SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, adammike said:

France have recently elected a very pro EU leader, just today Austria have elected a far right but pro EU leader, Germany have re-elected Angela a reduced majority true, where is this break up? Name a country in the EU that seriously wants to leave? The UK voted 38% of the electorate to leave. 

Regarding the French narrowly voting in a europhile,along with Germany, you are correct. Austria not so sure,Firstly He is not an out and out europhile,secondly he will probably form a coalition with the second to largest party,who again are at least, very cool on the EU.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Better you read your reply on post 256.

Regarding being anti-British,you are on three completely different threads on TV.

On each one you are in opposition to British people,so consistent. I wonder what nationality you actually are.

Not giving time to racists is completely different to you making silly assumptions about people who don't want to leave the EU as being anti British, people are entitled to voice their opinion only when it does not hurt other people, that witch should be banned from speaking on the radio and on TV as she is a fascist.

Criticizing a man for chopping someones car with a machete and running someone over is hardly being in opposition to British people, it is being in opposition to a crazed nutter who happens to be British.

And wonder all you like, I am British.

Better you read your reply on post 256.
Regarding being anti-British,you are on three completely different threads on TV.
On each one you are in opposition to British people,so consistent. I wonder what nationality you actually are.
Wipe the Egg off your face mate he's British :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A lot of Brexit voters seem to hate European immigrants (just immigrants really) or at least repeat soundibites that denigrated them. The tabloid papers in the UK were also full of this invective and still at it.  A lot of racist came out of the woodwork after the result. 
http://www.reasonandreality.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/xenophobic-headlines.jpg

Lies

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClI-IPKUsAAf2NA.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SsT4t2VDuDg/VrrvSVwzltI/AAAAAAAABl4/Wae5OvOZiVA/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/Blogger%2BDaily%2BExpress%2Bwrong%2Bdiagnosis.png

And the above poster talks about unnecessary mud slinging?
Pull the other one.

Hate crime did temporarily spike shortly after the result agreed, which is disappointing however I suspect most/majority of people look beyond the MSM/Tabloids as all they have is an agenda to focus on.

Immigrants, the U.K. is one of many which are the most tolerant, welcoming country that I’m aware of in reference to ‘All migrants’ and sound bites or other should be judged & assessed in ways of their credibility including sources, many, including myself carry out independence research and solely rely on facts and are intelligent enough to summarise in a balanced non-biased format.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not giving time to racists is completely different to you making silly assumptions about people who don't want to leave the EU as being anti British, people are entitled to voice their opinion only when it does not hurt other people, that witch should be banned from speaking on the radio and on TV as she is a fascist.

Criticizing a man for chopping someones car with a machete and running someone over is hardly being in opposition to British people, it is being in opposition to a crazed nutter who happens to be British.

And wonder all you like, I am British.

You forgot your rants on the thread regarding a Brit wishing to return to the UK with his British daughter and his Thai wife. Not that I expect you or anyone to automatically support a British person or viewpoint, as we all know, we Brits are not always right and we certainly don't want to get into the ways of the Thais, or God forgive the North Koreans, in always backing their countrymen. However I have yet to see you making a post in support of a fellow Brit.

Regarding you calling the lady in the video a fascist. I think that label is more appropriate to yourself along with bigot.

30 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You forgot your rants on the thread regarding a Brit wishing to return to the UK with his British daughter and his Thai wife. Not that I expect you or anyone to automatically support a British person or viewpoint, as we all know, we Brits are not always right and we certainly don't want to get into the ways of the Thais, or God forgive the North Koreans, in always backing their countrymen. However I have yet to see you making a post in support of a fellow Brit.

Regarding you calling the lady in the video a fascist. I think that label is more appropriate to yourself along with bigot.

Have you thought to ask yourself just why it is that you are sat there fantasizing about me?

20 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

To embrace Islam, you must first reject equality and liberty.

If Europe rejects equality and liberty, then England must leave the EU.

Even if what you say were true; what about the rest of the UK?

You do know that there is more to the UK than just England, don't you?

21 hours ago, clashpie said:

The immigration issue had gone out of hand under the Labour government and not much better under the Tories but again I ask could we have sorted these problems out whilst still in Europe without the need of an election/Brexit?

To my mind your post is an accurate assumption.

Was it possible to sort these problems within the EU ? No,  simply because i don't believe the EU ever believed we would leave and therefore would not compromise.

Our leader was not strong enough and excepted their ridiculous offer on all fronts

To my mind your post is an accurate assumption.
Was it possible to sort these problems within the EU ? No,  simply because i don't believe the EU ever believed we would leave and therefore would not compromise.
Our leader was not strong enough and excepted their ridiculous offer on all fronts

To be fair U.K. immigration control has been ignored for various reasons by consecutive Governments.

Your correct, the EU didn’t take leaving the club seriously thus what we’re seeing now, Ignorance and complacency both U.K. & EU political elements.

Political establishments U.K./EU or other are as much responsible for they’re “inactions” as their actions.

Today, PMTM, DD are meeting for dinner in Brussels with Junker & Barnier in attempt to break the Brexit deadlock, interesting times lay ahead.

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What on earth are you two on about?

I can't talk for taipeir , I'm as in the dark as you.

My point is I feel many Brits have had a personality change as a result of the last 40 years of EU nannying. In our history we have always possessed a democratic intellectual and emotional direction of travel. We seem to have lost it.  Brussels is listening to the militant Remainers who prey on their view the UK doesn't have the political will or fortitude  to go through with Brexit  and this is all the encouragement the EU needs to  procrastinate and sabotage the process. This, on the part of Remainers, is counter productive and to be regretted.

Just now, aright said:

I can't talk for taipeir , I'm as in the dark as you.

My point is I feel many Brits have had a personality change as a result of the last 40 years of EU nannying. In our history we have always possessed a democratic intellectual and emotional direction of travel. We seem to have lost it.  Brussels is listening to the militant Remainers who prey on their view the UK doesn't have the political will or fortitude  to go through with Brexit  and this is all the encouragement the EU needs to  procrastinate and sabotage the process. This, on the part of Remainers, is counter productive and to be regretted.

If you haven't yet had a personality change it might be a good idea.

Depends on where you are ,if you are an ex-pat, living anywhere in the world, and they are quite a few,  is a disaster, the way the pound has dropped ,it has left a lot of expats, who rely on there uk pension to live on a lot worse  off .

UK business will suffer , will they be tariffs ?, still a lot of Merkey water out there.

My  sister lives in Switzerland and doses a lot  of work in the EU, and a lot are saying the UK has been moaning about the EU  for a lot of years , and  there are saying the EU could be better off without us, but being the third bigest  payer of funds in to the EU,thay might miss our contributions 

Me I  do not like the EU, it needs reforming big time, but I would say stay.

20 hours ago, Grouse said:

Wrong target dear boy, look to your own government! Why have they not controlled our borders? Why do we have crap benefits? Easy target eh? You think things will improve?

Last few weeks you have blamed the uneducated for our State of Affairs now you want to blame the government. Friendly reminder in a democratic country you/we are the Government.

Introspection and a gin and tonic might help :smile:

I can't talk for taipeir , I'm as in the dark as you. My point is I feel many Brits have had a personality change as a result of the last 40 years of EU nannying. In our history we have always possessed a democratic intellectual and emotional direction of travel. We seem to have lost it.  Brussels is listening to the militant Remainers who prey on their view the UK doesn't have the political will or fortitude  to go through with Brexit  and this is all the encouragement the EU needs to  procrastinate and sabotage the process. This, on the part of Remainers, is counter productive and to be regretted.         

Welcome the labour government next Haha.  Fact is British are practical people. They've a lot in common with the Germans. There's going to be a lot of angry people out there when they find out they've been taken for a ride by the racist media, jingoism, toffs, backwards looking pensioners and ambitious politicians. Watching their living standrards go down....And down.

As has happened already with austerity and falling GBP but going to get worse for the middle classes now......

Loads of these Brexit voting pensioners getting hit hard now though. They didn't believe the GBP would crash. Their favorite sport was sneering at the Greeks and poor immigrants . Not very nice is it being poor ?

There's no glory in a poor empire.

The thing is..The UK is ' the economy' and a mercantile nation that has just shot itself in the head and trying to call it brain surgery!

38 minutes ago, citybiker said:

To be fair U.K. immigration control has been ignored for various reasons by consecutive Governments.

Not true.

Since I first took an interest in UK immigration nearly 18 years ago, successive governments, Labour, the Coalition and the Tories, have introduced new rules and fees to make it harder and more expensive for non EEA national immigrants who wish to enter the UK; whether they be workers, students, family members of British citizens or any other category covered by the immigration rules.

They have not done the same for EEA nationals simply because freedom of movement has been a cornerstone of the EEC and then EU from the very beginning; the 2004 directive introduced nothing new, it simply brought all the various directives covering freedom of movement into one.

In 1973 the UK agreed to freedom of movement, and so is bound by it until Brexit.

Of course, people forget that, at least until Brexit, British citizens enjoy the same rights in other EEA member states, and Switzerland, as their nationals do in the UK.

10 hours ago, marginline said:

We've already had an answer of sorts krub, seeing you keep going round in circles. The rest of the electorate who couldn't be bothered to vote - simply abstained. Thanks. :sleep:

Then the majority was inadequate (on many levels)

58 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

In 1973 the UK agreed to freedom of movement, and so is bound by it until Brexit.

Of course, people forget that, at least until Brexit, British citizens enjoy the same rights in other EEA member states, and Switzerland, as their nationals do in the UK.

What people do forget is that, in 1973 and 1975 the topic of freedom of labour/movement, along with a lot of other important information, was not widely given to the public, even prior to the 1975 EEC referendum. The UK Gov referendum pamphlet does not mention freedom of movement at all. The content is mostly waffle. Have a read....

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm#8

I don't think the three items listed below have turned out quite as stated/forecast.

Inside, on the improved terms, we remain part of the world's most powerful trading bloc. We can help to fix the terms of world trade. :cheesy:

Inside, we can count on more secure supplies of food if world harvests turn out to be bad. And we can help to hold down Market food prices - as we have done since we joined in 1973.  :post-4641-1156694606:

Inside the Market we can work to get more European Community money spent inside Britain::post-4641-1156693976:

Trade deals - look how long it takes the EU to get anything together.

Food - cheaper after we leave.

More money spent in Britain - what a joke!

= =

Since then, the EU has just morphed into something a whole lot more devious, corrupt, over- regulated, wasteful and mismanaged, without any further referendum along the way for the UK.

Not true.

Since I first took an interest in UK immigration nearly 18 years ago, successive governments, Labour, the Coalition and the Tories, have introduced new rules and fees to make it harder and more expensive for non EEA national immigrants who wish to enter the UK; whether they be workers, students, family members of British citizens or any other category covered by the immigration rules.

They have not done the same for EEA nationals simply because freedom of movement has been a cornerstone of the EEC and then EU from the very beginning; the 2004 directive introduced nothing new, it simply brought all the various directives covering freedom of movement into one.

Ok, I should have clarified.

Uncontrolled enforcement would be more appropriate?

I’m aware protocols, processes etc are in place that have improved yet enforcement?

1 hour ago, aright said:

Last few weeks you have blamed the uneducated for our State of Affairs now you want to blame the government. Friendly reminder in a democratic country you/we are the Government.

Introspection and a gin and tonic might help :smile:

No, not quite. I blame the educationally under achieved for the Brexit majority. I blame successive governments as the root cause of the dissatisfaction.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What people do forget is that, in 1973 and 1975 the topic of freedom of labour/movement, along with a lot of other important information, was not widely given to the public, even prior to the 1975 EEC referendum. The UK Gov referendum pamphlet does not mention freedom of movement at all. The content is mostly waffle. Have a read....

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm#8

I don't think the three items listed below have turned out quite as stated/forecast.

Inside, on the improved terms, we remain part of the world's most powerful trading bloc. We can help to fix the terms of world trade. :cheesy:

Inside, we can count on more secure supplies of food if world harvests turn out to be bad. And we can help to hold down Market food prices - as we have done since we joined in 1973.  :post-4641-1156694606:

Inside the Market we can work to get more European Community money spent inside Britain::post-4641-1156693976:

Trade deals - look how long it takes the EU to get anything together.

Food - cheaper after we leave.

More money spent in Britain - what a joke!

= =

Since then, the EU has just morphed into something a whole lot more devious, corrupt, over- regulated, wasteful and mismanaged, without any further referendum along the way for the UK.

Why would food be cheaper after Brexit??? WTO tariffs will be extra for everything but especially high for food....

Archived