Where to register a Thai company for fraud

Hi

Do anybody know a good web site where you can register a Thai company for fraud.

My company was lately conned for 12000 EUR by a Thai woman who own a company in Bangkok.
The attorney have decided to go to court but also tell us that the money is lost since she have done this to other companies before.

We think it is our duty to warm other people about this woman...

Since we have a fake check from this woman and the bank tell us that it is fake , we can easily prove that she is a criminal.

:jap:

8 hours ago, blackcab said:

Be careful. If you expose her on the internet she will be able to get the police to charge you with criminal defamation and a computer crime act charge.

It doesn't matter that you are telling the truth and that you can prove it.

This is exactly right, the sad part is that you cannot tell anyone specific details about it and cannot name the company because of fears of being sued for defamation. It does not matter if it is the truth, if they can prove you caused them a loss of reputation (face) they will win.

Also if you wait too long the company will only have to pay you small monthly amount in retribution, if you win and they have the funds that is.

There is a Thai Consumer protection website, don't have it to hand.  I've seen it discussed here on the

forums before.

You may have to file a civil suit ... you could go to one of the local law offices.  From what I've experienced

most give a free consultation.

Does not sound like a consumer matter. Sounds like a business transaction. So no actual real debt collection agencies or small claims courts to go through?

OP surely you have more info. You are allowed to explain the issue you just cannot name the suspect.

19 hours ago, tonray said:

Police office where the crime was committed is your first stop.

disagree.....the first person you see is a lawyer,as it is civil law, not criminal......

Then i personally think that the amount you lost doesn't weigh the costs and stress of Thainess in the judicial process... i have been there........and retreated !.

5 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

There is a Thai Consumer protection website, don't have it to hand.  I've seen it discussed here on the

forums before.

You may have to file a civil suit ... you could go to one of the local law offices.  From what I've experienced

most give a free consultation.

The consumer group is useless. i wrote to them about CTH trying to rip me off, they said they'd get back to me within a month, and that was two years ago. They probably did what I did, write to CTH, and when CTH ignored them as they did me they took it no further.

Of course this is a criminal matter and you should go and see the police in her location. Whether they will do anything is a completely different matter. But from their reaction you should be able to tell whether they are protecting her or not. Try to meet with the chief of police first. Ask him for guidance how to proceed and take it from there. Some are helpful, some are not. Luck of the draw.

OP,

My advice to you is to cut your losses.

As the so called Fraud was a business transaction, it is deemed as a " Breech of Contract ", and not Fraud.

The Police will have zero interest in this matter as nobody was murdered, and will tell you to  seek a Lawyer.

The Lawyer will tell you that its possible to get your money, then charge you an arm and a leg, only to tell you down the line that the Company has got bust and " Sorry, nothing can be done ".

Been there, done it and got the t-shirt.

On 21/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, BEngBKK said:

Since we have a fake check from this woman and the bank tell us that it is fake , we can easily prove that she is a criminal.

Writing a cheque that is presented to a bank when there are insufficient funds to pay the payee or bearer at the time of presentation is a criminal offence in Thailand.

This is why some people will say you should accept their cheque as a deposit because they are not going to risk a criminal charge by defaulting.

However... If the cheque is cancelled after it is handed over by the drawer, but before it is presented to a bank then there is no criminal case to answer. It is simply a contractual dispute.

With our online business banking I can cancel a business cheque within 30 seconds, using my phone - much faster than anyone could get to a bank.

This is why a cheque should not be accepted as payment until it has cleared. As a business you can pay for express clearing if you have to, and for a 12,000 Euro payment this would be a good option. Either that or insist on a bank cheque. They cost 25 baht and can be obtained very easily.

OP said it was a "Fake" check. 

If it was a fake paper check that was made like a real check then it is a police business. 

But if the check was not good because it was canceled earlier or account had no sufficient fund then it is a lawyer job to go after.