New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As was posted by another. The topic should say hidden video footage shows old man bravely fighting his way to escape and collect his 9 year old from school. 

Just try and stop me getting to school to pick up my child and see what happens. This man showed great restraint hitting the car and not the nutter that would not let him go. 

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

As was posted by another. The topic should say hidden video footage shows old man bravely fighting his way to escape and collect his 9 year old from school. 

Just try and stop me getting to school to pick up my child and see what happens. This man showed great restraint hitting the car and not the nutter that would not let him go. 

Well, great restraint.. Not.. i would say he ate the bait.

I feel sorry for him.

26 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, great restraint.. Not.. i would say he ate the bait.

I feel sorry for him.

I do to. There he was just driving along having a happy day going to pick up his daughter. and that rotten sod has gone and changed that families lives forever with his crazy antics. 

Very very sad. If he sets up a justice fund, I will contribute. 

13 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I do to. There he was just driving along having a happy day going to pick up his daughter. and that rotten sod has gone and changed that families lives forever with his crazy antics. 

Very very sad. If he sets up a justice fund, I will contribute. 

Set one up for him. You obviously feel passionately that he is being mistreated. Do the honorable thing and help him out of this mess and set one up on his behalf. 

Call it " Free the Machete 1" 

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

the problem with your argument is that he could have reversed

How does "could have reversed" play into this argument? Do you think the aggressive Thai guy would have let it go if he reversed? I don't think he would have and would have followed him. Apart from that, reversing in the middle of the main thoroughfare is not a good idea.

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

the problem with your argument is that he could have reversed

Reversed, done a u-turn, stayed in his car or if he must use a machete, dont swing it at people or cars. And when the thai guy is walking away, dont run him over.

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Reversed, done a u-turn, stayed in his car or if he must use a machete, dont swing it at people or cars. And when the thai guy is walking away, dont run him over.

There are endless choices of what they could have done. What's the point of discussing that? I'm sure he would agree with you too at this stage.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

There are endless choices of what they could have done. What's the point of discussing that? I'm sure he would agree with you too at this stage.

Thats correct, but it all goes towards he had choices other than his actions and negates the cornered, threatened and acting in self defence argument.

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats correct, but it all goes towards he had choices other than his actions and negates the cornered, threatened and acting in self defence argument.

In hindsight, it could well have been his best defensive strategy if the alternative was potentially being beaten to death. We know Thais like to kick the shit out of foreigners - you've seen that many times before if you've been here awhile. We found out, after his one-punch attack in front of a policeman, that the Thai guy was very aggressive and didn't think too much. He made absolutely no allowance for the fact that the foreigner was 50 years his senior and quite frail. What was he capable of doing to the old guy in the street, well away from police? It could have ended up much worse, with a dead foreigner. 

I don't think this is as black and white as many are suggesting.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

It could have ended up much worse, if the alternative was being beaten to death. We know Thais like to kick the shit out of foreigners - you've seen that many times before if you've been here awhile. We found out, after his one-punch attack in front of a policeman, that the Thai guy was very aggressive and didn't think too much. He made absolutely no allowance for the fact that the foreigner was 50 years his senior and quite frail. What was he capable of doing to the old guy in the street, well away from police? It could have ended up much worse, with a dead foreigner. 

I don't think this is as black and white as many are suggesting.

I agree, tropo, i hope the Thai justice will be lenient, and don't put him in jail. Revoke his driving license, yes.

In my opinion, having watched the vdo a few times, he didn't want to run over anyone, he slams on the brake immediately after the impact.

again, he should have left the machete in the car, but, to act the way he did, he must have felt really scared.

22 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

What this farang did, was attempted murder, no matter how the Thai drove. Reading your post then makes me so sick that I'd like to throw up. 

I feel sorry for the guy's daughter, growing up in such a terrible environment, that can't be good for her.The foreigner even shows all signs of having some alcohol, or anything else intus, which would make the situation even worse.

Who knows, he's perhaps on a strange medication, a normal human being would never show such a reaction. 

And you, dear poster, should be ashamed of yourself to write such  a post that will also be read by Thais.

It's a shame for all other foreigners living in this country,  

If my post make you want to throw up you must have a very sensitive stomach.

Make me wonder how you survive in Thailand seeing all the horrible news about  farangs here and what happen to some in the past few years.

Actually when i first see that guy run and punch the old man it nearly made me feel sick also so i get what you mean.

And, you say this guy is not normal, or taking some drugs or medication?

Really? Cause he got around to the back of his car and ran up to the Thai in very quick time.

Looks pretty fit to me, not stoned, as that would most probably make him slow or cause to stumbling around.

Pretty good for 77 id say.

And i dont think my post would upset Thais much either, as i cant see them defending someone who would blind punch a 70+y.o like that while wearing a ring which obviously is a design more like a weapon than a ring. 

Or i guess by some peoples theory since its a farang 70+ y.o makes it allright huh?

21 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

If my post make you want to throw up you must have a very sensitive stomach.

Make me wonder how you survive in Thailand seeing all the horrible news about  farangs here and what happen to some in the past few years.

Actually when i first see that guy run and punch the old man it nearly made me feel sick also so i get what you mean.

And, you say this guy is not normal, or taking some drugs or medication?

Really? Cause he got around to the back of his car and ran up to the Thai in very quick time.

Looks pretty fit to me, not stoned, as that would most probably make him slow or cause to stumbling around.

Pretty good for 77 id say.

And i dont think my post would upset Thais much either, as i cant see them defending someone who would blind punch a 70+y.o like that while wearing a ring which obviously is a design more like a weapon than a ring. 

Or i guess by some peoples theory since its a farang 70+ y.o makes it allright huh?

I know there's a lot of people horrified about how the old guy ran up and started swinging his machete around and scream "attempted murder", "attempted murder", but I'll bet there's a fair few that found it incredibly amusing ... the way he ran up there and all. I certainly had a chuckle when I saw that. The Thai guy wasn't quite as horrified as most of the members on here either, as he got straight out of his car in the face of this deadly machete attack. 

12 hours ago, tropo said:

That's right but the law specifically allows for someone caused excitement or fright that they might overreact. 

What would have happened if he just sat in the car? 

He was stressed and trying to get to his daughter. 

How long should he sit there waiting for this thug? 

What would have happened if he got out and went to ask the Thai what was wrong or Wai an apology? Most likely a punch in the face. 

The Thai got out the car and attacked the brit, it's clear in the video. 

The brit just wants to leave. 

10 hours ago, tropo said:

I know there's a lot of people horrified about how the old guy ran up and started swinging his machete around and scream "attempted murder", "attempted murder", but I'll bet there's a fair few that found it incredibly amusing ... the way he ran up there and all. I certainly had a chuckle when I saw that. The Thai guy wasn't quite as horrified as most of the members on here either, as he got straight out of his car in the face of this deadly machete attack. 

That's right, the Thai was not afraid at all, as can be seen by his actions. The old guy is backing up he's running on adrenaline and fear. There's no doubt in my mind the Thai intended to attack from the start. I just don't support abuse and violence against  old people , no matter what they have done. That man is actually quite frail. 

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

That's right, the Thai was not afraid at all, as can be seen by his actions. The old guy is backing up he's running on adrenaline and fear. There's no doubt in my mind the Thai intended to attack from the start. I just don't support abuse and violence against  old people , no matter what they have done. That man is actually quite frail. 

I too think the old nut was running on adrenaline and fear.  It does seem amusing in a way.  But, you know, it was dangerous.  I just think he had no intention of striking the Thai with the machete, and I'm not sure he even meant to run him over.  Of course, we all agree that violence against the old is awful, but in all reasonablemness had the Thai punched him then and there, well, there couldn't be grounds for criticism.  What happened later deserves universal condemnation- I see it as nothing other than a vicious punch thrown by someone who knew exactly what he was doing, and as stated before, it wasn't going to stop there, was it?

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

That's right but the law specifically allows for someone caused excitement or fright that they might overreact. 

What would have happened if he just sat in the car? 

He was stressed and trying to get to his daughter. 

How long should he sit there waiting for this thug? 

What would have happened if he got out and went to ask the Thai what was wrong or Wai an apology? Most likely a punch in the face. 

The Thai got out the car and attacked the brit, it's clear in the video. 

The brit just wants to leave. 

Yeah, it's easy to be cool when you are sitting in a director's chair in front of a VDU, but anything can happen when you are running on fight, or flee.  It certainly gave the Thai thug mmore than he'd bargained for- up to that point I'm sure he thought it an easy notch on the steering wheel.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

I too think the old nut was running on adrenaline and fear.  It does seem amusing in a way.  But, you know, it was dangerous.  I just think he had no intention of striking the Thai with the machete, and I'm not sure he even meant to run him over.  Of course, we all agree that violence against the old is awful, but in all reasonablemness had the Thai punched him then and there, well, there couldn't be grounds for criticism.  What happened later deserves universal condemnation- I see it as nothing other than a vicious punch thrown by someone who knew exactly what he was doing, and as stated before, it wasn't going to stop there, was it?

I have not seen the video of the punch. I'm pretty sure the old guy in his stress did not see him. It looks like he just wanted to get out of there. Coward beating up on an old man. 

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Yeah, it's easy to be cool when you are sitting in a director's chair in front of a VDU, but anything can happen when you are running on fight, or flee.  It certainly gave the Thai thug mmore than he'd bargained for- up to that point I'm sure he thought it an easy notch on the steering wheel.

That thai thought he had an easy mark to show off his boxing skills to the new wife. He got what was coming to him, it is a pity his legs weren't broken. 

5 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I have not seen the video of the punch. I'm pretty sure the old guy in his stress did not see him. It looks like he just wanted to get out of there. Coward beating up on an old man. 

I saw the vid. The old guy and the gold shop owner were were talking to a cop when the gold shop owner tired of talking to the cop and punched the old guy.  No one was running they were both stopped talking to a policeman. 

31 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I can't find it anymore as it has been taken down from YouTube. I watched it several times. He lunged at him from the side and punched him full force with his left hand. I'm not sure if the Thai guy is left-handed or not, but it looks like a straight full force left (as hard as he could possibly punch) from a left-hander but delivered to the left side of the head because he was standing to the victim's left. Boxers usually stand in front of their opponents, but this was an unexpected punch delivered directly from the side.

People were calling it a left hook, but it certainly was delivered with high impact to the side of the head, so it had the same effect as a full force left hook with the additional force of the run-up lunge. It caused a lot of bleeding because he had a very big ring on his middle finger. 

Here's what the boxing experts have to say about this type of punch: https://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/what-is-the-best-knockout-punch

So why is the left hook the best knockout punch? There are numerous reasons. The left hook is not a straight punch; it’s a hook. A left hook will land on the side of your opponent’s head spinning it, which either knocks him out or makes him very dizzy. Another reason why landing a punch from the side is more devastating is because the head isn’t braced against anything and so the punch can go through the target and rattle the head. If you land straight right on an opponent’s head, it’s much less damage caused because his chin and entire head is braced from behind at the neck (especially if his chin is tucked down). Another advantage about the left hook is that it comes from the side and so it’s hard to see. The left hook can come from a blind angle at long distance or even short distance and everybody knows it’s the punches you don’t see that hurt you the most.

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

I can't find it anymore as it has been taken down from YouTube. I watched it several times. He lunged at him from the side and punched him full force with his left hand. I'm not sure if the Thai guy is left-handed or not, but it looks like straight full force left from a left-hander but delivered to the left side of the head because he was standing to the victims left. Boxers usually stand in front of their opponents, but this was an unexpected punch delivered directly from the side.

People were calling it a left hook, but it certainly delivered high impact to the side of the head, so it had the same effect as a full force left hook with the additional force of the run-up lunge. It caused a lot of bleeding because he had a very big ring on his middle finger. 

Here's what the boxing experts have to say about this type of punch: https://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/what-is-the-best-knockout-punch

So why is the left hook the best knockout punch? There are numerous reasons. The left hook is not a straight punch; it’s a hook. A left hook will land on the side of your opponent’s head spinning it, which either knocks him out or makes him very dizzy. Another reason why landing a punch from the side is more devastating is because the head isn’t braced against anything and so the punch can go through the target and rattle the head. If you land straight right on an opponent’s head, it’s much less damage caused because his chin and entire head is braced from behind at the neck (especially if his chin is tucked down). Another advantage about the left hook is that it comes from the side and so it’s hard to see. The left hook can come from a blind angle at long distance or even short distance and everybody knows it’s the punches you don’t see that hurt you the most.

In fact the old man was looking straight to the policeman, and the Thai guy was on his side.. He did not see it coming, he was feeling safe in front of police.

Still, the Thai guy had some reason to be angry too, it's one of those situations where both parties are right and wrong in the same time.

The Thais are territorial, i always try not to forget that.

If i am at home, i am very territorial too.

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

So it sounds like the guy was a trained boxer beating up a 77 year old man. 

It's a heinous crime. 

There is no excuse for punching a 4 year old and there's no excuse for punching an elderly person. 

Heinous. 

Don't know, but for sure the punch was well taken, quite cowardly if you ask me.

..And the jump over the car was simply brilliant, nearly professional... i would break a few bones if i tried that.

Archived