Video: Theft at Thai massage - CCTV catches foreign thieves in action

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

What is the point of taking so many pictures of people by immigration on entry to the country and with every single bit of paper to the authorities if it cant be used in such matters as this? 

It's a mobile phone ...

4 hours ago, Docno said:

Not uncommon for massage girls... sometimes particularly naïve customers help defray the cost as a 'gift'. I've always been impressed with how massage girls often have much nicer phones than mine. 

There will probably be some massage girls among the first purchasers of the iPhone 10 in Bangkok. 

Materialism is strong in Thai culture especially considering most call themselves Buddhist. iPhone is a status symbol.  

2 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

They absolutely do not look Aussie you racist p..g. Look more European. Most likely holding  false passports made in Thailand with false drivers licence and forged currency all made in the wonderful country. Plus bet they had a smoko on your clean beach! Aside from that I feel sorry for the innocent massage parlour..

Come on mate.

It's got to be Aussies.

Base ball caps,  campish clothes,  and a man bags.

Aussies to a T :giggle:

Edited by stanleycoin

3 hours ago, mikosan said:

I've certainly never been fingerprinted entering or leaving Thailand and I certainly don't recall being fingerprinted entering or leaving Cambodia and I have been there many times.  Maybe it's a new thing, I haven't been there for a year or so?

Jan 2016 compulsory fingerprinting entering Siem Reap

46 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Come on mate.

It's got to be Aussies.

Base ball caps,  campish clothes,  and a man bags.

Aussies to a T :giggle:

Lol.... if that describes an Aussi, these then deserve a good beating before deportation... and yes I know, deportation is a (rather respectable these days) part of our heritage ?

I've certainly never been fingerprinted entering or leaving Thailand and I certainly don't recall being fingerprinted entering or leaving Cambodia and I have been there many times.  Maybe it's a new thing, I haven't been there for a year or so?

They started doing that at the airports only, but last time I went to Siem Reap (via Chong Chom border crossing) I got fingerprinted Entering and Leaving Cambodia. This was in July.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

How can massage girls (I use that term loosely) afford i-phone 7s?

Down payment , and they pay interests , anyone with a job can afford it. 

48 minutes ago, MJCM said:

They started doing that at the airports only, but last time I went to Siem Reap (via Chong Chom border crossing) I got fingerprinted Entering and Leaving Cambodia. This was in July.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I came home thru Phuket on Sunday... no fingerprinting

6 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Why does it always have to be highlighted when the suspected criminals are foreigners.

It somehow seems to imply that Thai would not do this , or should be reserved for Thai only. Feels a bit odd. Imagine the pc brigade when Western media would do the same.

Nonsense !  If you read Thai news web sites domestic cases involving Thais are published daily!  Murder, thieves, whatever! 

This is Thaivisa so foreigners is more interesting to read about. 

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

With pleasure, always happy to assist.  The curtain in the shop from behind which the first girl peered out when the men came in suggests that there may be massages happening there.  The only massage shops I've been in, and used myself, all have individual rooms with a locking door, upstairs (or downstairs in one case), none of them do the business behind curtains so close to the door.  The genuine Thai massage only places generally are set up as seen in the CCTV.

Enlightened now?

No. Most have that "set up" downstairs with rooms upstairs or out back for more privacy so it could easily be a brothel. 

Anyway back on subject let's hope they get their phones returned or they  be on suicide watch if they can't get on Facebook. 

What is the purpose of the photo at immigration. Has to be a big data base, "or not".

Facial recognition software available, should be easy to find these guys if indeed there is a data base kept by immigration. Clear photo also should be recognized by some one!

Or as many say a big scam!

Also how about stopping the comments on spelling and grammar on this forum.

Non native speaker try their best, most of us understand what they are trying to say, just as I have to with my Thai staff most of the time. 

Even us Native English speakers make mistakes, so what!

A great example of why there should be smart phone insurance offered here in the LOS. 

I believe iPhones have a find my phone feature, however, I doubt it will work with the sim card removed. The carrier can also block the phone MAC address, IMEI, Serial number & such 

16 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

How can massage girls (I use that term loosely) afford i-phone 7s?

Thats a lot of extras :blink:

They are $1000 aren't they? Why on earth would a massage girl need such an overpriced phone, let alone afford it in the first place.  Perhaps they should put it on 'Do Not Disturb' and use the timer and keep it nearby.  Personally I have frequently been aggravated by MP girls who can't leave their phone alone and do their job.

They do leave them lying around on charge though......

Thieves, disgusting scum, I hope they are caught soon and punished severely. But let us not lose perspective, the story here is because they are foreign.

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

I came home thru Phuket on Sunday... no fingerprinting

I didn't mean Thai Airports but I meant Cambodian Airports. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough ! Thai Aiports don't do Fingerprinting (YET :thumbsup:)

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But let us not lose perspective, the story here is because they are foreign.

You mean the story is on TV/Nation--English news--because they are foreign Jacko ?

Yes probably so--Thais do cover all their own crimes extensively though... great watching every morning--TV. 

I was just watching the unluckiest thief in BKK , grabbed a ladies necklace while he was on his motorbike --it broke in half. Out of the 1,000s of gold shops in BKK he walks into the same one she is in, asking about a repair job to her half, lays down his half asking "how much I get"?

5 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

Also how about stopping the comments on spelling and grammar on this forum.

Non native speaker try their best, most of us understand what they are trying to say, just as I have to with my Thai staff most of the time. 

Even us Native English speakers make mistakes, so what!

Good one ksamuiguy..... 100% correct... a better man offers a helping hand, not a booted foot.

i would also add that if a post is not understood, then simply ask for clarification, vs making caustic, belittling and unnessesary remarks

During my first outing in the workforce, I was on a crew with a Greek guy who couldn’t speak English for s***.... most everyone took the pish out of him... but I learnt that he had mastered seven different languages, whereas we ( the rest of the crew) were battling with one.... turned out that he was the smartest guy in the room.

32 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Good one ksamuiguy..... 100% correct... a better man offers a helping hand, not a booted foot.

i would also add that if a post is not understood, then simply ask for clarification, vs making caustic, belittling and unnessesary remarks

During my first outing in the workforce, I was on a crew with a Greek guy who couldn’t speak English for s***.... most everyone took the pish out of him... but I learnt that he had mastered seven different languages, whereas we ( the rest of the crew) were battling with one.... turned out that he was the smartest guy in the room.

"...most everyone took the pish out of him..."

Don't you mean ouro?:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, bannork said:

You may be better than me at accents, could they be South African?

Maybe,  but best not quote me as I really do not know why they would be Sth Africans? :w00t:

Go for a ride on a train in Melbourne and see if you can spot the Aussie accent or what it once was....

39 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Maybe,  but best not quote me as I really do not know why they would be Sth Africans? :w00t:

Go for a ride on a train in Melbourne and see if you can spot the Aussie accent or what it once was....

It would be cheaper to head to a massage parlour here but I doubt the missus would approve.:smile:

On 10/18/2017 at 2:11 AM, BWPattaya said:

If they are genuine iPhones just use “Find my iPhone”. 

That will locate the Phones easily 

If they have find my iPhone set up!

most Thai do not!

On 10/19/2017 at 1:34 AM, Kadilo said:

No. Most have that "set up" downstairs with rooms upstairs or out back for more privacy so it could easily be a brothel. 

Anyway back on subject let's hope they get their phones returned or they  be on suicide watch if they can't get on Facebook. 

No. The ones that are set up as in this OP are the genuine Thai massage places, the other types that masquerade as traditional Thai massage shops are never set up like that, for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No. The ones that are set up as in this OP are the genuine Thai massage places, the other types that masquerade as traditional Thai massage shops are never set up like that, for obvious reasons.

Is that what you tell your girlfriend?