SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The biggest, richest banks and corporations were backers of the UK remaining in the EU.  

Now you drag in UKIP, call us hapless pawns and idiots! EU good work? What a crock!

OK fair's fair. Let's have the third referendum in 2047. See you and the other Euromuppets then .

The leaders and sponsors of the movement fighting for a referendum were bankers, that is a fact.

Obviously UKIP can be "dragged" in, it was them who campaigned for years to get the referendum, it would never have happened without them.  And leave voters have been mislead regarding their agenda, they are helpful idiots in the classic sense.

Of course the EU has been a success, the original idea was to prevent another major war in Europe, this is the longest period in recorded history without a major war in Europe.  They also redistribute wealth from the richest to the poorest regions, meeting one of their other targets to tackle inequality and succeeding in boosting millions of people from sustainance levels, building infrastructure, universities and hospitals in the poorest region she of Europe.  They are also the most pro-environment government the world has ever seen, the successes are numerous.  Quite easy to say "what a crock" without a single fact to back it up though, hey?

And no, this is not about what you want, this is about what the majority want, this is called democracy and we will have another refendum because the majority want to remain in the EU, so more like see you next year.  And before calling other people muppets try reading outside of your usual narrow band and educate yourself just a little regarding the EU, what they have done for you, your country and what the real agenda is for those talking you into voting leave, nothing is as you think it is, you have been stitched up a kipper mate.

50 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Exactly wrong. Though in a minority both Mervyn King (ex-Governor of the Bank of England) and Nigel Lawson (ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer) supported the Leave campaign.

Mervyn is a total *anker! Shameless! Lawson used to be good until he went on a diet. He lost his mind.

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The leaders and sponsors of the movement fighting for a referendum were bankers, that is a fact.

Obviously UKIP can be "dragged" in, it was them who campaigned for years to get the referendum, it would never have happened without them.  And leave voters have been mislead regarding their agenda, they are helpful idiots in the classic sense.

Of course the EU has been a success, the original idea was to prevent another major war in Europe, this is the longest period in recorded history without a major war in Europe.  They also redistribute wealth from the richest to the poorest regions, meeting one of their other targets to tackle inequality and succeeding in boosting millions of people from sustainance levels, building infrastructure, universities and hospitals in the poorest region she of Europe.  They are also the most pro-environment government the world has ever seen, the successes are numerous.  Quite easy to say "what a crock" without a single fact to back it up though, hey?

And no, this is not about what you want, this is about what the majority want, this is called democracy and we will have another refendum because the majority want to remain in the EU, so more like see you next year.  And before calling other people muppets try reading outside of your usual narrow band and educate yourself just a little regarding the EU, what they have done for you, your country and what the real agenda is for those talking you into voting leave, nothing is as you think it is, you have been stitched up a kipper mate.

A total crock.....

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The policy that invites almost 200,000 non EU immigrants to the UK every year despite them making a net loss, a policy you will find clear in the statistics.

The policy, not the stats. Be a helpful idiot now.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Mervyn is a total *anker! Shameless! Lawson used to be good until he went on a diet. He lost his mind.

I'm  not surprised at your antagonism toward Mervyn King presumably as a result of his statement the eurozone is doomed to fail and will lurch from crisis to crisis until it is broken. That wouldn't have put any wind in your willows would it? By the way , if you hadn't noticed, the lurching has already started.

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The 'EU has prevented war' argument is total nonsense. Can anyone think of a single government anywhere in post-WW2 Europe which has shown the even slightest inclination to revisit such past follies? That state of affairs has absolutely zero/zilch/nada to do with the EU.

And you are the one who has been stitched up like a kipper wrt to the aims of the EU.

Edited by Khun Han

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

The 'EU has prevented war' argument is total nonsense. Can anyone think of a single government anywhere in post-WW2 Europe which has shown the even slightest inclination to revisit such past follies? That state of affairs has absolutely zero/zilch/nada to do with the EU.

That's just one piece of the crockery set! :smile:

21 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Of course the EU has been a success, 

I think you need to look at unemployment rates and financial stability, without Germany, in Europes unsuccessful countries, Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy.etc. They are basket cases of debt, social unrest and unaffordable welfare states. Some success! 

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The policy, not the stats. Be a helpful idiot now.

There are several polices regarding non EU immigration, there is the points system, it doesn't really matter, the issue is that their policy invites in more people than come through EEA rights, our government are not concerned by immigration numbers like the Brexit voters, they are just pretending to be a bit in their rhetoric as they know what is good for them in regard to retaining votes, they know we need the immigrants, and they will allow them post Brexit, domt be fooled into thinking this ever had anything to with immigration, it has always been about money, and not about making you any.

57 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I would be happy to see referendums become binding if we were to introduce similar rules to other countries, with a minimum turnout and a minimum majority to win, and see results such as this one, with a 52-48 result from 32% of the electorate in favour, ignored for what it is, a minority decision.  I think we should do what Farage said he would do and not accept a 52-48 referendum result.  And anyway, I think what we are seeing is the Tories purposely messing up the exit process to the point where a vast majority want a second referendum, I could be wrong but I think we will see one next year.

Nope. We're leaving. You lot will get your chance to campaign for a referendum to rejoin once we have settled as an independant trading nation. Though, by that time, Project Fear will have been completely discredited, and remainers will be a tiny minority.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

There are several polices regarding non EU immigration, there is the points system, it doesn't really matter, the issue is that their policy invites in more people than come through EEA rights, our government are not concerned by immigration numbers like the Brexit voters, they are just pretending to be a bit in their rhetoric as they know what is good for them in regard to retaining votes, they know we need the immigrants, and they will allow them post Brexit, domt be fooled into thinking this ever had anything to with immigration, it has always been about money, and not about making you any.

Hey Kieran, why don't you google 'tangential'? When you post I always think of you as Mr. T'! :smile:

11 minutes ago, aright said:

I think you need to look at unemployment rates and financial stability, without Germany, in Europes unsuccessful countries, Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy.etc. They are basket cases of debt, social unrest and unaffordable welfare states. Some success! 

Where were they before?  Greece had a majority of people living a sustenance farming life, they have improved drastically, same as Portugal, they were both third world countries before the EU.  Spain now as a democracy set in stone, without the EU they may well have seen another dictator take over, you actually give examples of success stories, sure they have gotten themselves into debt but you can't blame the EU, thy don't tell themselves where they must spend their loan, and if they spend it all on parks they will struggle to pay it back.

5 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Nope. We're leaving. You lot will get your chance to campaign for a referendum to rejoin once we have settled as an independant trading nation. Though, by that time, Project Fear will have been completely discredited, and remainers will be a tiny minority.

You see the Tories leading you away from project fear as they hurtle you toward project no deal, makes sense.

Edited by Kieran00001

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

The only thing I know more about the subject after the referendum is that the remainers are far more hissy in defeat than I expected them to be. Like I said, you inferred (as many have done on here) that leave voters were less educated (sic intelligent) than the other side. That opinion (together with your disability comment) is both insulting, misinformed but typical from someone of your ilk.   

I don't think it is about the defeat, as it is generally accepted we must go.  Can you guess what it is?

Edited by mommysboy

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Hey Kieran, why don't you google 'tangential'? When you post I always think of you as Mr. T'! :smile:

Ive been consistent in my posts, all regard Brexit not being anything to do with immigration appart from the voters will, there is more than one thing that can be said about that, if you see them as tangents then that only says something about you.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Ive been consistent in my posts, all regard Brexit not being anything to do with immigration appart from the voters will, there is more than one thing that can be said about that, if you see them as tangents then that only says something about you.

Consistently tangential :partytime2: 

49 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

And you are the one who has been stitched up like a kipper wrt to the aims of the EU.

Serbia?

45 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Where were they before?  Greece had a majority of people living a sustenance farming life, they have improved drastically, same as Portugal, they were both third world countries before the EU.  Spain now as a democracy set in stone, without the EU they may well have seen another dictator take over, you actually give examples of success stories, sure they have gotten themselves into debt but you can't blame the EU, thy don't tell themselves where they must spend their loan, and if they spend it all on parks they will struggle to pay it back.

Spain a democracy set in stone?  Ummh, Catalonia? I don't hold any particular brief for Catalonian separatism, but using CS Gas and baton rounds on people who want to vote in a referendum....

56 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes it's a real success story.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/708974/EU-crisis-looms-as-Greece-Spain-and-Portugal-pose-TRIPLE-THREAT-for-crumbling-eurozone

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Helpful idiots...........the majority want to remain???....Ill have some of what you are smokin.

12 minutes ago, JAG said:

Spain a democracy set in stone?  Ummh, Catalonia? I don't hold any particular brief for Catalonian separatism, but using CS Gas and baton rounds on people who want to vote in a referendum....

I was chatting with a Spanish expat friend at dinner a few months ago, and conversation got around to Spanish democracy. He told me the story of the last attempted coup (which I vaguely remembered) when Francoist army officers took over parliament. It was the then young King Juan Carlos stepping into the breach with a televised statement condemning the coupmakers which took the wind out of their sails. There was no significant intervention from the European executive.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

I was chatting with a Spanish expat friend at dinner a few months ago, and conversation got around to Spanish democracy. He told me the story of the last attempted coup (which I vaguely remembered) when Francoist army officers took over parliament. It was the then young King Juan Carlos stepping into the breach with a televised statement condemning the coupmakers which took the wind out of their sails. There was no significant intervention from the European executive.

And with Catalonia.....we can see what kind of democracy it really is