Best Truck Ford or Toyota!

Duaned

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gohmer said:

Obviously you haven’t owned a ford. There’s a reason the Ford F150 is the top selling vehicle of all kinds in the states. If you’re an outdoorsman, building a house, etc the fords are on the road years and years after the Japanese pickups. They are great the first few years but not built fir heavy use or the long haul. 

You ain't in the states....And the rest is crap....sad-face.gif.5c54da8f1aa4bc521296b99c19da6784.gif

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The design and engineer still come out of their HQ in Michigan.  If you have proof it doesn't educate me please.  Thanks

The newest once since 2011 was designed and engineer by Ford Australia.

To the OP, get what you like the most unless you place importance in stuff like cheap repair, resale value, etc. You can't go wrong with either truck.

Edited by mike324

38 minutes ago, transam said:

You ain't in the states....And the rest is crap....sad-face.gif.5c54da8f1aa4bc521296b99c19da6784.gif

He hasn't arrived in Thailand. Call me when he does. The Ford F150 is US garbage, the Redneck Rolls Royce. Can carry a ton of Bud in the back.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

What input did the USA have ?

Am happy to be corrected but I beleive the Hilux/Fortuner were also designed in Australia.

FWIW I would not buy a Ford no matter were it was designed.

Like Ford, I'm sure whether the Hilux/Fortuner is designed in Australia or not, I believe I can safely say it isn't all pure Australian to say that Toyota a Japanese company the Japanese don't have a final say in all matters. That being said that goes for Ford.  When it comes to vehicles the Hilux might not look at goods as the Ford, but I'm looking for the overall package, I don't want to be looking at a Ford sitting up on the rack being fixed all the time.  I'm willing to go less in style and get a whole lot of good history in return.

As for Ford trucks #1, the number I believe are deceptive since majority are purchased in the States, which has a much larger population.

When it comes to Mazda, it is part of Ford, and Isuzu is part of Chevy or at least they use a similar components and whenever I here Chevy I get nightmares.

32 minutes ago, mike324 said:

The newest once since 2011 was designed and engineer by Ford Australia.

To the OP, get what you like the most unless you place importance in stuff like cheap repair, resale value, etc. You can't go wrong with either truck.

Remember, there is more to design is what I'm saying. Offices and location are global today not because they are design better from the States but due to cost etc.. There is more to design at least for me what makes the thing run, service is a major concern to me.

Trump might be talking America first bring back all the offshore stuff, but I'm glad others are making them. I fear the old days, where you only had American to chose from, having to make sure you don't buy a vehicle made on Friday and Monday.

1 hour ago, Duaned said:

Ok I started this topic and by reading all the input that has educated me tremendously on the 2 I will buy the Toyota ! Thanks everyone for the advice I appreciate it!

Duane

Not rocket science!  If I had a Ford, based on comments I would have put the sign up and get to the nearest showroom for Toyota:spamsign:

45 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

When it comes to Mazda, it is part of Ford, and Isuzu is part of Chevy or at least they use a similar components and whenever I here Chevy I get nightmares.

Ford and Mazda split a few years back.

Edited by Techno Viking

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The design and engineer still come out of their HQ in Michigan.  If you have proof it doesn't educate me please.  Thanks

Ford Ranger was designed by Ford Australia, built in Thailand

I'm surprised the OP even asked this question. Toyota has a world-wide reputation for reliability. Every mechanic in Thailand knows how to work on them.

Fords have a lousy reputation for customer service. They are built to a budget. Quality is secondary.

Ironically, Toyota's reputation was built on an American, W. Edwards Deming. He gave the Japanese auto industry advice on statistical quality control after the American auto industry refused to listen to him.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

I heard that but I also heard they still share some of the internal part. When you look at the Ranger and Mazda 50? side by side there are some similar lines on the vehicle.

This is what I was told also about the Chevy Truck with the Izusu.

1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

Ford Ranger was designed by Ford Australia, built in Thailand

I understand that.... didn't miss it!  people keep on saying "Design"  does one mean the exterior of the vehicle?  if that is the case looks isn't all in buying a car as noted by a few who design and engineer the transmission?  Truck runs good but if you can't put it in gear what we got? Just a vehicle that looks good on the rack while I'm in the waiting area looking at it!

39 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I heard that but I also heard they still share some of the internal part. When you look at the Ranger and Mazda 50? side by side there are some similar lines on the vehicle.

This is what I was told also about the Chevy Truck with the Izusu.

The BT-50 may still gave some Ford parts in it but that is only because it is based on the T6 platform, you can be sure when the new BT-50 is released there will be none as it will be an Izuzu pickup.

Izuzu and GM split as well so I doubt there is much Izuzu content in the Colorado.

Edited by Techno Viking

As far as I know ;

Ford Pickups sold in North America

are completely different vehicle to

Ford Pickups sold outside of North America

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ford Pickups in North America ;

Until most recently, & continuing

100% Ford

manufactured in North America ONLY

e.g.

Ford Ranger sold in North America

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ford Pickups in Rest of the World ;

Until most recently

Drivetrain [ Engine, Transmission ] ; Mazdas

Chassis & Suspension ; Mazda ; Not 100% sure 8-)

Body ; Ford

Re-badged as Ford

Manufactured [ Assembled ] in Thailand, & other locations outside of North America

e.g.

Ford Ranger sold in Thailand up until most recently

Presently

100% Ford

Designed by Ford, Australia

Manufactured  [ Assembled ] in Thailand, & other locations outside of North America

e.g.

Ford Ranger sold in Thailand

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mazda Pickups in North America ;

Until most recently

Drivetrain [ Engine, Transmission ] ; Ford

Chassis & Suspension ; Ford ; Not 100% sure 8-)

Body ; Mazda

Re-badged as Mazda

Manufactured in North America

Presently

I DO NOT KNOW

Mazda Pickups in Rest of the World ;

Until most recently

100 % Mazda

Presently

Drivetrain [ Engine, Transmission ]  ; Ford

Chassis & Suspension ; Ford ; Not 100% sure 8-)

Body ; Mazda

Re-badged as Mazda

Manufactured [ Assembled ] in Thailand, & other locations outside of North America

e.g.

Mazda Pickup BT-50

.................................................................................................................

I am humbly open to correction 8-)

Our Man in the Tropics

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics

If u want Ford Pickup ;

U may be wiser to get Mazda BT-50 ;

See below ;

"... underpinnings are largely the same"

And, maybe interior of Mazda better or at least equal.

And, perhaps Mazda dealerships in general are better.

And, cheaper than Ford.

But, maybe body is different ;

And, if so ;

Probably the Ford more strong ;

Double Panels throughout the Ford & not on Mazda ?

Ref.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_BT-50

Second generation (UP; 2011–2015)

A full model change of the Mazda BT-50 was revealed on October 2010 at the Australian International Motor Show.[8][9] It is based on the Ford Ranger (T6).

While the BT-50 version was designed by a Mazda team based at Ford Australia's design center in Melbourne, both Ford and Mazda worked independently. Of the exterior panels, only the windscreen, roof, and rear screen are common between the Ranger and BT-50, although the underpinnings are largely the same.[10] Mazda BT-50 is produced in Thailand and South Africa.

COMPARISONS

Ref.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)

Ford Ranger (T6)
2015 Ford Ranger (PX) XL Hi-Rider 4-door utility (2015-11-11) 01.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Ford
Production 2011–present
Assembly Rayong, Thailand (AAT)
Silverton, South Africa
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Ford Argentina)
Body and chassis
Class Mid-size pickup truck
Body style 2-door single cab
4-door extended cab
4-door double cab
Layout Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive
Related Mazda BT-50
JMC Yuhu
Troller T4
Ford Everest
Powertrain
Engine 2.5 L Duratec 25 I4 (petrol)
2.2 L Duratorq I4 (diesel)
3.2 L Duratorq I5 (diesel)
Transmission 5-speed manual
6-speed manual
6-speed automatic
Dimensions
Wheelbase 3,226 mm (127.0 in), Everest 112.2
Length 5,359 mm (211.0 in), Everest 192.6
Width 1,849 mm (72.8 in), Everest 73.3
Height 1,815 mm (71.5 in) Everest 72.3
Kerb weight 1,866–1,968 kg (4,114–4,339 lb) [1]
Chronology
Predecessor

Ford Ranger (Argentina)
Ford Ranger (Mazda BT-50)
Ford Courier (Brazil)
Ford F-250 Super Duty (Brazil)
Ford Transit (Brazil)
Ford F150 (some configurations) (US) (2019)

//////////////////////////////////

Ref.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_BT-50

Mazda BT-50
2013 Mazda BT-50 (UP) XTR 4WD 4-door utility (2015-07-24) 01.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Mazda
Production 2006–present
Body and chassis
Class Compact pickup truck (2006–2011)
Mid-sized pickup truck (2011–present)
Related Ford Ranger
JMC Yuhu
Chronology
Predecessor Mazda B-Series

Second generation (UP)
Mazda BT-50 SDX 2.2 TDCi 4x4 2014 (16288882822).jpg
2014 Mazda BT-50 SDX 2.2 TDCi
Overview
Production 2011–present
Assembly Rayong, Thailand (AAT)
Silverton, South Africa
Designer Ryo Yanagisawa[6]
Body and chassis
Class Mid-size pickup truck
Body style 2-door single cab
2-door extended cab
4-door double cab
Layout Front-engine, rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive
Related Ford Ranger (T6)
Powertrain
Engine MZ-CD 2.2 L I4 diesel[7]
MZ-CD 3.2 L I5 (diesel)
Transmission 6-speed manual
6-speed automatic
Dimensions
Wheelbase 3,226 mm (127.0 in)
Length 5,359 mm (211.0 in)
Width 1,849 mm (72.8 in)
Height 1,741 mm (68.5 in) (single cab)
1,837 mm (72.3 in) (double cab)
1,856 mm (73.1 in) (freestyle cab)
Kerb weight 1,708–2,051 kg (3,765–4,522 lb)[7]
Edited by Our Man in the Tropics

8 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

True.I bought a Bravo 4000V6 fwd....V6  four litre engine...mighty car ..but a heap of crap...nothing but problems.....Mazda badged Ford.

Bought a BT50 after that...Mazda all the way..brilliant 4WD, 7 years and still going strong.

The BT50 3 litre turbo diesel seems to have a lot more power than the petrol V6 4 litre Ford motor ever had.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

True.I bought a Bravo 4000V6 fwd....V6  four litre engine...mighty car ..but a heap of crap...nothing but problems.....Mazda badged Ford.

Bought a BT50 after that...Mazda all the way..brilliant 4WD, 7 years and still going strong.

The BT50 3 litre turbo diesel seems to have a lot more power than the petrol V6 4 litre Ford motor ever had.

The Bravo was not a rebaged Ford.

I've owned a Ford F 150. When I bitched to the dealership that I had spent over 50k (CDN) on

maintenance and repairs over the years the repair department punched in the vehicle so

he could call me out on my statement. His jaw dropped "you weren't exaggerating" and

"you just got a lemon" three transmissions, etc...etc.. Dealer maintained and never driven

off road. So 100% buy the Toyota. 

My last two vehicles (in the US) one was a '96 Ford Exploder (lol Explorer XLT) the other was an old (forgot the year) Toyota Starlet that I purchased in college for $85. It had 85,000 miles on it and was pretty beat up, (the previous owner liked her booze) I drove it from AZ to WI and back, no problems. (Other than lacking power) could do 85 mph downhill and 65 to 70 up. I had to replace the starter, disk brake pads, and frequently tighten the manifold bolts. I regretably retired it with 283,000 miles as I was only allowed one vehicle where I stayed, (they didn't like the ugly one). The Explorer was fairly reliable, AC & Engine were great but the 4WD automatic transmission needed to be rebuilt 3 times in 156,000 miles, the engine was a 4.0 V-6 only problems were a smog valve needed replacement twice, and needed spark plugs & wires at about 85,000 miles. After 2 trannies @ $3000 each I gave the vehicle to the tranny shop. For overall dependability I side with Toyota. But I also had good luck with the Ford relativly speaking minus transmissions. Neither engine burned oil, but the Explorer had problems passing emissions as it got older

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Um

23 hours ago, JAS21 said:

where is the guy with the Mitsu

I'm here, I liked the ford, the looks and the fact is is a good quality machine, but ford and Thailand don't seem to mix, i choose the Mitsu as it was cheaper, better specs and does not have to go to a ford dealership, also my wife is anti Toyota.

out of the 2, Ford or Toyota if i was the op i would choose Toyota, for the same reason i chose Mitsu.

18 hours ago, gohmer said:

Obviously you haven’t owned a ford. There’s a reason the Ford F150 is the top selling vehicle of all kinds in the states. If you’re an outdoorsman, building a house, etc the fords are on the road years and years after the Japanese pickups. They are great the first few years but not built fir heavy use or the long haul. 

This is Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Got an Isuzu Super Platinum second hand and not a moments trouble. Lovely drive.  But buying new I love that orangery red Ranger which makes Toyota look boring so I'd be going through he same process you are. Got a friend with a Ranger and it's been pure magic... no issues so i would probably take the chance with the gorgeous ranger personally but I do hear the chorus that Toyota is technically better on here. Difficult one.

Edited by LannaGuy

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Got an Isuzu Super Platinum second hand and not a moments trouble. Lovely drive.  But buying new I love that orangery red Ranger which makes Toyota look boring so I'd be going through he same process you are. Got a friend with a Ranger and it's been pure magic... no issues so i would probably take the chance with the gorgeous ranger personally but I do hear the chorus that Toyota is technically better on here. Difficult one.

Thats nice, not sure why you qouted me though.