Bangkok is one of the most dangerous cities to live in, study says

webfact

I lived in Bangkok for 17 years previously, never had any incident. None.

In Brussels, the safer city at number 17 on the list, I have been variously held at knife point, burglarized, and bashed.

This was prior to 1995, a safer time than now...

Edited by orchis
edited
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 12:10 PM, tryasimight said:

Gee....you've seen it all.

My way is much safer....only go to bars after 11pm and hang out with bar girls....never had a problem.

Never seen a jumper, a murder or experienced theft of any kind.

Awesome! I hope your luck keeps up!
Maybe those girls are kinda like bodyguards! haha Who knows how they might attack if somebody messed with their customer ;)

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2017 at 8:04 AM, Baerboxer said:

But there are certain parts of some big cities in the UK where I wouldn't want to go!

You do not live in the UK and visit maybe for a few days a year so have no Idea what its like anymore and just read headlines and not read the full story.

I on the other hand do spend up to 10 months a year there only fleeing to avoid the cold.

I do not see any of these problems and I am out travelling every day to most cities.

1 event is not a daily occurrence. I can visit where I want and never get trouble, someone said on here the other week that there are parts of the UK you cannot visit after 8pm because they are Muslim what a load of rubbish.

So many state things and have not even visited the old country in years, so have no idea, many do not even have a vote in the old country. Which you have to renew every year.

Stop reading the headlines that are designed to get you to buy the paper or stay on the website, read the story they are often very different.

Edited by wakeupplease

3 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

You do not live in the UK and visit maybe for a few days a year so have no Idea what its like anymore and just read headlines and not read the full story.

I on the other hand do spend up to 10 months a year there only fleeing to avoid the cold.

I do not see any of these problems and I am out travelling every day to most cities.

1 event is not a daily occurrence. I can visit where I want and never get trouble, someone said on here the other week that there are parts of the UK you cannot visit after 8pm because they are Muslim what a load of rubbish.

So many state things and have not even visited the old country in years, so have no idea, many do not even have a vote in the old country. Which you have to renew every year.

Stop reading the headlines that are designed to get you to buy the paper or stay on the website, read the story they are often very different.

I totally agree wakeupplease.

There are a lot of experts on these type of forums.

On 20/10/2017 at 12:38 PM, Kevbo said:

It was my post that you criticised suggesting the English were worried about grammar, thus insinuating that I was English. You are just spouting gobbledegook , perhaps you should have a singha and put the dictionary away

If you get me that Singha, I will gladly put the dictionary away.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

i beg to differ. i'll expain

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

so the little rats on their mopeds robbing people don't exist? people throwing acid at each other and pulling knives over nothing?? sure mate. you are wrong

See what I mean another who has not seen it close up but via those big headlines and unable to read the Little writing that comes after, I showed the comment to my Thai wife and her reply was, he has lived in thai too long and reads the comics too much.

21 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Im afraid baerboxer is correct concerning London..it is on some sort of danger warning Red to bright pink panic level, because of muslim terrorist attacks. I moved out of London many years ago because it was getting a little unpleasant.   Mind you, I believe Her Majesty's Government .. is just as dangerous to the UK citizens.

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Mind you, I believe Her Majesty's Government .. is just as dangerous to the UK citizens.

Says it all

I hope you enjoy reading your comics and living in fantasy land.

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

it is on some sort of danger warning Red to bright pink panic level, because of muslim terrorist attacks

Do you mean red or amber, never heard of bright pink.

Panic level Not in London or the UK mate as you should know as they did not panic in the first or second world wars did they. They are as hard as they come and like the rest of the world who suffer from this, ready to fight it. Mind you Look South and what do you see?

But do you know what causes these type of problems? Always a government that runs a country so the elites can prosper and then along comes a nutter who wants to take over the world, Does that sound familiar.

Tell the truth or say nothing.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Says it all

I hope you enjoy reading your comics and living in fantasy land.

Do you mean red or amber, never heard of bright pink.

Panic level Not in London or the UK mate as you should know as they did not panic in the first or second world wars did they. They are as hard as they come and like the rest of the world who suffer from this, ready to fight it. Mind you Look South and what do you see?

But do you know what causes these type of problems? Always a government that runs a country so the elites can prosper and then along comes a nutter who wants to take over the world, Does that sound familiar.

Tell the truth or say nothing.

1/ There is more truth in a comic than in western media.

2/ After the bright pink level there is the Brown Pants level.

3/ If you were sitting on a ticking device..you would'nt panic then?

4/ There is not 'a' nutter, but a clique of nutters that have plans to control the world.

Fantasy and reality are only ones perception..The truth is always hidden.

7 hours ago, talahtnut said:

1/ There is more truth in a comic than in western media.

2/ After the bright pink level there is the Brown Pants level.

3/ If you were sitting on a ticking device..you would'nt panic then?

4/ There is not 'a' nutter, but a clique of nutters that have plans to control the world.

Fantasy and reality are only ones perception..The truth is always hidden.

I will have to take your word for it as in London I do not see any of the post happening very often, but see it south of Bk what is 7000 now departed

Nutters or people with brain damage yep you are right, they even think their language will be the world leader in 20 years.

But hey ho as long as the sun still shines and tomorrow comes we will all get on with it in one way and another and hopefully enjoy our life. Not looking forward to the after life as it must be very crowded in there.

keep well

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, flyingtlger said:

There is a lot of things that need improvement but I would rather live in Thailand than any other country......You have to take the bad with the good.

Love it or leave it!

There's quite a bit of scope between loving and hating a place. There's no need to give people the marching orders just because they have some complaints, and there really is lots to complain about (in Thailand).

• Like 1