"When dad asks me if I am tired I just lie and say no" - says exhausted 12 year old caring for paralyzed father

webfact

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If i open the link on facebook it says more than a million baht (not 5 million)

Really? Well, my thai is not so good as it should be.....sorry....

but I thought this sentences said thait 5m THB has been collected: โดย มี ยอด เงิน เข้ามา ช่วยเหลือ เป็น  จำนวนเงิน กว่า 5 ล้าน บาท

Edited by mekongsailor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mekongsailor said:

Really? Well, my thai is not so good as it should be.....sorry....

but I thought this sentences said thait 5m THB has been collected: โดย มี ยอด เงิน เข้ามา ช่วยเหลือ เป็น  จำนวนเงิน กว่า 5 ล้าน บาท

Yes, this says 5 mio, but if you open the facebook page now it says "จำนวนเงินกว่าล้านบาท" i think the post on facebook was edited after you copied it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

A poor girl and her paralyzed father desperately needed help.

Now getting help from many people, someTV members kindly donated money, and you are prattling on about  scammers.

Shame on you, my wife checked it out, it is 100% genuine, if you have been following thiss thread, i have clearly stated it is genuine.

You are entirely welcome to your opinion of me and I'll try not to lose any sleep over it, though I dont quite see why you find it necessary to insult me for expressing a general opinion.

Either way, it wont change the simple fact that there are more scams in this country (perpetrated by persons of all skin colours) than one can shake a stick at. I doubt that you or your wife could spot them all, any more than I or anyone else could. The way the quoted figure changed from 5MB to 1MB is precisely why I trust no one here. I've seen it all far too many times before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

You are entirely welcome to your opinion of me and I'll try not to lose any sleep over it, though I dont quite see why you find it necessary to insult me for expressing a general opinion.

Either way, it wont change the simple fact that there are more scams in this country (perpetrated by persons of all skin colours) than one can shake a stick at. I doubt that you or your wife could spot them all, any more than I or anyone else could. The way the quoted figure changed from 5MB to 1MB is precisely why I trust no one here. I've seen it all far too many times before.

Sad fact is there are just as many scammers in the UK and every other country in the world, but you choose only to notice scams here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sad fact is there are just as many scammers in the UK and every other country in the world, but you choose only to notice scams here.

I seriously doubt that there are as many scammers and liars there as here though there surely are some. But that aside I live here not in the UK, and I havent lived in the UK for more than 40 years. For that reason alone I don't comment about the UK, nor do I follow what happens there very closely.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:41 PM, huahinboilerman said:

hello all old boy (72 ) here  always read but don't usually comment.,

i am in uk at the moment   but would like to donate. problem is  it costs 25.00 to send 10.00 

will ask  someone in los to donate on my behalf.

Did you PM jip99?

Hope you took him up on his offer of helping you donate to this very needy cause.

18 hours ago, KittenKong said:

So did you make a donation ?

Or are you posting on this thread for other reasons.

Edited by Jip99
  • Thanks 1

My wife has been in touch with Mr Poramet who has promised her he will forward photos updates soon.

Please be patient we are trying to get the up to date info, but as Poramet has said, his phone facebook have been inundated recently, but he will respond soon.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Jip99 said:

Occasionally, we come across stories like this one that touch a nerve. For obvious reasons it did so with Co,in and he has understandably encouraged our support of this unfortunate family - to see the burden lifted of the child would be enough to persuade me to chip in..

There must be thousands of families in Thailand who are in need of some support, but this one has received attention because of media involvement. I can’t help all worthy causes but. I am content to give focus to this one - I think it was Naam who said, it also makes you feel bl00dy good!

Next week my missus will no doubt take several opportunities to tamboon at the local Wat. Nothing against what she does but I feel that the saffron-robed crowd get enough. I have suggested that she may wish to channel her honorable intentions towards this family’s specific cause. Should she decide to do so I will double what she donates.

This is in no way  intended to make this a peeing competition- that would be totally wrong - it is more of an attempt to encourage my partner to think about a specific needy cause rather than contribute to coffers that are probably full enough already

Over full in many cases, unfortunately..

You wife and Mr Poramat what the problem whit to give some picture on Thai visa ? This start to smell bad colinneil, (

Mr Poramet who has promised her he will forward photos updates soon.

Please be patient we are trying to get the up to date info, but as Poramet has said, his phone facebook have been inundated )

Maybe send a copy of the Bank Book to the Girl and Daddy that help. Or not it`s a big scamming and if a scamming you now what happened.