For people watching Insulin based on the glycemic index and load

dontoearth

I use a combination of intermittent fasting and watching glycemic loads in food that I consume along with vigorous exercise.  The other day a chat buddy told me about being hungry and tired after his 'healthful' bowl of oatmeal.  He couldn't figure out why it wasn't filling him up and providing lots of energy.  Breakfast most important meal of the day..and other nonsense!  He does know about the glycemic index and load.  He has some blood sugar issues.  He was really amazed by the info in this article.  

If you are eating your big bowl of oats and feeling tired and hungry at 10:00 am and over stuffing yourself at lunch, are you really being helped by that bowl of oats?  Here is why it may not be healthful or good for you at all when you are dieting!

https://www.nutritionletter.tufts.edu/issues/8_11/ask-experts/ask-tufts-experts_1204-1.html

I am in the states now and have kept my 30 lbs off with vigorous walking.  I mean 10 - 14 miles a day!  I am really seeing the city! And I watch sugary crap trying to cut it out entirely or make it that once in a week treat.

BTW!  This article really explains why ONLY steel cut oats are a good choice for those considering oats for breakfast.  I know a lot of people here get confused by the types of oats.

I only eat steel cut oats, but there is no way I would eat oats for my first meal of the day. That would make me lethargic too. If I eat oats (I don't eat them often), it's closer to bedtime.

I practice a mini-version of intermittent fasting. I don't eat anything heavy until many hours after I wake and only when I'm hungry. I never feel hungry when I wake up, so why eat food? That's a concept that started as part of a 9-5 workday, but if you're retired, then eating later on in the day makes more sense as you have the luxury to choose when to eat.

I do start the day with a glass of kefir, and if I'm going to do an early workout I may have a small protein drink, and a stiff coffee without milk or sugar to stoke the fire. I usually eat a piece of fruit too.

Archived