Patong to fall quiet to respect late King

snoop1130

Patong to fall quiet to respect late King

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1507723936_1-org.jpg

Bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues in Patong, especially those along Bangla Rd (pictured), have been ordered to tone down their operations to respect the passing of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET:-- Bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues in Patong will turn down the music, tone down the performances or close entirely from tomorrow night (Oct 12) following an order from the Ministry of Interior to respect the sentiment of the nation ahead of the one-year memorial this Friday (Oct 13), a national holiday marking the passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

Entertainment venues have not been specifically ordered to close and no ban on the sale of alcohol has been issued, but nightlife businesses have been requested to ensure their operation is commensurate with the period of mourning, Weerawit Kurasombat, President of the Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA), told The Phuket News today (Oct 11).

“I have spoken with our members and asked them to close out of respect for the late King. I am willing to close my business on Oct 13, so that this road will be quiet,” Mr Weerawit said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-to-fall-quiet-to-respect-late-king-64269.php#DRdmzvqPBwj2KIzO.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-11

Yet a certain club at the top of Bangla will be open until 6 am!

I notice the foreign owned bars near me are already doing this but guess who owns the noisiest! Hard to show respect when Thai nationals can't be bothered.

Edited by Psimbo
deleted business name even though we all know where I mean