Change in banknotes?

Deserted

It would be a great idea!!All the people who would have to exchange warehouses full of money would need to explain where it all came from.

So far it was a good secret,if this is really to happen there will be a lot of panic buying,gold ,land ,real estate.

something in the trend of what happened when the Euro came.

A lot of people send their money over seas but the government(tax department)is slowly but surely getting most of them.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

It would be a great idea!!All the people who would have to exchange warehouses full of money would need to explain where it all came from.

So far it was a good secret,if this is really to happen there will be a lot of panic buying,gold ,land ,real estate.

something in the trend of what happened when the Euro came.

A lot of people send their money over seas but the government(tax department)is slowly but surely getting most of them.

I dont think he means a total replacement of existing money,just new notes

with the current Kings picture, yes they are coming.

regards Worgeordie

59 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I dont think he means a total replacement of existing money,just new notes

with the current Kings picture, yes they are coming.

regards Worgeordie

Of course no instant replacement.

If you live in Thailand then you have two different editions of the 1000 Baht note, 99% likely.

Same for 20s, 50s, 100s in the past and still different 100s in circulation.

It's not too long that a new edition of 1000 notes with Bhumibol came out.

It will take time.

My guess is that there will at least be a limited edition for the crowning of Rama X.

I don't know a schedule for that.

Banknotes in circulation due to BoT (series 15 and 16):

https://www.bot.or.th/English/Banknotes/HistoryAndSeriesOfBanknotes/Pages/Current_Series_of_Banknotes.aspx

Right click on note, "Show image" or the like to see in color.

It will take a long long time until coins are exchanged.

Yes agreed. Part of me thinks that it will either be some time before we see the new king on a banknote or we just won't see him on one.

It was on the telly a couple of weeks ago showing some new notes with Rama IX on 20,50,100,500 and 1000 Baht notes.

The only difference being that on the back of each note will be a picture of King Bhumibol in various stages of his life.

Not sure when they are to be released but get the impression that it’s imminent.

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It was on the telly a couple of weeks ago showing some new notes with Rama IX on 20,50,100,500 and 1000 Baht notes.

The only difference being that on the back of each note will be a picture of King Bhumibol in various stages of his life.

Not sure when they are to be released but get the impression that it’s imminent.

This was a limited edition released on Wednesday 20th September. They were available in banks at their face value, with a maximum of 2 sets per person.

I think a new edition is due. The business I work for handles quite a lot of cash in 1,000 baht notes. During the last 3 or 4 months the general standard of these notes has markedly declined. Some notes are really filthy.

It looks like the notes are being used as much as possible before being withdrawn.

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Let's hope the new notes will have extra safety marks making them easier to distinguish and harder to forge...

With the lower denomination ones at least being made in polymer, which should make them last 2.5 times as long as the current paper versions, if the BOE's claim in the context of the new £5 note issued last year in the UK is to be believed:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_England_£5_note