Have you seen these Russians? Phangan police and hotels want a word

Jonathan Fairfield

On 17.10.2017 at 2:26 PM, madusa said:

They are handsome(look at photos) and they know how to talk the birds to come down from the tree. No doubt these are quality tourists, after all what is one night free room for them, the hotels are making millions every year. And the meals, are they good I wonder, too hot and spicy for Russians they may not enjoy it but they are nice they didn't complain.

This is Karma for the Thais who are always scamming the farangs, so this is pay back time.

If I see them I will say, "You clever boys"

They might not bring economical downfall to Thailand or even a specific hotel, but they sure give us a bad name.

Why am I as a Russian tourist should be looked down upon (like I don’t have enough problem being lone female traveler), just because bunch of freeloaders are giving me a bad rep?

If they can afford a ticket, they should pay for food and loggings. Thais are not at fault that politics are screwed up right now.

Otherwise stay home and get a freaking job like the rest of us.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, danea83 said:

They might not bring economical downfall to Thailand or even a specific hotel, but they sure give us a bad name.

Why am I as a Russian tourist should be looked down upon (like I don’t have enough problem being lone female traveler), just because bunch of freeloaders are giving me a bad rep?

If they can afford a ticket, they should pay for food and loggings. Thais are not at fault that politics are screwed up right now.

You are right: people like these were born to believe that the world owes them a living. They probably also think they are the smartest things on the planet. Just watch how they cry their eyes out and call for mama when they are caught.

7 hours ago, danea83 said:

If only the world changes its perception that would do everybody a hell lot of good. Right now every nationality would feel bad if one of its fellow countryman did something shameful or evil. That's totally wrong perception.

Who says these 2 young Russkies represent Russia ? Since when? These 2 young Russkies are only responsible for themselves and no one else. So being Russian you should not be affected at all. If someone say to you, "What a shame you Russian behave badly", you should tell them to piss off. You don't even have to explain to them.

Well, if more Russians going to do silly things in Thailand where would you want to hide your face? They are going to get drunk, walk about naked, shouting at Thais, etc., so you going to take on all these responsibilities? It must be hard on you.

You are an individual even as a Russian national you still are an individual and you can only be responsible for your own deeds or words, nothing else. As long as you are a good Russian that's all it matters. Long live the Russians!! ( I believe Russia is a good country ). If you want to see idiots you should come to my country we probably got more of them than you would find in Russia. I don't have to hide my face I smile at them.

8 hours ago, madusa said:

If only the world changes its perception that would do everybody a hell lot of good.

What you say is true and in a perfect world this is how it should be.

But sad truth is, people base their opinion on actions of others first, rather than be open-minded and try to get to know you as a person.

So yeah, those boys are responsible for themselves and nasty people can come from any place, but indivertibly they still leave some bad aftertaste for the rest of us.

18 hours ago, danea83 said:

They have nothing on them. Those guys (judging from the pic) are using inner passport and to enter\exit foreign country you need to use international passport, as far as I know those 2 are not connected. In theory, they don’t even need to sneak they can parade “through the front door”

The hotel has their passport and visa status as they must file a TM30 report to immigration, as said in the OP, how would they know that they are on overstay without a TM30 report. 

On 10/18/2017 at 6:43 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So you think it is okay to break any of the other thousands of laws, so long as you don't break the ones that you deem to be important ....... interesting analysis, but also a formula for a completely lawless society. Extremely progressive thinking on your part ..... doh   

I never said it was OK,  but the reality in this country is it is virtually lawless. Stand and watch the way everyone drives here, including long term foreigners. If you have money and the right contacts you get off with murder. So my personal observation on these two "chancers" is that they basically made some locals look a bit daft by taking a chance and getting off with it. Then social media is used to try and track them down instead of "proper police work" which will never happen here as long as their rear ends point downwards. Everyone gets their photo taken arriving and departing the country. Bio-metric Passports are the norm, you have to fill out paper work for immigration, you "should" fill out paperwork and hand over your passport in a hotel for them to copy. CCTV cameras all over the place and yet....the  police can't catch foreign criminals without having to "round-up" foreigners in the hope some of them might be "bad guys".

In Russia we have a system - www.findface.ru - where you can upload the photo of the person and it will show you links to their social network accounts. It's a very good tool to find people. Unfortunately, there are no photos in this post, so I can't help here.