Eight year old survives as parents thrown from car in Buriram accident

webfact

Eight year old survives as parents thrown from car in Buriram accident

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An eight year old girl lost both her parents after a car slammed into a roadside wall yesterday in Buriram.

Thrown from the Nissan Almera were Manit, 42, and Sukanya,40.

Inside the car police found their eight year old daughter alive. She is now out of danger, reported Sanook.

Police said that they believed the parents were wearing seat belts but these broke in the force of the accident propelling the victims from the car.

The accident happened in Nang Rong district on Route 24, kilometer marker 105-106.

Police said it was likely that the driver lost control swerving to avoid another vehicle.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said that they believed the parents were wearing seat belts but these broke in the force of the accident propelling the victims from the car.

Really ??????? never heard of this happening in a late model car, and twice.

Possibly to help with statistics or insurance claim etc.

First. R. I. P.  In the past two days there has been two separate incidences of death in the Nang Rong area. Both of these the reporting and translation has left something to be desired. The  reporting of deceased yesterday was and is a farce. Just saying.

Tragic so very tragic, poor girl orphaned due to parents stupidity.

As i have said many times, there are no honest police in Thailand.

Saying the seat belts broke, pathetic bloody pathetic, when accidents happen here a brain dead cop lies or just makes things up for his report.

Same as other readers, I have been wearing a seat belt for around 50 years. I had a non-inertia (lap & diagonal?) fitted to my Austin A40 circa 1967.

Since then a seat belt has saved my life in 2 serious accidents.

These people were NOT wearing seat belts.

I have taken holidays in Buriram 7 times in the last 2 years and never witnessed such shocking driving, road manners and policing in 20 years driving throughout 50 Thai Provinces.

At every traffic light controlled intersection, 5 seconds are lost waiting for inconsiderate drivers going through red lights. We see dozens such incidents every day. Likewise many drivers going the wrong way along dual-carriageways.

I was pulled over by a police check (12 officers) for having a missing brake-light (yes - guilty me lud) and fined 200 thb although 2 others were visible. Maybe because of my colour and an out of town plate. However, during my 15 minute stop to argue and finally pay, hundreds of drivers passed not wearing seat belts, speeding and equally hundreds of under age motorcycle riders with no helmets. Stops like these are a total waste of police resources and contribute nothing to road safety.

I would like to see a greater police presence on the 218 outside BigC/Robinsons to catch the non-seat-wearing maniacs going along there at 120+ kph.

At night time in Buriram there are lots of drivers without lights and maybe only 10% wear seat belts at any time.

Sorry for the rant, but given the location and my experiences, I just wanted to vent my anger at the Buriram motorists/police.

51 minutes ago, yosib157 said:

Same as other readers, I have been wearing a seat belt for around 50 years. I had a non-inertia (lap & diagonal?) fitted to my Austin A40 circa 1967.

I have taken holidays in Buriram 7 times in the last 2 years and never witnessed such shocking driving, road manners and policing in 20 years driving throughout 50 Thai Provinces.

At every traffic light controlled intersection, 5 seconds are lost waiting for inconsiderate drivers going through red lights. We see dozens such incidents every day. Likewise many drivers going the wrong way along dual-carriageways.

I was pulled over by a police check (12 officers) for having a missing brake-light (yes - guilty me lud) and fined 200 thb although 2 others were visible. Maybe because of my colour and an out of town plate. However, during my 15 minute stop to argue and finally pay, hundreds of drivers passed not wearing seat belts, speeding and equally hundreds of under age motorcycle riders with no helmets. Stops like these are a total waste of police resources and contribute nothing to road safety.

I would like to see a greater police presence on the 218 outside BigC/Robinsons to catch the non-seat-wearing maniacs going along there at 120+ kph.

At night time in Buriram there are lots of drivers without lights and maybe only 10% wear seat belts at any time.

Sorry for the rant, but given the location and my experiences, I just wanted to vent my anger at the Buriram motorists/police.

I concur regarding Buriram roads and driving. I’ve driven extensively in Thailand like yourself and never have I felt more unsafe and concerned than my trip through Buriram & Surin. 

I’m not sure why but the roads in this area definitely feel a lot more dangerous and unpredictable than usual.

3 hours ago, yosib157 said:

Wow nice to know.  I didn't think anyone was ever fined for a broken or out light here in LOS.  I see 90% of motorcycles with no tail light at night and new cars with no taillights on but headlights on  and many driving with the lights off. 

They must make different cars and motorcycles in this country.  Ones with lights that don;t work.

3 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

do they have airbags ?

Exactly, at least a drivers side airbag. I always thought there is an inertia switch on the seatbelts that trips the airbags.

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

and now the poor little girl is an orphan thanks to thai adult stupidity, seat belts breaking my ass . is that all the toytown police can come up with, how pathetic

both seatbelts at the same time (really) it would be best if the toy town police did not speculate or better still the reporter diden't  print these stupid remarks (oh i forgot probably Thai)

23 minutes ago, siam58 said:

I can confirm that Buri Ram police look at brake lights that are not functioning and fine the driver 200 ฿. That just happened about two weeks ago to a Thai friend of mine with Buri Ram car registration plate.

Thanks for that; however, it didn't appear on the recently announced bi-lingual traffic offence tickets.

My intention was to stress the point that Buriram Police ignore other the more serious offences of jumping red lights, speeding and not wearing seat belts. 

1 minute ago, yosib157 said:

Thanks for that; however, it didn't appear on the recently announced bi-lingual traffic offence tickets.

My intention was to stress the point that Buriram Police ignore other the more serious offences of jumping red lights, speeding and not wearing seat belts. 

Be fair, they have a tough job......

To confirm, they have successfully apprehended me for speeding, not wearing a seat belt AND 'jumping a red light' (I followed a Thai)..

12 hours ago, webfact said:

This says it all really. BIB. Absolutely no way. Both seat belts? That child's very lucky to be alive. Both parents thrown from the car, both wearing seat belts, both seat belts broke. 

Only a complete imbecile could come out with this.

8 hours ago, gaviolit said:

I live in NR, these it was a village to be a small city too fast, worst trafic for stupid people drive buffalo just a few years ago! 

You should know then that the main road, 24, through Nang Rong was updated 10 years ago to a dual carriageway and should be safe if used properly. It’s so straight that people just drive too fast.

6 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I also am sure that the parents wearing their seatbelts is malarkey.

Fair chance that they were wearing seat belts - sort of.

In most modern cars there is an annoying alarm that goes off if a seat is occupied and the belt is not fastened.

I have seen so many people simply clip the belt into position over their lap with the diagonal part of the strap behind their back.

Don't work too well like that.

The couple who were killed in this accident weren't married to each other. The surviving girl has a father living in BKK so she won't be orphaned. From my understanding of the accident it was initially reported they were not wearing seat-belts. That later changed during the day to the seat-belts broke. Also it is not clear as to who was driving the car. The male was a qualified driver but the female had no licence. She may have been driving under tuition. At this moment, from my information, the police are waiting to interview the girl who survived. 

The woman was cremated this morning. The male was returned to his mothers as there was a disharmony in the families over their relationship.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:04 AM, webfact said:

Police said it was likely that the driver lost control swerving to avoid another vehicle.

It was on a dual carriageway. A lorry driver that they were overtaking said they lost control immediately after overtaking him. As a side note both victims had been drinking at a wedding party in Krokkaeo, Amphur Non Suwan hours before the accident. I wonder if both victims were blood tested?

both seat belts broke. 

My missus believes it to be true even though I tried hard in trying to explain to her it's virtually impossible and I'd never heard of it happening before. 

2 hours ago, sinbin said:

This says it all really. BIB. Absolutely no way. Both seat belts? That child's very lucky to be alive. Both parents thrown from the car, both wearing seat belts, both seat belts broke. 

My missus believes it to be true even though I tried hard in trying to explain to her it's virtually impossible and I'd never heard of it happening before. 

Head. Wall. Bash. Ghosts are real. Head. Wall. Bash. etc. etc. TIT.:smile:

Archived