Go-go going as Chinese women fuel Thai tourism boom

webfact

22 hours ago, natway09 said:

And how much money do they leave behind ?? only what they spend in 7/11

Most people dont realise that chinese in general have the highest daily spend of all tourists to Thailand

spend.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2017 at 1:55 PM, webfact said:

"Not as many women visited Thailand because they thought we were a cheap destination with too much vice, but now more are coming, which means our image accommodates them," 

I might have believed it, at a considerable push, were it not for: 'Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul told Reuters.'

On 10/20/2017 at 3:04 PM, EricTh said:

Thailand should thank the Chinese for shedding its sex capital image which the Americans and Europeans gave them.

sure , they replaced wealthy and generous punters with hordes of cheap chinkies who clog and pee on airport floors while waiting for visa stamps.:sick:

indeed a great improvement :saai:

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎21 at 9:17 AM, ksamuiguy said:

Looking for husbands!

Shortage of men in China, one child policy was a disaster.

Quite the opposite - China has a heavily male-skewed population. Having a son is desirable in Chinese culture, and if you're only allowed one child, it encourages couples to abort female fetuses in the hope the next one will be male ... So there's an over-supply of men in China

• Like 1

Most people dont realise that chinese in general have the highest daily spend of all tourists to Thailand

Except you own chart disagrees strongly with that claim;

China 174.68

All other countries 1,393.79

Most people realize this, hopefully.

China is a miserable country and is proximal to SE Asia. As western nation states decline there will likely be increase expatriation, SE Asia included.

Will Thailand favor China over another country? That's the question. I don't think so, no way.

Edited by ding

7 hours ago, ding said:

The Philippines kicked out the US military bases and is now booming! :spamsign:

If it works... fix it? What could go wrong?

Philippine peso is sinking as fast as the GB pound.

Hardly booming.

18 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Philippine peso is sinking as fast as the GB pound.

Hardly booming.

Pound dropped in June last year, and has only fluctuated a % or two since. Tourism is up, inflation is not rampant, FTSE is up, jobs up, other figures similar...

No doom and gloom.

Take another look Captain TT.

Me so confuse.

The article talks about Chinese women coming to Thailand, then we get a segue into Thailand's sex industry without an explanation.

Are the Chinese women coming down to work? More flavor to savor!

Maybe they are Chinese lesbians swooping down on our dear puying tai!!!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 9:53 PM, Penefattore said:

sure , they replaced wealthy and generous punters with hordes of cheap chinkies who clog and pee on airport floors while waiting for visa stamps.

indeed a great improvement 

Generous punters?  You mean the ones who threaten to head off to Cambodia if the tax on beer and smokes goes up by a baht or 2?

• Haha 1

On 22/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Docno said:

Quite the opposite - China has a heavily male-skewed population. Having a son is desirable in Chinese culture, and if you're only allowed one child, it encourages couples to abort female fetuses in the hope the next one will be male ... So there's an over-supply of men in China

Survival of the fittest. Chinese should not be allowed to reproduce 

1 minute ago, inThailand said:

Survival of the fittest. Chinese should not be allowed to reproduce 

Which is it? 

Living in China for 10 years, I've seen Chinese workers thriving in conditions that would have the average European crying for his Mommy.

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

Which is it? 

Living in China for 10 years, I've seen Chinese workers thriving in conditions that would have the average European crying for his Mommy.

Pigs rarely complain about the pigpen.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Pigs rarely complain about the pigpen.

I moved from China to Thailand around 7 years ago for a job.  At that time, Thailand was a breath of fresh air compared to China.  7 years on, the improvements in China's infrastructure, it's traffic enforcement and general living conditions have been amazing. 

Thailand, meanwhile, is getting no better- and in many areas, much worse...

On the topic in the OP, Chinese women on tour are a lot like Euro or N. American women on a holiday lark.  They're open to some adventures that would expand the amorous opportunities for any guys (or gals- I don't judge) who know how to communicate with them...  

• Like 1

sure , they replaced wealthy and generous punters with hordes of cheap chinkies who clog and pee on airport floors while waiting for visa stamps.:sick:
indeed a great improvement :saai:

I don't know the nationality of the person involved but whichever, it is disgusting - at Hualampong station last week I needed to sit on a toilet. The floor of the cubicle was wet (body fluids? you're never sure) and some dirty footprints were on the floor. However the kicker was that those same dirty footprints were on the toilet seat. Bloody'ell.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most people (outside of China) would agree I'm sure that the one child policy was a huge success. In fact the world needs such policies like never before.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:17 AM, ksamuiguy said:

Looking for husbands!

Shortage of men in China, one child policy was a disaster.

What ?  It is the women in short supply due to the one child policy with many girls being aborted.  There is a massive imbalance and it is males who cannot get wives unless they are wealthy.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎02 at 7:57 AM, bheard said:

Most people (outside of China) would agree I'm sure that the one child policy was a huge success. In fact the world needs such policies like never before.

I don't disagree, but it had the unanticipated effect of creating a severe gender skew in the population because of the premium placed on having sons. This is the problem with large scale social policies... it's often difficult to predict unwanted 'side effects'. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎02 at 7:57 AM, bheard said:

Except that when you have a large number of males in a society with no prospects of marriage and no outlets for sexual desire you have major problems. And because women typically 'marry up', most of these males will be poor and less educated. In the past, nations could draw from this surplus as cannon (or sword) fodder in their wars... not sure we want China to go down that road. At the very least, skewed gender ratios threaten social stability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/10/2017 at 2:04 PM, EricTh said:

Thailand should thank the Chinese for shedding its sex capital image which the Americans and Europeans gave them.

I think you are quite wrong.

It was already there before the US and EU visitors came.

Only around 5% of the business is catering for western people.

On 10/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, EricTh said:

But they do not spend that much money here, every thing pre booked in China. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, Docno said:

Except that when you have a large number of males in a society with no prospects of marriage and no outlets for sexual desire you have major problems. And because women typically 'marry up', most of these males will be poor and less educated. In the past, nations could draw from this surplus as cannon (or sword) fodder in their wars... not sure we want China to go down that road. At the very least, skewed gender ratios threaten social stability. 

I was in China last month, didn't seem to be any shortage of women.

28 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

That's because there's so many people there. But there's still 30-40 million less women than men. 

And because of the glut of women it's been estimated that in one 'province' women only have sex 3 times a year on average.

59 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

That's because there's so many people there. But there's still 30-40 million less women than men. 

If there were that many extra Chinese men, wouldn't I have seen them out and about?

Hotel receptionist woman, owner woman, owners sister woman. Didn't see a man but they claimed dad owned the place.

National park, ticket office lady, ticket barrier lady.

In the park lots of attractive women posing and taking selfies.

At the train station, all women at the ticket counters, airport shuttle bus driver woman.

Local supermarket 5 women sales and cashiers, no men.

A couple of m/c taxi drivers were men, local bus drivers men.

Where are all these excess Chinese men?

Hiding at home? I mostly encountered women.