It's his money and life. Or he could forget about all of It and sit in a bar all day and drink himself to death a lonely old man, bitter and ridiculing Thai/farang relationships on TV forum on his phone all day. To each their own.

He could have spent some more time in Thailand and not go for the first Thai girl he sees. But of course he might been lucky with her, but I hope she can find some Thai friends if she has to move to Kentucky , it will be a different world for her.

Take your time in a relationship , if you act too fast it might hurt in the end. 

While I do wish them success in their relationship, it also seems pie in the sky to meet someone and 10 days later decide to get married. For those who have posted the few success stories with their relationships/marriage after a relatively short "engagement" period, good on you, but the majority of negative comments seems to come from people with experience or know others who have experienced a more negative path.  24 years difference, two different cultures, short engagement period, etc. is not a recipe for success. The one thing I have learned about Thais and farangs is that the thought processes are completely different and that can lead to problems. Let's wish them the best. However, remember the negative comments here are not without justification in most cases.

25 minutes ago, Bantex said:

I don’t see why this should be anyone’s business but their own.

I wish them both all the best for the future.

Hard to keep your business to yourself when you participate in a tv programme on it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

I met a nice young lady in Phuket many years ago that wanted to marry me after 1 day :wub:.

I did manage to not get married then, and after many, many years I did meet "the one" :wub: :wub:. After 18 months ( 1 year living together ) we got married  :partytime2:and a few years later, divorced :sad:.

I guess it's all a gamble anyway, so good luck to him.

If anyone could bottle "essence of Thai girl" and sell it to western women, they'd make a billion $.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Huh? The fact that the old lady of some other guy that you don't know from Adam used to be a slapper bothers you?

Really?

You from Amish Country then?

No not from across the pond.

Its just the idea of a well used or soiled hole that I do not want to get into, a bit like playing darts on a second-hand dartboard.

10 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Dunno, I agreed to marry mine after a week, was married a week later, lasted 8 years so far.

The previous one in the UK, dated for two years and was a complete disaster.

As for the reporting quality .......

Was it his previous wife that weighed 350lbs?

He certainly doesn't look that big.

Good luck to them . . . . . 

I think they'll do OK. . They're both lucky . . . Too many naysayers here

These days love's a lottery, you gotta have a ticket to win it . . . . .