SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Anything is better than being ruled by the Germans and their Muslim shock troops.

If the UK needs to be part of another country, I vote to join America.

Three posts in for the first off topic Islamaphobic ballocks.

Is this a record?

26 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Three posts in for the first off topic Islamaphobic ballocks.

Is this a record?

To embrace Islam, you must first reject equality and liberty.

If Europe rejects equality and liberty, then England must leave the EU.

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

- The Uk was strong before  joining the EU and will be strong after leaving the EU. The UK is the 5th largest economy in the World; has a strong military and a very educated population .

Obviously you were not around in 1973...

By the latter part of 1973 Britain was recovering from the after-effects of what, taking its name from Heath's Chancellor Anthony Barber, came to be known as the "Barber Boom", an imprudently stoked-up cauldron of cheap credit and consumer confidence followed, almost inevitably, by a banking crisis, raging inflation, and stratospheric wage deals. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/1973-the-most-significant-year-of-the-20th-century-9028544.html

And Corbyn is standing on the touch line shouting at the referee "go to Specsavevers" like a scratched record on a wonky record player...

The immigration issue had gone out of hand under the Labour government and not much better under the Tories but again I ask could we have sorted these problems out whilst still in Europe without the need of an election/Brexit?

Whichever way you look at it we voted to leave Europe and as such we have to see it through but with each passing day there seems to be more Tory unrest and mistrust amongst themselves so how can they go into negotiations with a divided party and weak leader?

It is beginning to look like no deal is gonna be done as the EU wants ridiculous amounts of money off us and their leaders seem more interested in punishing the UK for leaving as opposed to sitting down and talking to see what is best for both the EU and the UK!

The UK needs a free trade deal....Europe needs the UK...the EU leaders need to get off their high horses and do what's best for everyone...not themselves.

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Always been madness. Better to stay and force change from within.

Where have you been since 1973. We have been trying to effect change for 40 odd years and we are no nearer controlling our national borders, deregulating laws for the sake of laws, restoring sovereignty through the British legal system, better control of our fishing grounds etc. etc. How much time do you want to allocate to effect change. 60, 80, 100 years or do you take the pragmatic views of the Leavers "Change ain't gonna happen"

If somebody didn't vote they lost their chance to represent themselves.

They had the same chance as everyone else. As far as those who did vote the verdict was clear.  No need for sour grapes or what ifs. The remoaners have spent a year trying to sabotage the result. Their main argument seems to be that they know better. Britain prospered before the EU and no doubt will prosper again. Instead of all the negativity everyone should be pulling together to make a sucess of the outcome. But the selfish and self absorbed want to put themselves and their views ahead of the country. Funny that many of them supposedly support fairness, equality and prosperity for all.

Nobody but a raving lunatic or public Sector Employee could possibly choose to support

the continuation of 5 ghastly unelected stooges ruling over every aspect of our lives. Do your families a favour and get us the hell out of the Brussels rathole pronto

15 minutes ago, clashpie said:

It is beginning to look like no deal is gonna be done as the EU wants ridiculous amounts of money off us and their leaders seem more interested in punishing the UK for leaving as opposed to sitting down and talking to see what is best for both the EU and the UK!

The UK needs a free trade deal....Europe needs the UK...the EU leaders need to get off their high horses and do what's best for everyone...not themselves.

I'm pretty sure UK will have to pay the earlier agreed payments, 100Billion? Regardless if there is a trade deal or no deal.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Like a UK government that was NOT voted in perhaps...?

A simple majority every few years is fine, though I would prefer PR. Major constitutional changes should have a super majority or at least a majority of the electorate.

5 hours ago, marginline said:

Right! I know Grouse krub. And I thank you krub. But by using stephenterry's figures, how could you, how would you have increased the vote from 72% to 83.3% (an additional 5,850,001) to satisfy what you have written please, krub? :wai:

To force change, a majority of the ELECTORATE is required. It does not matter what the turn out is. If the electorate is 40,000,000 you would need 20,000,001 to force change even if only 30,000,000 voted

5 hours ago, transam said:

The UK is ploughing bundles of cash into the EU yet other countries can retire earlier. Tax systems are different for those who like a drop of vino.....Greece folk can dodge taxes with a smile from authorities cos they are all at it...Plus the UK don't get an afternoon siesta.....:sad:

That's very true! Why do OUR governments give US such a crap deal? Other EU countries have much better lifestyles! 

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Strip out zero hours contracts, PhDs in women's studies etc and there is little difference

I've been on a zero hours contract for the last 30 yrs. Nothing guaranteed. First 4uckup and I'm on my way home. No healthcare, pension or maternity leave. The contract is, I do the best job I can and somebody will employ me. 

That job for life, No need to work hard, all together brothers nonsense is just for the lazy.

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

A simple majority every few years is fine, though I would prefer PR. Major constitutional changes should have a super majority or at least a majority of the electorate.

Do you mean PR like Germany's. At the moment they don't have a functioning government and some pundits say it might be 6 months before they get one.  So much for PR.

That's very true! Why do OUR governments give US such a crap deal? Other EU countries have much better lifestyles! 

Many if not most other countries in the EU have better social welfare and pensions than the UK (contrary to tabloid rubbish people read).

Point being that while the UK isn't a bad place it's no nirvana.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

Would have been interesting to have had a straw poll of TV members at the time of the referendum.

In this poll it is interesting to see there are more than 52% of TV members claim to voted to leave.

I would be interested to know of those who have voted in this poll are British and would have been entitled to vote?

I would like to see a poll of moderators! Scott!

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

And the vast majority of the 28.2% of eligible voters didn't care enough to vote, so their opinions didn't count. That leaves 51.8% of the people who cared enough to vote telling the government to get us out. Huge turnout, absolute majority vote for brexit. Spectacular! And our first opportunity to vote on membership of a club in which we were enrolled illegally, and kept well and truly in the dark about by the governments of the day in the 1970s. And the government running the last referendum ran a huge anti-leave scaremongering campaign. I'd call the brexit vote a resounding win for democracy, and brexit.

And that's where you are so very wrong! Look at Catalonia- 90% in favour with 40% turnout!

The while Brexit farago will never work without a clear majority of the electorate.

Keep all the bully boy stuff away thanks!

3 hours ago, taipeir said:

In many countries there's a higher threshold for turnout and also for passing a referendum.

Before I didn't agree with it but seeing the hopelessly divided UK I can see how it makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The children will be most damaged by Brexit. They don't get a vote. ( morons can vote )

The vast majority of Leave people were/are elderly. By the time the shit hits the fan and we are out, lots of them will be deceased.

The vast majority of Remain people were young. The future.

So the old codgers who reminisced how The Olde England once was, and forget that time stands still for no one, have buggered it up for the young ones and the future.

And i'm a Luddite, and a patriot, and proud to be an Englishman,  and pretty old fashioned in my views, but Brexit is/was a disaster.

7 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

The vast majority of Leave people were/are elderly. By the time the shit hits the fan and we are out, lots of them will be deceased.

The vast majority of Remain people were young. The future.

So the old codgers who reminisced how The Olde England once was, and forget that time stands still for no one, have buggered it up for the young ones and the future.

And i'm a Luddite, and a patriot, and proud to be an Englishman,  and pretty old fashioned in my views, but Brexit is/was a disaster.

Pearls of wisdom. Let's only let young people vote they will come up with the best outcome.

If we had let that happen Jeremy Corbyn would be Prime Minister now and we could all bask in his political sunshine. Good idea!

Archived