Expat cops

overherebc

Just hope one thing...that the volonteers speak good Thai, and in that case full acknowledgement to their engagement and service and hopefully....honesty!!!

If not, what would be the purpose apart from trying to get some authority and status, as a farang?

People are jealous because it's a "authority" "sort of thing , they have this psychological  idea the farang  cop can't tell me what to do no sireee and i will confront him etc etc and no authority will ever tell me what to do etc because they are wearing a uniform no way they think to themselves.

a few years ago finishing my night security guard shift in farangland  at the factory I went over to the bus stop across the road to get the bus home.

usually I wear a jacket or shirt to cover the uniform but it forgot it that morning so here I am standing at the bus stop wearing my white security shirt .

Some teenagers go past riding their skateboards and I move out of the way ,one of the teens stops and ask if I have a cigarette and I said no and I ask him about his skateboard , after some friendly chat he rides on.

A moment later a old guy comes up to my face aggressively "how dare you security guards pick on kids ?? He shouts 

"all because they wanted to ride their skateboards ,how dare you ???

"kids being harassed !!!

I was flabbergasted , I was going to say something to him but I was too tired .so I walked around him to get on the bus.

it goes to show that some people have a psychological problem when they see someone in a uniform 

they think they need to confrontation by that person that's why after my incident I always changed my uniform going home from work otherwise you end up getting some me DH who wants to confront you .

Edited by georgegeorgia

I  have no use for these TP farangs, and hope I never do, with good reason, because I have seen some pretty depressing situations dumped on them such as;

- Helping car crash victims make the calls to consulates and embassies to inform of a fatality or serious injury;

- Helping foreign women who have been sexually assaulted. (They could really use   more women to  assist);

- Dealing with rude and obnoxious farangs who have got themselves in a jam.

No, I don't want anything to do with them, because it would mean I was in a pickle.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:05 AM, Tony125 said:

You are completely wrong or have never been to Walking Street in Pattaya, they are there every night and have been for many years. There are also Foreign Police Assistants in Chiang Mai and other cities.

I can assure you I have. Those jokers aren't real cops bro. You really don't know what a cop is if you think those jokers are cops. Are they carrying a gun and handcuffs? Can they apply physical force to arrest someone? 

Edited by bbi1

18 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I can assure you I have. Those jokers aren't real cops bro. You really don't know what a cop is if you think those jokers are cops. Are they carrying a gun and handcuffs? Can they apply physical force to arrest someone? 

In the 2 videos below you can see the National police Chief visiting Pattaya Tourist police and specifically talking about the foreign officers doing more to help out . In second vid you will see 2 falang Tourist Police chase down 2 drunks and cuff them place them under arrest. They can when working with other Thai Police detain and arrest you.

30 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

In the 2 videos below you can see the National police Chief visiting Pattaya Tourist police and specifically talking about the foreign officers doing more to help out . In second vid you will see 2 falang Tourist Police chase down 2 drunks and cuff them place them under arrest. They can when working with other Thai Police detain and arrest you.

There is lots of information on websites that states even Thai nationals that are Tourist police, "Do not have Police powers". And the volunteers assisting have less power than that.

"Tourist police are uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. In more serious cases, they will translate reports to be passed on to the regular police."