Anybody know where I can get a quality memory foam mattress?

Old Fool

Had one from HomePro many years ago (albeit a topper), very good quality and on sale, half price. Index seem to go big on beds too so may also be worth a look there. A full foam mattress would doubtless be very steep, so consider just going with a 3-4" topper over existing mattress... makes a massive difference.  

Thanks for the replies.  I'm thinking that memory foam may not be popular in Thailand because of how hot it is there.  Too bad too, because in the US we can get great deals on these mattresses.  I guess I'll drive to one of the department stores and see what they have.

Central Lad Prao, and probably other locations do as well, sells very good quality full mattresses with memory foam but expensive.  It may not be popular in Thailand because Thais are not aware of the product, not because Thailand has hot weather.

Edited by wotsdermatter

• 1 month later...

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

I bought one once (not here) and thought it would be good for my back, but didn't like it one bit!!

Sure the foam moulds to your body, but how capable is it of "re-moulding" with all of the twisting and turning going on, and as I seem to move around a lot in bed, so I couldn't get on with it.......it was a Dunlopillo as I recall.

Food for thought perhaps?

For 200.000 baht you can buy an Auping in the Central...

Ikea is much cheaper.

I really don't understand those spring-mattresses which are still rockhard, expensive, heavy, unhandable but seen the quantity sold here the Thai must like em.

There seems to be some confusion in the replies between a foam mattress  and a memory foam mattress. Memory foam is much more expensive here as seen in this link to Lazada for a memory foam topper selling for $1,100 US dollars or 35,900 baht.        http://www.lazada.co.th/modena-mattress-memory-foam-6ft-144210.html?spm=a2o4m.category.products-list.35.46d869aflmJfBI&ff=1&time=1511671124&sc=E70v                                                                                                                              

Ideal would be memory foam topper with on top latex or microgel hollow fiber, best of both worlds. Indeed mattresses in Thailand are super thick but far too hard, makes no sense...

Seem to sell memory foam topper, but rather expensive:

https://www.comfortzonethailand.com/1260091/mattress-topper

Might try 1st a microgel fiber topper, can get those for less then 5k, not going for latex as it will smell like rubber for a while, the wife won't accept that...