Best Truck Ford or Toyota!

Duaned

On 11/9/2017 at 3:06 PM, Rancid said:

I think any of the major pickups would work out fine. Personally have a Navarro that am very happy with, fact is everyone cheer-leads whatever brand they own to reinforce their purchase decision. My Ford in Oz had its oil cooler pack it in just out of warranty, fortunately it was replaced gratis by Ford as I'd always serviced at the dealer, suspect though that may not occur here.

Could be a little owner bias in this thread!  Personally I don't own any but drive most as company vehicles. 

Toyota superior reliability is mostly a myth.  The previous Hilux was good but so were the previous gen Triton, Ranger and Dmax.  Our older Hilux's have had dramas with EGR valves and turbos.  Our old Isuzu's are mostly gone with the last one completely F<@)#d.  So far in terms of number of problems, the 2009 & 10 Rangers were the best followed by previous gen Tritons.  YMMV

Of the current crop, I prefer the new Ranger, they are an excellent truck to drive.  We have not had any issues with them so if you have a decent dealer nearby, they would be a good choice.  The new Nissan seems ok, nice car like interior.  Engine is a little revy.  Don't have new Hilux's or Triton's yet.  The new models all have a while yet to prove long term reliability.  

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really think there are any bad pick-ups here it all depends on what you have driven over the years and got you out of trouble if you ever got stuck.
i have managed to get in some serious mud and ditches in the past and always managed to get out.

A friend of mine who had no end of problems with his Lemon Ranger set his Gps go Home setting to his Ford Garage which made me laugh....
He finally managed to get rid of it and ended up buying the new Navara which he swears by.
For me i always have and will trust a Toyota
A ford raptor(not a ranger with a ford grill) would be great but to big for Thailand .
Isn't it strange that every truck has copied the vigo shape look at the older rangers and mazdas they were tiny when the 4x4 vigo arrived back in 2005/06  then they all tried to copy it .

That must be why Toyota scrapped 4 or 5 years of development work when the 2011 Ranger was released and started again...

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

6 minutes ago, Jack james said:

Just drove 2016 Isuzu 4 door,& Toyota hilux. Hilux has less road noise.

My 4x4 auto Hilux is now in it's eleventh year, not a sound from anything, oh, except a couple of rattling buddha thingies she must have hanging from the mirror on rough roads....:stoner:

Could be a little owner bias in this thread!  Personally I don't own any but drive most as company vehicles. 

Toyota superior reliability is mostly a myth.  The previous Hilux was good but so were the previous gen Triton, Ranger and Dmax.  Our older Hilux's have had dramas with EGR valves and turbos.  Our old Isuzu's are mostly gone with the last one completely F  
Of the current crop, I prefer the new Ranger, they are an excellent truck to drive.  We have not had any issues with them so if you have a decent dealer nearby, they would be a good choice.  The new Nissan seems ok, nice car like interior.  Engine is a little revy.  Don't have new Hilux's or Triton's yet.  The new models all have a while yet to prove long term reliability.  
And the fuel consumption on my Ranger is now 1,4 km per liter or 0,72 l per 10 km. I like that.

Skickat från min K6000 Pro via Tapatalk

10 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

Update for the 2018 Revo been announced in Thai motoring media, brand new grill ridiculous. Plus wait to you see the pics of the new model , the Rocco, brought out to compete with the Ford WT and Isuzu tarted up one. Rocco rocks, lol.

TOYOTA-HILUX-ROCCO.jpg.c7efcaf8a1b7205eb40a19800c9997bd.jpg

Ford ranger has a smaller turning circle which comes in handy when doing a U turn and better wing/door mirrors as far as rear viewing is concerned

Toyota is better with everything else in my opinion, fuel economy, quality of materials used and finnish, ride and handling, also more comfortable to drive on a long trip (no sore bum)

Its also cheaper than ford ranger wldtrak in the top model Hilux Revo with better service and warranty

Just my personal experience driving both vehicles, i am sure other people think differently 

Just a afterthought, ford ranger binds up on full wheel lock when turning and hilux does not

Edited by madmax2

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the previous model with the chrome grill, i think its a better looking vehicle and would not update it, i think they are the same apart from the look of the exterior which i do not find attractive with all the black

There would be no problem with reliability if they are the same mechanically as the previous model which they are by what i have read about them 

10 hours ago, mickemus said:

The hilux mentioned is manufactured in South Africa not Thailand

I have not heard of any injector problems with Thai made Hilux's

It does not surprise me that the D max is number one though

Both Revo and D Max are very reliable vehicles and are the highest selling pickups in Thailand

Both Revo and D Max are very reliable vehicles and are the highest selling pickups in Thailand
The D-Max drives like the 2006 Ranger. It's way behind the current leading pickups.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Ford ranger has a smaller turning circle which comes in handy when doing a U turn and better wing/door mirrors as far as rear viewing is concerned
Toyota is better with everything else in my opinion, fuel economy, quality of materials used and finnish, ride and handling, also more comfortable to drive on a long trip (no sore bum)
Its also cheaper than ford ranger wldtrak in the top model Hilux Revo with better service and warranty
Just my personal experience driving both vehicles, i am sure other people think differently 
Just a afterthought, ford ranger binds up on full wheel lock when turning and hilux does not
The only cloth option on Revo top model is leather, and I don't like that stuff in this climate. Wildtrak has now a days fabrics seat, that was my choice.

On 01/12/2017 at 8:51 AM, madmax2 said:

The Revo  has two completely new engines so a bit early to comment on long term reliability. The D4D engines had some fuel injector problems. Toyota now offer an injector cleaning service , just had it done on my seven year Hilux, 1900B on top of the 6 month service interval. Before that our local Toyota dealer always gave you a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. 

Edited by phutoie2
?

17 hours ago, hemskasven01 said:

The only cloth option on Revo top model is leather, and I don't like that stuff in this climate. Wildtrak has now a days fabrics seat, that was my choice.

Horses for courses, I had cloth seats in my first toyota in thailand which i could have had leather seats in but i thought cloth would be better in a tropical climate

The 2 vehicles i have bought since then have leather seats which i find better, driving with the air conditioning most of the time so no problem with the leather seats sticking to you   

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Horses for courses, I had cloth seats in my first toyota in thailand which i could have had leather seats in but i thought cloth would be better in a tropical climate

The 2 vehicles i have bought since then have leather seats which i find better, driving with the air conditioning most of the time so no problem with the leather seats sticking to you   

Light cloth can get grubby as well, and takes some time to get properly cleaned. I have leather on my honda that is still good after 13 years - but that's because I have used leather conditioner on it regularly. The main issue with that car is the leather is pulled tight so it makes the seats quite hard. Thus, I did use car seat covers in the front. That also helps keep sweat of the leather that can damage it. But with air cond, leather is still comfortable. 

14 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

The Revo  has two completely new engines so a bit early to comment on long term reliability. The D4D engines had some fuel injector problems. Toyota now offer an injector cleaning service , just had it done on my seven year Hilux, 1900B on top of the 6 month service interval. Before that our local Toyota dealer always gave you a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. 

Completely new or upgraded engines, always used fuel injector cleaner in my diesel engined vehicles of all makes and if you do not change your fuel filter regularly you will have injector problems if the filter blocks or gets a hole in it