New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

32 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Why do you say that?  He may not have hit him with the car on purpose.  You have to take yourself out of the comfort and safety of the computer chair, and out of your rational way of thinking, because he was likely agitated and frightened and acting in fight or flee.  The reckless driving and confrontation caused by the Thai driver was the reason behind it all.

Just advancing a plausible explanation and not insisting I am right. 

I am insisting you are right. 

They can all say what they want. The law is the law and we must follow the law of this country.  It more or less says, if someone else started trouble and you are in trouble with the law because of the trouble that someone else caused, then you shall be excuse.

Clear and simple. The Thai started it. Whatever comes after that is irrelevant.  

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I am insisting you are right. 

They can all say what they want. The law is the law and we must follow the law of this country.  It more or less says, if someone else started trouble and you are in trouble with the law because of the trouble that someone else caused, then you shall be excuse.

Clear and simple. The Thai started it. Whatever comes after that is irrelevant.  

Not only is that completely unintelligible but nonsense as well.  I have to ask.  Where did you find that information?  What Middle Eastern country did it come from? I flick a toothpick at you and you can chop me in half with an AK-47. 

1 hour ago, amvet said:

Nonsense I've seen 7 year old hockey players throw better punches but besides that the first thing taught in martial arts is to control your emotions.  The gold shop owner was obviously not in control of his emotions to hit an old guy in front of a cop.

Now that IS nonsense. It was a very solid and well-executed punch. LOL about martial artists controlling their emotions, suggesting that anyone who trains for Muay Thai can control their emotions after a guy attacked and damaged their car with a machete. Apart from that, some people can't control their emotions no matter how they are taught.

1 hour ago, amvet said:

I'm sure in Australia there is a law that says it's OK to attack another motorist with a long knife if you feel wronged.  I seem to remember seeing that in a Crocodile Dundee movie.  The old bloke must have thought he was back home in Australia.  No harm done mate fair dinkum and all that pip pip and off you go.

What has Australia got to do with this? It has already been mentioned he hasn't lived there for 15 years. 

You seem fascinated by that knife scene in the Crocodile Dundee movie. I must admit it was funny so let's relive the scene.

41 minutes ago, amvet said:

Not only is that completely unintelligible but nonsense as well.  I have to ask.  Where did you find that information?  What Middle Eastern country did it come from? I flick a toothpick at you and you can chop me in half with an AK-47. 

I think that anyone looking for a good lawyer (not) would have to give him a wide berth.  Not only would one go down the tubes, he would would be right behind.  :wai:

Facts from the OP.  "But then the pensioner rushes to the back of his car to retrieve a machete.
The British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."

What is making up alternative facts called?  Lies.  Not opinions. 

23 minutes ago, amvet said:
Facts from the OP.  "But then the pensioner rushes to the back of his car to retrieve a machete.
The British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."

What is making up alternative facts called?  Lies.  Not opinions. 

You're making them up. There is no clear footage of what the old guy did with the machete in front of his car, but it is clear that the Thai got straight out of his car despite him waving it around. Why did the Thai get out of his car while the old guy was waving his machete around? Any theories about that? Who would get out of his car if a person outside is waving a machete around?

The only reasonable answer is that the Thai guy didn't perceive him as much of a threat.

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

You're making them up. There is no clear footage of what the old guy did with the machete in front of his car, but it is clear that the Thai got straight out of his car despite him waving it around. Why did the Thai get out of his car while the old guy was waving his machete around? Any theories about that? Who would get out of his car if a person outside was waving a machete around?

The only reasonable answer is that the Thai guy didn't perceive him as much of a threat.

The whole thing went exactly as the Thai planned it. He he slowed the foreigner and would not let him pass then slowed him  to a stop.

He sat in the car waiting for the naive foreigner to come and ask what the foock the problem is. Then when the foreigner was in his most vulnerable position, he would leap out of the car and bash him.

Unfortunately the plan was thwarted by the machete.

Nothing innocent about his actions at all.  

When the Thai first get out of the car to confront the Brit he wouldnt have known then that the Brit would have the machette.

So he did have a premeditated idea of beating the holy hell out of a 77 y.o old guy?

He certainly show he dont discriminate on age later on at the the school.

So this being Thailand and the history of Thai men what else could you assume would have happen?  if  Brit didnt have a weapon? 

But yeah, so many here trying to excuse a young thai guy sucker punching a 77y.o when he wasnt even looking.

You guys should read again what you wrote.

What if someone punch your 77y.o grandfather like that?

Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The lengths people will go to in order to exonerate attocious behavior by a ferang is class. Should be writing fictional books or become defense lawyers. Wasted on here ( maybe  in more ways than one)

Actually, I have written a fiction novel.

But also in the course of teaching university entrance exams, I've also had to learn how to critically analyse information given, as opposed from drawing from imagined sources.  As an example, take the headline to this thread: it wasn't unedited, and it does not show him taking a swipe at the Thai.

In OP and Thai Visa News Team wrote, "British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."

If that is correct and the OP and Thai Visa news team is accurate that is attempted murder. 

I don't know of any more recent facts released.  What I have read is all supposition beyond the OP.  

machete.jpg

New posters should not be allowed to comment here until they have watched all 3 videos .  Because you can't make up your mind until you watched all of them .  Or  you are just wasting  time. 

52 minutes ago, balo said:

New posters should not be allowed to comment here until they have watched all 3 videos .  Because you can't make up your mind until you watched all of them .  Or  you are just wasting  time. 

I agree. They  should also have to pass an eyesight test and take a lie detector. 

1 hour ago, amvet said:

In OP and Thai Visa News Team wrote, "British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."

If that is correct and the OP and Thai Visa news team is accurate that is attempted murder. 

I don't know of any more recent facts released.  What I have read is all supposition beyond the OP.  

machete.jpg

In the first week videos appeared that clearly depicted the lead up to the machete incident, and the follow up punching incident.  There were three in all.  I confirm the descriptions are inaccurate.  You have to see it for yourself, and then maybe watch a few times.

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

In the first week videos appeared that clearly depicted the lead up to the machete incident, and the follow up punching incident.  There were three in all.  I confirm the descriptions are inaccurate.  

With respect, you confirm that in your opinion, the descriptions are inaccurate. 

9 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

In the first week videos appeared that clearly depicted the lead up to the machete incident, and the follow up punching incident.  There were three in all.  I confirm the descriptions are inaccurate.  You have to see it for yourself, and then maybe watch a few times.

"British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."   Is this accurate or inaccurate?  If it is inaccurate post a link so we can all see.  I'm sure Thai Visa would not want to have an inaccurate story posted.  If it is inaccurate please inform moderation and I'm sure it will be changed or removed.

5 minutes ago, amvet said:

"British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man."   Is this accurate or inaccurate?  If it is inaccurate post a link so we can all see.  I'm sure Thai Visa would not want to have an inaccurate story posted.  If it is inaccurate please inform moderation and I'm sure it will be changed or removed.

Yes, imo it is incorrect, because there is no clear evidence that he takes a swipe at the Thai's head.  At one point he does seem to raise the machete high, and it sort of wavers  cobra style, before he then takes a wide sweep to land it on the vehicle again.  The video is poor quality, and it is very difficult to also judge distance between Thai man and the old nut.

This has been written before and others have posted much the same.

But as gc and tropo have pointed out, it really is about the defence of provocation and intent.

You take it up with the powers that be if you want.

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

I wonder what's going on with the old guy now . He's probably very worried . I never met a gold shop owner that owned a "brio ??" I am wondering if he is the toilet cleaner that works at the gold shop ? ?

What does that have to do with being attacked by an old guy with a machete?  Is there ample evidence that the elder person attacked the younger person with a deadly weapon?  Is there a cut on the young fellows arm and holes in his windshield?

Is there enough evidence to convince a Thai judge of assault with a deadly weapon?  Is that attempted murder in Thailand?

cut.jpg

1 hour ago, amvet said:

What does that have to do with being attacked by an old guy with a machete?  Is there ample evidence that the elder person attacked the younger person with a deadly weapon?  Is there a cut on the young fellows arm and holes in his windshield?

Is there enough evidence to convince a Thai judge of assault with a deadly weapon?  Is that attempted murder in Thailand?

cut.jpg

All that waving around with a machete and all he's got is that tiny little scratch to insinuate attempted murder. 

Clearly the oldy was using the weapon as a warning to stop that thug harassment and let the poor man go and collect his daughter. 

Just try and stop me going to get my daughter, I'll do more than than. I'll cut his bouncers off! !!!???

44 minutes ago, greenchair said:

All that waving around with a machete and all he's got is that tiny little scratch to insinuate attempted murder. 

Clearly the oldy was using the weapon as a warning to stop that thug harassment and let the poor man go and collect his daughter. 

Just try and stop me going to get my daughter, I'll do more than than. I'll cut his bouncers off! !!!???

Not wild west or outback here.  It is city in Thailand.  He did not go after anyone with a machete at the daughters school.  Road rage simple.  My question based on the video evidence and testimony of witnesses is there enough evidence to convince a Thai judge of assault with a deadly weapon?  Is that attempted murder in Thailand?

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I am sure you would be very angry but would you want to put your child through all that trauma and possibly be without a father for a very long time?  I think given the situation you would be a lot more rational than you suggest.:wai:

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

You have no idea why the farang did what he did, other than the picture of innocence you are trying to paint. Just as you have no idea as to why the Thai guy did what he did.

You can speculate and embelish all you like as to the farangs actions, "ITS your opinion" 

I could state that "clearly the farang left home with the intention of attacking a thai person". That would be a wildly speculative statement.

There have been statements in other threads by people who are acquainted with the farang, saying he has a quick temper and not surprising to see this guy involved in the incident.

There are as many interpretations and speculation as there are posters, most will base there opinions on causation, appropriate reaction, even the laws of physics. Thankfully most will leave out their preconceived notions and speculation.

Its very disappointing to see someone base there opinion, embellish the facts and try to influence the opinions of others, based on what appears to be blind prejudice, xenophobia and racism.

Yes, its showing

Archived