Phuket Immigration Office chief denies 90-day online reporting issues

snoop1130

On 25/10/2017 at 12:30 AM, darksidedog said:

He is talking utter crap. I have just been to the online reporting section of the immigration website and guess what? It isn't working. Five minutes after clicking the link after accepting T's and C's, it is still trying to load. You would have thought that when they set this up, they would have found someone who actually knows what they are doing, but then again, this is Thailand, so not overly surprising incompetence.

Edit: After three tries and a fifteen to twenty minute wait, I finally got to the opening page.

Its all part of protecting their jobs, i.e. you have to go in, personally I would have thought they would be better off improving the system to work efficiently, and getting these desk jockey's out to the airports where they have a shortage of IO's, so I am told. Just pinched myself, thought I was dreaming having said that.

I have just successfully submitted my online 90-day report application. Used IE Ver 11 without problems. No certificate warning this time. My status is Pending and I have a transaction number.

My 90 day report is due on the 12th November.

Let's see what happens.

41 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I have just successfully submitted my online 90-day report application. Used IE Ver 11 without problems. No certificate warning this time. My status is Pending and I have a transaction number.

Let's see what happens.

Last month (September 2017) my status was pending and transaction number. No confirmation received and I checked 2 days after the renewal date.  Just to be sure I nipped in Phuket office and all they needed was my passport, no form or copies. 

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Last month (September 2017) my status was pending and transaction number. No confirmation received and I checked 2 days after the renewal date.  Just to be sure I nipped in Phuket office and all they needed was my passport, no form or copies. 

What is the point of 90-day online reporting when you have to nip into the Phuket office to complete the process?

On 10/30/2017 at 8:49 AM, KarenBravo said:

Let's see what happens.

Application went in yesterday morning and has been Approved this morning.

Good news indeed. Seems the IO was telling the truth.

Edited by KarenBravo

14 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Application went in yesterday morning and has been Approved this morning.

Good news indeed. Seems the IO was telling the truth.

That's good to hear. Well done.

Question  ... did you apply during regular office hours.

Edited by LivinginKata

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

That's good to hear. Well done.

Question  ... did you apply during regular office hours.

Even though I don't believe this rumour..............it got submitted at around 08:30 am.

My own theory is that the top immigration officer, after the interview, found out that the only reason that the Phuket 90 day online report wasn't working, was that nobody was actually processing the applications. He probably applied a boot to the correct backsides because it's working now, yet, a few days back, it wasn't.

Edited by KarenBravo