Phuket Immigration Office chief denies 90-day online reporting issues

snoop1130

Phuket Immigration Office chief denies 90-day online reporting issues

Shela Riva

1508845935_1-org.jpg

The online 90-day reporting is working as usual, says immigration chief Pol Kathatorn. Photo: Screengrab

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Immigration Office chief Lt Col Kathatorn Kumthiend has today (Oct 24) denied there are any issues with the 90-day online reporting system after reports from a number of readers this month that they were unable to report their 90 days on the Immigration website’s system.

“The system is working as normal,” said Lt Col Chief Kathatorn.

“But please remind foreigners to read the guide before proceeding.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-office-chief-denies-90-day-online-reporting-issues-64437.php#1buosHqFFEJkFEjr.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-24

He is talking utter crap. I have just been to the online reporting section of the immigration website and guess what? It isn't working. Five minutes after clicking the link after accepting T's and C's, it is still trying to load. You would have thought that when they set this up, they would have found someone who actually knows what they are doing, but then again, this is Thailand, so not overly surprising incompetence.

Edit: After three tries and a fifteen to twenty minute wait, I finally got to the opening page.

Edited by darksidedog

22 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

He is talking utter crap. I have just been to the online reporting section of the immigration website and guess what? It isn't working. Five minutes after clicking the link after accepting T's and C's, it is still trying to load. You would have thought that when they set this up, they would have found someone who actually knows what they are doing, but then again, this is Thailand, so not overly surprising incompetence.

Edit: After three tries and a fifteen to twenty minute wait, I finally got to the opening page.

I actually managed to get my report completed, and once everything was completed got a pending approval notification.

That was 2 weeks my report was due.

2 weeks later.......Still pending, so a visit to immi was made, total waste of time and effort.....Joke....

It wouldn't be so bad if when you get "rejected" and told to go to the nearest immigration office...that they would highlight the "field" that was an error

You know like most other sites in the world..apologies only dreaming :-)

Please wake me up if you can assure me it is working without installing MS Windows and Internet Exploder first, or whenever it is safe to visit the page.

90days-1.png

Edited by hkt83100
Attach screenshot

The Phuket Immigration Office chief Lt Col Kathatorn Kumthiend obviously has his head buried in the sand along with anyone else associated with the Online 90 day reporting system. Brain washed and in utter denial.

I have just spent some time on the Cambodian Immigration WEB site = What a breath of fresh air. 21st century as compared with 'apparent' pre internet "Viatel" technology here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

The Phuket Immigration Office chief Lt Col Kathatorn Kumthiend obviously has his head buried in the sand along with anyone else associated with the Online 90 day reporting system. Brain washed and in utter denial.

I have just spent some time on the Cambodian Immigration WEB site = What a breath of fresh air. 21st century as compared with 'apparent' pre internet "Viatel" technology here in Thailand.

Maybe a silly question but why report in Cambodia if you live in Thailand.......Thai bashing maybe!!!!

It is working, I got mine a few days ago. The only difference was it took about 10 days (pending approval) compared to just 1 day or 2 days previously. And there was no email or sms telling me it was approved so I had to go back to the site to check.

Make sure to use the IE browser!

5 minutes ago, Topdoc said:

It is working, I got mine a few days ago. The only difference was it took about 10 days (pending approval) compared to just 1 day or 2 days previously. And there was no email or sms telling me it was approved so I had to go back to the site to check.

Make sure to use the IE browser!

And was that Phuket?

10 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Please wake me up if you can assure me it is working without installing MS Windows and Internet Exploder first, or whenever it is safe to visit the page.

90days-1.png

But according to Lt Col Chief Kathatorn “The system is working as normal,” so I guess that's normal. Enjoy the convenience. :coffee1:

10 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

That is the Bangkok immigration websites problem. 

This is a good link for online 90 day reporting. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Mine was due in 15 days on the 10th October do I tried the online method and it would not move past the first page. I’d resigned myself to the fact it was a going to be a visit to immigration. Just out of curiosity I tried again on the 11th and it went through very easily and received a reference number. Used the second tab to check exhisting  applications using the reference number and it was showing “ pending”. On the 12th I checked again and it had been approved so printed out the confirmation and next report date easy-peasy. You need to use Internet Explorer not the newer browser “edge” in windows. If you do a google search it shows you how to install Internet explorer in windows 10. Not holding my breath for next time though but might be worth trying it over a couple of days.

To conclude “ is it working correctly?”.

NO it most definitely is not should work anytime on any browser.

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I registerd every 90 day  for years, The system crashed a year ago and while we can registered there is no follow up confirmation ... in my opinion the system is not working as normal.

It is working for other locations. I don't think Phuket immigration is checking for online reports and then processing them.

No problem with the website. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is working for other locations. I don't think Phuket immigration is checking for online reports and then processing them.

No problem with the website. 

Can that be true ?  I would think online reports are processed at a centre location, such as in Bangkok. 

I  remember some guy on here the other month scoffing at how great the online system was in Phuket and that I was mad to go into town and be 'inconvenienced' every 90 days- he's very quiet at the moment! :post-4641-1156694572:

Hi :wai:

I did my first online 90 days report on the 18/10, 15 day before, using IE, just to make sure, but I can also use Mozilla, and it work for me, and I have been cheking every day, and it still pending, so it works, but what the point, if nobody in the immigrations office, in my case Nong Khai is cheking it, I hope I`m wrong.

Have a nice day :wai:

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Can that be true ?  I would think online reports are processed at a centre location, such as in Bangkok. 

Yes, it is true.

There are 2 issues:

1. the general online reporting system, centrally developed and maintained, which is, with all its flaws like IE requirement, working at the moment;

2. the actual processing of the reports done by the users, which is done locally. It seems some offices are doing this, others are not. But maybe Phuket will start processing now, at least according to Phuket immigration office chief.

8 hours ago, PaddyDaddy said:

Maybe a silly question but why report in Cambodia if you live in Thailand.......Thai bashing maybe!!!!

Nothing to do with "Reporting" to Cambodia. I was comparing the quality and clarity of their WEB site, ease of applying for visas on line, user/applicant interface etc., clear and precise English (using that option), no restrictions re browsers etc. etc. etc.

THAI BASHING :- You got it in one!

Coincidentally,  after 2 years of trying I managed to submit my first online 90 day report yesterday.  Checking today it has been approved.  Yes, the system has problems but I don't think its about Phuket.  I'm still trying to print the page for the next reporting (yes, I have allowed pop-ups).  But I don't time to mess with it now or tonight I'll try to print again tomorrow.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, it is true.

There are 2 issues:

1. the general online reporting system, centrally developed and maintained, which is, with all its flaws like IE requirement, working at the moment;

2. the actual processing of the reports done by the users, which is done locally. It seems some offices are doing this, others are not. But maybe Phuket will start processing now, at least according to Phuket immigration office chief.

After having tried between day 15 and 8 before the report date several times with various browsers, had to go to immigration HKT Town today. I mentioned to the volunteer that 90 days online is not working and she told me something I did not know before. She said that one can submit online ONLY during immi office opening hours, then she said it works online. Good to know that computers have civil servants status, TIT.

Will give it a try next time again, but not very hopeful.

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

After having tried between day 15 and 8 before the report date several times with various browsers, had to go to immigration HKT Town today. I mentioned to the volunteer that 90 days online is not working and she told me something I did not know before. She said that one can submit online ONLY during immi office opening hours, then she said it works online. Good to know that computers have civil servants status, TIT.

I can see that the change from Pending to Approved will be done during office hours, but, the application, too?

Nah......that's not right. You can submit it day, or night and it should be viewed during the next working day.

Frankly, I've had more incorrect info from the volunteers than not, though, I do appreciate the job they do..........just not their sources.

25 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:
1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

I can see that the change from Pending to Approved will be done during office hours, but, the application, too?

Nah......that's not right. You can submit it day, or night and it should be viewed during the next working day.

Frankly, I've had more incorrect info from the volunteers than not, though, I do appreciate the job they do..........just not their sources.

I was told the same thing in Phuket town immigration office some weeks ago by the volunteer. 

Only works office hours. 

I did it in the middle of the night last spring and it was working.

But I will try office hours next time :wai:

12 hours ago, fersken said:

Hi :wai:

I did my first online 90 days report on the 18/10, 15 day before, using IE, just to make sure, but I can also use Mozilla, and it work for me, and I have been cheking every day, and it still pending, so it works, but what the point, if nobody in the immigrations office, in my case Nong Khai is cheking it, I hope I`m wrong.

Have a nice day :wai:

Thanks for that but you may have noticed that this is about the PHUKET Immigration Office.

13 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

Mouhahaha. It's not entirely impossible that everything is done manually on the server side. I can only imagine the poor trainee trying to manually fill up TM47 forms based on what's on his screen. That would explain most of the issues :D