Video: Man caught dumping trash says he's not Thai and yes, he would do this at home!

snoop1130

Video: Man caught dumping trash says he's not Thai and yes, he would do this at home!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GOyaKT16IcZd9vLphK.jpg

A much viewed set of videos online showed an Asian man casually dumping a pile of trash on a roadside from a pick-up.

Suspecting that he was not Thai the man filming asked him:

Would you do this at home?

He relied, in Thai:

Yes, I would.

The man then confirmed in Thai language, with a grin, that he was not Thai.

The clip from the Facebook page of Pakaphon Chitvittaya was shared to Mem Pho Dam where it was viewed 1.6 million times.

Irate posters demanded that the miscreant be found and prosecuted for messing up Thailand with his littering.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1095825

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-11

It took me a month or two but I sorted out how to get rid of paper. plastic and so on legally. A guy comes around for our stock pile every few months and we give it him; first time he wanted to pay us. (Two households). 

For smaller unsorted rubbish there are bins in the major towns if you know where to look but this is 'slightly' illegal I suppose. 

We were told in the village to burn our rubbish and not tip it out like this. I told our neighbout that burning plastic in his garden was as bad as forcing every one around to smoke 60 cigarettes a day, not quite true, but he got it. He does the same as us now. It really is a question of realising that people no longer use banana leaves to wrap their food and for stores to stop automatically giving you plastic bags, 7/11 is the worst in this, giving you straws with beer ....

Some years back I was taking a train back to Bangkok. i was in the 3rd class sections which had no AC only open windows. I would watch the passengers eating their lunch and then throwing the garbage out the window. At one point one of the train employees walked down the aisle collecting garbage, I thought to myself, well that is much better. When he got to the end of car, he threw it out the window. This same train also had a hole in the floor of the train for a toilet. I will never walk on the train tracks in Thailand.

It's simply education vs ignorance & sheer laziness. There's recycle points all over the country & in our moo bahn, garbage bags are 5 Baht (includes pick up). Seems it would be more difficult sneaking around dumping illegally & even the simplest moron knows it's wrong.

Isn't that what roadsides are for here?

Waiting at a junction yesterday and the car in-front, window rolled down and out came loads of trash.

Long way to go on this problem here. Usual problems, lack of 'policing' and selfish attitudes.

Edited by jacko45k

11 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

My eyesight must have gone, as this farang looks like a Thai, off to specsavers today, if I can find one

Your eyesight appears to have affected your ability to read, it does not say he is a farang but a foreigner, clearly he is Asian, but apparently not Thai.

19 minutes ago, tallfarang said:

Some years back I was taking a train back to Bangkok. i was in the 3rd class sections which had no AC only open windows. I would watch the passengers eating their lunch and then throwing the garbage out the window. At one point one of the train employees walked down the aisle collecting garbage, I thought to myself, well that is much better. When he got to the end of car, he threw it out the window. This same train also had a hole in the floor of the train for a toilet. I will never walk on the train tracks in Thailand.

Same in the UK, toilet goes on the track, you are not allowed to flush in stations, but many do.

Interesting. He could have made a few baht taking it to the reclaimed.  My FIL separates all items and takes to various recyclers.  Usually gets 300 to 500 bht.  

It's his hobby and he keeps the cash for his garden supplies.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

It took me a month or two but I sorted out how to get rid of paper. plastic and so on legally. A guy comes around for our stock pile every few months and we give it him; first time he wanted to pay us. (Two households). 

For smaller unsorted rubbish there are bins in the major towns if you know where to look but this is 'slightly' illegal I suppose. 

We were told in the village to burn our rubbish and not tip it out like this. I told our neighbout that burning plastic in his garden was as bad as forcing every one around to smoke 60 cigarettes a day, not quite true, but he got it. He does the same as us now. It really is a question of realising that people no longer use banana leaves to wrap their food and for stores to stop automatically giving you plastic bags, 7/11 is the worst in this, giving you straws with beer ....

You can sort your rubbish and sell it at junkyards that buy scrap. It only takes a little space and I can get anywhere between 400-700 bht a month. Nicer that filling recycle bin, or dumping the crap. Pays for my beer for a couple of days. 

1 minute ago, LazySlipper said:

You can sort your rubbish and sell it at junkyards that buy scrap. It only takes a little space and I can get anywhere between 400-700 bht a month. Nicer that filling recycle bin, or dumping the crap. Pays for my beer for a couple of days. 

What are you consuming to accumulate 400-700 baht in recyclables every month?

Beer bottles, pickle jars, plastic from water bottles, pepsi bottles, yogurt and various containers. When I service my car I keep the parts (aluminum--steel). It adds up quicker than expected. Just have to find a place out of sight to stash the stuff.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What are you consuming to accumulate 400-700 baht in recyclables every month?

With regards to recycling, we have a lady who comes and picks up all our recycling stuff, cans, bottles, newspapers and old wires.  She did want to pay us but we refused so she uses the money to go towards her childrens education.

Fair enough we reckon?

Side road runs next to my condo in Jomtien. It has become the defacto construction waste dump site, all hours of the day and night. Anyone know a hot line to call to get some action on these guys? (Absurd as that idea may sound). I'd like to get a paint ball gun or something and pop off some shots...

About a year ago, I was invited to a Shan Homestay in Northern Thailand. I was the 1st 'farang' to stay there and I was amazed. This was the cleanest village I had ever seen in Thailand. Period. When the Head of the village was asked how, he simply replied "Money".

The cleanest houses of the village get first dibs on paying customers.

trash truck.jpg

Edited by missoura

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Beer bottles, pickle jars, plastic from water bottles, pepsi bottles, yogurt and various containers. When I service my car I keep the parts (aluminum--steel). It adds up quicker than expected. Just have to find a place out of sight to stash the stuff.

Seems an awful lot, we had a restaurant serving 50+ heads a day and never made 700 baht in bottles, you must drink like a fish!